watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khan out?

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, February 10, 2015, 10:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

It is Khan that is to blame for the collapse of the club in the previous 2 seasons. What good has he done for the club? The only advantage is that he has a load of money but he doesn't seen to want to spend it on the club just on the Jaguars. Fine if that's what he wants then sell us up and get someone in who has the club in their best interests like Al Fayed did maybe not with the same amount of money but with heart; the most important thing. He may be getting poorly advised but ultimately it is his final decision and he has adjust and learn more in order to make his own decisions if he is to stay as owner.

Ordar

Well I dont think thats strictly fair. He spend over 15m on players last January, then around the same in the summer. He's obviously being advised badly. There was far too much sentiment in the 5 man panel to appoint the manager this season. Kahn gave Kit the job (wrongly) based upon their recommendation.

Logicalman

er, if you believe that this rot started just 18 months ago, then you need to start reading up a little more sir. Start with 'Why did Mo sell us?', that should start the thought process in the right direction.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

andyk

I am not so sure, he seems to have just been really unlucky and very poorly advised. He has spent 23 million quid on two players. He employed Alex Ferguson's well regarded right hand man and then he appointed a manager who had won the German Bundesliga. Then he set up a group of highly experienced professionals to pick a new manager, which coincided with a renaissance at the club as Kit enjoyed a very successful honeymoon period. So Kit got picked.
I think by the stage January came round, he had written off the season and decided not to blow any more millions on a panic buy.
We should manage to stay in the Championship and then I expect Kit to go and an experienced English championship manager to come in. Take 2

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Ordar on February 10, 2015, 10:19:58 PM
Well I dont think thats strictly fair. He spend over 15m on players last January, then around the same in the summer. He's obviously being advised badly. There was far too much sentiment in the 5 man panel to appoint the manager this season. Kahn gave Kit the job (wrongly) based upon their recommendation.

Like I said when they appointed Kit, the Famous 5 got money for old rope.
Bet they never got out of their beds to earn the hundred  grand each or whatever
was thrown at them...
We all knew Kit would get it...Hope he dont employ them next time..

rockieroad

To be fair he's done a lot of what the fans asked from him. Last season he invested in the squad in January. After the magath debacle he listened to the general opinion that Kit should be appointed as manager. He let the kids play.

ToodlesMcToot

Entirely unfair to Khan. Read up. You'll see that Mr Khan has done little else but put his best foot forward where Fulham is concerned.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

J.Perkins

You're a fool for blaming Khan. He's provoded the club with money, 2 big transfers in 18 months. My guess is that he doesn't trust Symons with money, and I get why.

Fulham76

No idea why Khan bought us, he's never said, and I have even less idea what his intentions are. But, don't think he can be blamed for this mess just yet. He's put plenty of money in but been badly advised on managers & probably a bit unlucky.
McGath ripped our entire squad apart & replaced with kids & a lot of players without experience in the English game. In fact, we're just a Hangeland & Sidwell away from being a much better team. Im still blaming McGath

WayneKerrins

Quote from: J.Perkins on February 10, 2015, 10:28:04 PM
You're a fool for blaming Khan. He's provoded the club with money, 2 big transfers in 18 months. My guess is that he doesn't trust Symons with money, and I get why.

As regards the summer mathematics you are the fool JP. It was at worst break even or more likely a £2m surplus when all the outgoings and incomings are added up. Yes:  the weird Mitro signing was out of his sky rocket but since then NADA.

Logicalman

Isn't that why he brought in Mike Rigg, he was the talent bloke, surely he would have had some input into the window.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Logicalman on February 10, 2015, 10:33:45 PM

Isn't that why he brought in Mike Rigg, he was the talent bloke, surely he would have had some input into the window.

Forgot all about him.
Wonder how much he getting paid to play golf...

ron

"The Symons honeymoon period" mentioned is at the heart of what is going on now. We are getting rumbled by the other clubs because the tactics we have have become predictable. If there is a problem with Kit's tactics (and there is an increasing one) then it's purely based on predictability.

