more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

end of season thoughts

Started by nose, May 02, 2015, 02:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

a complete and total farce
starting with the manager being a hopless german... not strengthening in january despite being desperately in need of players
a board that are clueless
an owner that doesn't know enough to show up to give some leadership

this is the first time in50+ years i have wondered why i am expending so much time and emotion when the people running the club are totally without interest in the long term well being of the club
some of the players are not interested and kit's selection today made me doubt he is the man... hugo and ruiz shouldn't even be in the squad today... it is an insult to the others.

hoogs was presumably not fit at the start

where was husband?

i have zero confidence we will be better next season.....  there is nothing to suggest we will.... i heard all the good words before....  terrible and disgraceful the sudden demise and it has nothing to do with MAF, anyone that suggests that has to explain why we can't defend this season.

Bedford White

I have only one thing to say, thank god it's all over!

nose

Quote from: Bedford White on May 02, 2015, 02:17:03 PM

you are right..

Bedford White

Things is our suffering could yet become complete, Brentford win the playoffs and QPR stay up. Now that would be unbearable....

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Bedford White on May 02, 2015, 02:20:09 PM
Things is our suffering could yet become complete, Brentford win the playoffs and QPR stay up. Now that would be unbearable....

Be better than them both doing the double over us as we get relegated with King Kit in charge.

Glad it's all over but as previously said, dint think anything will change. Everyone's chuffed with below par performances and a clueless manager .

grandad

Roll on to my 62nd season of supporting. It is still the same old Fulham. Half a dozen good seasons in all the previous 61 . What more can I expect?
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Quote from: nose on May 02, 2015, 02:15:08 PM
a complete and total farce
starting with the manager being a hopless german... not strengthening in january despite being desperately in need of players
a board that are clueless
an owner that doesn't know enough to show up to give some leadership

this is the first time in50+ years i have wondered why i am expending so much time and emotion when the people running the club are totally without interest in the long term well being of the club
some of the players are not interested and kit's selection today made me doubt he is the man... hugo and ruiz shouldn't even be in the squad today... it is an insult to the others.

hoogs was presumably not fit at the start

where was husband?

i have zero confidence we will be better next season.....  there is nothing to suggest we will.... i heard all the good words before....  terrible and disgraceful the sudden demise and it has nothing to do with MAF, anyone that suggests that has to explain why we can't defend this season.

Husband was injured.

OdecaMynoT

Compared to Blackpool our season has been successful................ but thank heavens it's over.

Like the rest of you I've tried consoling myself over most w/ends with the thought that things can only get

better for Fulham, and then they get worse. Even some of the victories have left me wondering 'How did we get away with that?!!'

The one consolation is that we have avoided relegation. I'm struggling to think of any other chink of light.

D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Fulham76

:plus one:

Very very poor season for us. Results & performances have generally been awful.

Bracken White

No doubt its been tortuous. However, although we flirted with relegation it didn't happen. There was no repeat of the encouraging Derby performance that many thought would herald an upturn in our offering.
It's clear to me that we at least need a proper Assistant Manager, there's been no expansive football and leaking 83 goals is not acceptable.
It will be very interesting to witness the promised big changes over the summer. I hope, although its a long shot, that we'd see Chris David back in a Fulham shirt next term. He certainly offers what we've been lacking in midfield. Having LVC & Hyndman fit would also be a plus - and it would be quite nice to see how Taggart performs.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Dodger53

Very poor season from too many our players not fit to be called proffesional. Wins have been lucky against teams who were having an off day. God knows how we stayed up. If there are teams worse than us it says as much about the state of football in this country as it does about Fulham.

Peabody

My dearest wish and I hope and pray, that Fulham make posters like Northern Cottager and DaveW, eat humble pie. Though, after 60 odd years of supporting this club, it is unlikely, it would be great if that were to happen

Lighthouse

As Bolton lost we stay where we are. Which considering where we were a few weeks ago is something to be pleased about. But a pre season that showed we had few players with Championship experience. The so called fitness regime proved to be pointless, literally. We were terrible and then a little better when managers were changed and then the poor squad really came into its own.

Time to look forward. Wide pacey players and full backs and central midfielder needed badly.

Frankly there is an argument for ten new players but we couldn't afford that. No big signings needed, just experience and comfortable in the league.

A rebuilding we should have started in January. Now a big Summer.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Buffalo76

Hopefully today was Symon's last game as manager. Start the search for a replacement NOW.

VicHalomsLovechild

I can accept all that's happened this season. Bad choices (with hindsight) poor luck etc but going into next season with Kit in charge ( sorry Kit, l know you're a genuine and nice fella) just seems madness to me.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 02, 2015, 02:36:09 PM
As Bolton lost we stay where we are. Which considering where we were a few weeks ago is something to be pleased about. But a pre season that showed we had few players with Championship experience. The so called fitness regime proved to be pointless, literally. We were terrible and then a little better when managers were changed and then the poor squad really came into its own.

Time to look forward. Wide pacey players and full backs and central midfielder needed badly.

Frankly there is an argument for ten new players but we couldn't afford that. No big signings needed, just experience and comfortable in the league.

A rebuilding we should have started in January. Now a big Summer.

With FFP constraints, we are going to have to be right on just about every "first team" signing we make this summer. With all that's transpired over the course of the last three seasons, it's a huge ask for me to believe that we'll have a summer that is that successful. Just don't see how I can reasonably expect the club to get that much right.

Short-sighted, IMHO, not to cast a wider net in January (to your point) and get some players in. Kit and the club had to have known in January that there was no possibility of promotion and would not have had to look for players to necessarily contribute significantly to this season but be ready/competitive for our next. Needed to begin the rebuild then.

I was reasonable coming into this season and really did not expect promotion - just because of the squad upheaval and the adjustment to a new league. Considering how truly poor we have been over the course of this season, I find it difficult to expect that we'll be 30 points better next season.

COYW! Prove me wrong.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Domino1879

Quote from: Buffalo76 on May 02, 2015, 02:40:14 PM
Hopefully today was Symon's last game as manager. Start the search for a replacement NOW.

Amen to that.
New manager and coaching team capable of organising and motivating a team.  We need at least six quality players in asap, and a good pre season.  It would help if we had some grasp of basic defending.

Why oh why did Kit waste a golden opportunity to use those players who will be with us next season?  A complete waste of time playing Ruiz and Rodders today.

Lighthouse

The argument for keeping Symons is that another change in manager would just delay the squad rebuilding. A new manager would have to access the squad. Bringing in a a new man now when we have a manager that knows what needs to be improved. Will just drag everything out.

There is no guarantee that a new manager will do any better.

Still I think we already have too many different threads on this already.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Thank god its all over, another inept performance today, need the Summer
to get over it im afraid..Time to get the shed cleaned out... 049:gif

Fulham1959

Quote from: Peabody on May 02, 2015, 02:35:27 PM
My dearest wish and I hope and pray, that Fulham make posters like Northern Cottager and DaveW, eat humble pie. Though, after 60 odd years of supporting this club, it is unlikely, it would be great if that were to happen

:plus one: