watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any body seen Scrumpy ?

Started by Riversider, April 05, 2015, 10:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Worried about him, as one of the very last supporters to beat the drum for Kit Symons he now seems to have vanished !
Hope he's ok ,
I would now find it hard to believe , that apart from Mrs Symons, there is a single person on Planet Earth , that would honestly think that Kit Symons has what it takes to manage ANY football team, and not just Fulham FC,
I honestly feel that if Nahki Wells had put away those two penalties for Huddersfield that Symons would have been sacked before the international break,
Danny Murphy and the rest of the panel have got a lot to answer to !

If I could ask Khan one question it would be this, "Sustainability, how is that working out ? "
What would be the one question that you would ask him ?

Martinsback

Quote from: Riversider on April 05, 2015, 10:41:54 AM
Worried about him, as one of the very last supporters to beat the drum for Kit Symons he now seems to have vanished !
Hope he's ok ,
I would now find it hard to believe , that apart from Mrs Symons, there is a single person on Planet Earth , that would honestly think that Kit Symons has what it takes to manage ANY football team, and not just Fulham FC,
I honestly feel that if Nahki Wells had put away those two penalties for Huddersfield that Symons would have been sacked before the international break,
Danny Murphy and the rest of the panel have got a lot to answer to !

If I could ask Khan one question it would be this, "Sustainability, how is that working out ? "
What would be the one question that you would ask him ?

Bit unfair on Danny and the panel...Kit was a very popular choice with the fans here when he was appointed...history with the Club, "one of our own" and winning games...

Berserker

Scrumpy's still here posting. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, as Martinsback said most fans wanted Kit, he did well at first and a 5 man panel thought it was a good idea. You can't blame Khan for that, he did all the right things there. OK Kit has shown he is rather out of his depth now, but you shouldn't single Scrumpy out, he is one of many that like Kit and think he is a good guy, even if things have gone pete tong for him now.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Wearethewhites

I think a lot of people fail to realise that Kit wasn't the panels first choice, it was in fact Steve Bruce. Under the guidance and recommendation of Niall Quinn, Bruce wanted to come, and was prepared to step away from Hull, until his contract stopped him doing so. This was the whole reason there was a delay in appointing Kit, but based on this, it was then advised to keep Kit in place rather than to cause further disruption.

Did the fans really get what they want? Did Khan bow down to fan pressure? Not really, plan A fell through and we were left with no other options. Kit was here and we were winning games.

Riversider

Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 05, 2015, 11:13:30 AM
I think a lot of people fail to realise that Kit wasn't the panels first choice, it was in fact Steve Bruce. Under the guidance and recommendation of Niall Quinn, Bruce wanted to come, and was prepared to step away from Hull, until his contract stopped him doing so. This was the whole reason there was a delay in appointing Kit, but based on this, it was then advised to keep Kit in place rather than to cause further disruption.

Did the fans really get what they want? Did Khan bow down to fan pressure? Not really, plan A fell through and we were left with no other options. Kit was here and we were winning games.

Dont really agree with, "no other options" there were plenty at the time available if you remember rightly, including Pulis, Clarke, and Hughton who all would have got better use of the players available and would have at least had us organised, something that Symons has never managed to do.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Riversider on April 05, 2015, 11:22:28 AM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 05, 2015, 11:13:30 AM

Dont really agree with, "no other options" there were plenty at the time available if you remember rightly, including Pulis, Clarke, and Hughton who all would have got better use of the players available and would have at least had us organised, something that Symons has never managed to do.

You're missing the point. As much as I wasn't happy with the Kit appointment myself, he was winning games, and the youngsters seemed to be playing for him. Yes, there was maybe a Pulis type manager out there, but would the risk of yet another change bring a complete downfall? Possibly. I knew this was only down to new manager syndrome and that it wouldn't last, but its the Clubs fault for not having a plan B, yet again.

I'm not defending them, just merely pointing out the facts.   

Riversider

"risk a complete downfall" as opposed to what exactly ?

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Riversider on April 05, 2015, 12:49:25 PM
"risk a complete downfall" as opposed to what exactly ?

Put it this way, it's going to get a hell of a lot worse before things get better at FFC.

RaySmith

Quote from: Berserker on April 05, 2015, 10:59:00 AM
Scrumpy's still here posting. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, as Martinsback said most fans wanted Kit, he did well at first and a 5 man panel thought it was a good idea. You can't blame Khan for that, he did all the right things there. OK Kit has shown he is rather out of his depth now, but you shouldn't single Scrumpy out, he is one of many that like Kit and think he is a good guy, even if things have gone pete tong for him now.

0001.jpeg

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

LBNo11

...well said Mrs B. The benefit of hindsight is great, but shouldn't be used to bait people who held such views. Either way, the abuse directed at him on all Fulham related facebook pages, and on here is frankly disgraceful. Kit had already done his bit, his most prolific goalscoring period happened to coincide with our promotion to the premier league.

He has trained and nurtured many of the youngsters who have been too quickly, and en-masse introduced into first team football by the lunatic Magath. Out of his depth he may be, but he has inherited a real mess of a team run by people who haven't got a scooby about football. He may well be part of the problem, but he's definitely not the cause...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC