The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 02, 2015, 06:52:02 AM
Quote from: Tooting legend on August 02, 2015, 01:04:27 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 02, 2015, 12:27:57 AM
01 Aug 2015 13:49:16
Kevin McDonald will be a Fulham player when we travel to Cardiff.
Would like to see Dunk and Tarkowski also
RTFFC
That's a big quote how do you know that he will? and if so is dunk joining? Provide sources.
Would cost £10million, cant see Tarkowski coming.
Is McDonald needed now?, O'Hara seems to be lined up for that role, despite his career tailing off a bit he has ran games at a higher level than McDonald, who I rate by the way

We need more depth than just O'Hara and McDonald offers a more defensive alternative to Jamie and a better passing range than Scott. I'm not sure the youngsters are ready for this position; controlling the tempo of the game/reading play/holding possession/organising the midfield and defence.

If the role we're expecting these players to play is the link between defense and attack, I'd want more than just one option for a 40-game season. Wouldn't you?

valdeingruo

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 02, 2015, 10:22:45 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 02, 2015, 06:52:02 AM
Quote from: Tooting legend on August 02, 2015, 01:04:27 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 02, 2015, 12:27:57 AM
01 Aug 2015 13:49:16
Kevin McDonald will be a Fulham player when we travel to Cardiff.
Would like to see Dunk and Tarkowski also
RTFFC
That's a big quote how do you know that he will? and if so is dunk joining? Provide sources.
Would cost £10million, cant see Tarkowski coming.
Is McDonald needed now?, O'Hara seems to be lined up for that role, despite his career tailing off a bit he has ran games at a higher level than McDonald, who I rate by the way

We need more depth than just O'Hara and McDonald offers a more defensive alternative to Jamie and a better passing range than Scott. I'm not sure the youngsters are ready for this position; controlling the tempo of the game/reading play/holding possession/organising the midfield and defence.

If the role we're expecting these players to play is the link between defense and attack, I'd want more than just one option for a 40-game season. Wouldn't you?

I agree, this would allow our younger players to mature in the game and if need be taken out of the firing line for a little bit.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

fulhamben

Quote from: Swiss72 on August 02, 2015, 10:17:49 AM
Mousa doesn't want to sign a new contract. All over the French press this morning. Claiming is in touch with Lille. Doesn't bode well I am afraid.
if true, then it would seem that kit isnt the man to bring through our youth at all, quite the opposite infact. worrying times ahead
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Craven Mad

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2015, 11:11:36 AM
Mousa doesn't want to sign a new contract. All over the French press this morning. Claiming is in touch with Lille. Doesn't bode well I am afraid.
if true, then it would seem that kit isnt the man to bring through our youth at all, quite the opposite infact. worrying times ahead

Right now, I'd rather Kit was the sort of man to get us promoted than the sort of man to bring youth through our side.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

TWFL

Mince n Tatties

According to the rumour pages,Matt Smith
not in Kits plans and Bristol bound.
Make of it as you will..

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 02, 2015, 11:38:09 AM
Make of it as you will..

Hopefully.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

BestOfBrede

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2015, 11:11:36 AM
Agree, at this rate all our promising youngsters, that were so good together, will be gone. Back to the drawing board Fulham!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 02, 2015, 11:26:53 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/crystal-palace-striker-dwight-gayle-6179141

Looks like Dwight Gayle is on his way

That would be a very good signing and one that would probably make us play off contenders at least...with a cb actually.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on August 02, 2015, 11:40:06 AM
Make of it as you will..

Hopefully.

Why?
I like Matt.

fulhamben

Quote from: TWFL on August 02, 2015, 11:36:24 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/crystal-palace-striker-dwight-gayle-6179141

Great signing imo. A good Premier League player on his day, better than Glen Murray in any case..
its another poxy loan. would much rather keep mitro who is far superior.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 02, 2015, 11:42:18 AM
Quote from: shnlwswlkr on August 02, 2015, 11:40:06 AM
Make of it as you will..

Hopefully.

Why?
I like Matt.

Just don't see him as a good enough player, think he suits teams more to the level of Bristol, not a team pushing for promotion and getting back to the premier league.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 02, 2015, 11:42:00 AM

That would be a very good signing and one that would probably make us play off contenders at least...with a cb actually.

Looks great sometimes,and on other occasions
looks non league.
Does he offer more than Dembele?

jayffc

Not gonna get too excited about this until I see some other credible sources... Although you have to wonder how it will impact our youth. With the Dembele rumours it's slightly worrying, although in an ideal world we would offload Taggart rather than him. With all the talk in recent interviews with Rigg and Kit, the optimist in me hopes that bringing Gayle in would allow us to send dembele or Woodrow out to League 1 or abroad this season to get some solid game time. This seems to be the managements preferance for alot of these kids (although it appears, from what's been said, that some of the youngsters would rather skip this stage of their development and may feel they deserve regular first team action at this or even a higher level now).
Tough one for the club but I suppose bringing in Gayle may well be dependent on Kostas leaving too...if he does which appears likely I suppose it would be a straight battle between McCormack/Gayle/Smith/Woodrow/Dembele -with Taggart seeing little to no game. So if he doesn't want to be loaned out and won't sign a new contract I can't see Mousa wanting to stay with that much competition for places ahead of him.

Lighthouse

In a perfect world we could keep The Greek and Dembele. But Dembele wasn't close to being good enough for a first team place last season and The Greek can sod off in a second. So makes sense to bring in a speedy forward who can play up the middle and wide. Even on loan.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PeterFFC

Sky have posted it on their transfer centre now

Jonaldiniho 88

Don't see why we would get rid of smith. He offers what no one but possibly Mitro (who is most likely going to leave) offers. He is big, tall, and strong. We don't have much height in our team and with pringle and the new Everton LB both with excellent crossing/deadball deliveries he could be very important.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: PeterFFC on August 02, 2015, 11:54:46 AM
Sky have posted it on their transfer centre now

Just clarified the Mirror Story.
Boro 14Million for Rhodes,good player but
overpriced if you ask me.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 02, 2015, 12:01:02 PM
Don't see why we would get rid of smith. He offers what no one but possibly Mitro (who is most likely going to leave) offers. He is big, tall, and strong. We don't have much height in our team and with pringle and the new Everton LB both with excellent crossing/deadball deliveries he could be very important.

Yes also proved he's pretty neat on the floor. We get rid of a target man and start playing with width...would make no sense.