Jonaldiniho 88

I don't blame khan in the slightest. I don't blame kit who I'm sure is doing his best. We are a club that's failing and constant change or massive over spending isn't the solution. Kit needs to improve and khan needs to improve but we lack a good captain/leader and need somebody with creativity. It really seems to me that offence is the best form of defence for us at the minute. We roll over as soon as we are winning and if we pushed harder then it would in my oppinion take a lot of pressure of our defence.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on February 10, 2015, 10:13:07 PM
It is Khan that is to blame for the collapse of the club in the previous 2 seasons. What good has he done for the club? The only advantage is that he has a load of money but he doesn't seen to want to spend it on the club just on the Jaguars. Fine if that's what he wants then sell us up and get someone in who has the club in their best interests like Al Fayed did maybe not with the same amount of money but with heart; the most important thing.

This has to be a wind up. Surely, no one can believe this trash. I wanted to say it was a stupid, stupid post but I figured the mods would get on me.  :Get Coat gif:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Whoever is to blame for not adding to the squad in January is to blame. People keep talking about not wanting to panic buy etc. But would it have been a panic to find a few players that didn't cost the Earth but would have helped this poor squad.

Still as yet another game goes by with the same result, no shots on target in the second half. The same old blame will be put on the manager who frankly has done well with nothing at all. But teams have found out how to play us and we have no other plan because we have no other players.

So if it was Symons who told Khan we were fine then it IS his fault. But if Khan was advised and really thought we could stumble our way until the end of the season and then do what exactly in the Summer? Then Khan IS to blame. Many have seen this debacle coming. I had hoped we could build on the turn around that Symons introduced. But again we have stopped still and have nothing but this poor squad to rely on.

Come the Summer we will lose what decent players we have and those who expect a big spending spree may be shocked to be given another lesson in the art of Fulham. We will pay over the odds for one player and then expect miracles from the inexperienced players we have. The club are a disaster and have been since Mark Hughes saw the writing on the wall.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 10, 2015, 11:35:49 PM
Whoever is to blame for not adding to the squad in January is to blame. People keep talking about not wanting to panic buy etc. But would it have been a panic to find a few players that didn't cost the Earth but would have helped this poor squad.

Still as yet another game goes by with the same result, no shots on target in the second half. The same old blame will be put on the manager who frankly has done well with nothing at all. But teams have found out how to play us and we have no other plan because we have no other players.

So if it was Symons who told Khan we were fine then it IS his fault. But if Khan was advised and really thought we could stumble our way until the end of the season and then do what exactly in the Summer? Then Khan IS to blame. Many have seen this debacle coming. I had hoped we could build on the turn around that Symons introduced. But again we have stopped still and have nothing but this poor squad to rely on.

Come the Summer we will lose what decent players we have and those who expect a big spending spree may be shocked to be given another lesson in the art of Fulham. We will pay over the odds for one player and then expect miracles from the inexperienced players we have. The club are a disaster and have been since Mark Hughes saw the writing on the wall.

Who would we have bought? Don't see many round pegs that fit our round holes that we could have. I agree we should have but if we couldn't have then no ones to blame.

fulhamfever

The fact your giving your opinion based on Kit less than a season in charge to me is harsh. After looking at what happened to Wolves after they got relegated from the prem after the start we had Kit has done well to steady the ship. He has had to deal with steadying the ship this can take time cut him some slack. Wigan are going down and look what they achieved FA Cup against the Big bucks of Manchester City and 2 seasons later this mess. For me survival was always key this season and we should get to the summer and Kit can get his grand plan together and take it to Khan and see where we go from there. 

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamfever on February 10, 2015, 11:48:06 PM
The fact your giving your opinion based on Kit less than a season in charge to me is harsh. After looking at what happened to Wolves after they got relegated from the prem after the start we had Kit has done well to steady the ship. He has had to deal with steadying the ship this can take time cut him some slack. Wigan are going down and look what they achieved FA Cup against the Big bucks of Manchester City and 2 seasons later this mess. For me survival was always key this season and we should get to the summer and Kit can get his grand plan together and take it to Khan and see where we go from there.  

Agree about Symons but you can't abandon a club mid season and expect to wave a magic wand in the Summer. By then we may be down and if not could still lose our better players and the whole sad saga begins again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamfever

What we need to understand here is we was use to seeing names like Danny Murphy, Saha, Van Der Saar, Berbatov, Dacourt, Emmanuelson, Dembele, Gudjohnson and Duff just to name the few that were cream of the crop of European Football. I believe supporters are still coming to terms with where we are now and where we use to be for the last 13 years. I don't think it has hit home yet to some people that we are in the Championship and we don't have that kind of pulling power now since we made a drop out of the Prem.