watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Boro are really going for it. They've seen the huge increase in premiership money in 16/17 and decided to take a gamble and try and get there.

I actually thought more teams would go that way. It's so important to go up this season as I keep saying

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Ordar on August 04, 2015, 10:36:21 PM
Boro are really going for it. They've seen the huge increase in premiership money in 16/17 and decided to take a gamble and try and get there.

I actually thought more teams would go that way. It's so important to go up this season as I keep saying

They must be favorites along with Derby to be in the top 2, however, I have a sneaking suspicion they will miss out again and regret the spending
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Lighthouse

Blackburn have turned down the latest bid from Boro for Rhodes. So Gayle may well be on his way there.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 05, 2015, 11:04:49 AM
Blackburn have turned down the latest bid from Boro for Rhodes. So Gayle may well be on his way there.

I was at Rovers on Monday, they said the Boro offer for Rhodes wasn't even close to £12m.

Craven Mad

Danny Guthrie to Blackburn - could be a good signing for them I reckon. Big step-down from Cairney, but did alright while on loan for us last year.

Lighthouse

Sako completes deal to Palace.

Heskey has gone to Bolton.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 05, 2015, 01:03:40 PM
Danny Guthrie to Blackburn - could be a good signing for them I reckon. Big step-down from Cairney, but did alright while on loan for us last year.
Agree he did ok for us, think we have upgraded with Cairney and OHara though.
Every day is a Fulham day

Craven Mad

Quote from: westcliff white on August 05, 2015, 01:32:02 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on August 05, 2015, 01:03:40 PM
Agree he did ok for us, think we have upgraded with Cairney and OHara though.

Oh yeah, no doubt we've upgraded.

McBride78

I like the new signing of a CDM.  Long contract, like cairney.  Given that some of our young players have yet to sign a long term deal this gives us long term cover at two positions.   

Craven Mad

Hear Kevin Prince Boateng has failed his medical at Sporting, expecting a new bid for Kostas...

BedsFFC

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 05, 2015, 02:43:04 PM
Hear Kevin Prince Boateng has failed his medical at Sporting, expecting a new bid for Kostas...
Not really a striker is he

Craven Mad

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 05, 2015, 03:00:07 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on August 05, 2015, 02:43:04 PM
Not really a striker is he

A powerful CAM/SS/CF. He might get listed as a CM/CAM by some, but he tends to play in the final third and rarely drops into his own half.

Regardless, the point being that wages/fees are freed-up. Negotiations with us were supposedly just £500k apart, so - with Benfica rumoured to be interested now - Sporting might use some of the wages they're saving on Prince to push the Mitrog deal through.

Greek

Benfica have plenty to spend, just got 7 million for Lima.

Friendsoffulham

Crystal Palace put huge price tags on Yannick Bolasie and Dwight Gayle amid Spurs and Norwich interest

Crystal Palace are scaring off suitors interested in Yannick Bolasie and Dwight Gayle by putting huge prices on their head.

Several Premier League rivals including Spurs have enquired at Selhurst Park about Bolasie.

But Palace chairman Steve Parish wants well over £20million for the talented Congo international winger.

And MirrorSport understands Parish has even slapped a £10m price tag on striker Gayle's head.

Gayle is willing to move as he is not guaranteed regular first football at Palace.

But Parish feels Palace are entitled to a profit on the £6m they paid Peterborough for the forward in July 2013.

Parish believes Gayle, 24, has since proved himself in the Premier League and has quoted interested parties like Norwich double figures for him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-put-huge-price-6197850

ToodlesMcToot

With Kostas, I really don't get why we're even considering selling him. He wants to play in a bigger league, then he should show his desire on the field for us for a season in the attempt to get promoted. We say that we want promotion, then why not issue a "hands off our player" and play, arguably the striker with the best CV in the league.

I keep hearing that this is the last season before the competitive nature of this league begins being destroyed by huge parachute payments for relegated PL teams.

There needs to be a reasonable bit of "go for it" in our approach to this season, I believe. I'm not saying that we are sitting on our hands, far from it. But, if we believe in Kostas' abilities, then we should act on that.

I understand that adding Gayle and his speed would give another wrinkle to our attack but, if rumors are to be believed, we only want a loan where others are willing to buy. If it's not clear that we'll sign the talented speed player, then why give up the proven CL striker?

My .02
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

f321ffc

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 05, 2015, 04:45:36 PM
With Kostas, I really don't get why we're even considering selling him. He wants to play in a bigger league, then he should show his desire on the field for us for a season in the attempt to get promoted. We say that we want promotion, then why not issue a "hands off our player" and play, arguably the striker with the best CV in the league.

I keep hearing that this is the last season before the competitive nature of this league begins being destroyed by huge parachute payments for relegated PL teams.

There needs to be a reasonable bit of "go for it" in our approach to this season, I believe. I'm not saying that we are sitting on our hands, far from it. But, if we believe in Kostas' abilities, then we should act on that.

I understand that adding Gayle and his speed would give another wrinkle to our attack but, if rumors are to be believed, we only want a loan where others are willing to buy. If it's not clear that we'll sign the talented speed player, then why give up the proven CL striker?

:plus one:
Keep Kostus a lot
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

BedsFFC

My .02

I agree.

I feel many foreign players dismiss 2nd tier football. However, the claim that premiership is the best league in the world is clearly rubbish but I'd argue that the championship must be the best 2nd tier in the world.

At the top end, its a bloody fun league. I think if Kostas gave it a go, he'd love it. Clearly, promotion would be the key factor.

I bet if you asked Louis Saha what was one of his seasons which he enjoyed most, that season must run high. It was for me.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 05, 2015, 05:06:26 PM

My .02

I agree.

I feel many foreign players dismiss 2nd tier football. However, the claim that premiership is the best league in the world is clearly rubbish but I'd argue that the championship must be the best 2nd tier in the world.

At the top end, its a bloody fun league. I think if Kostas gave it a go, he'd love it. Clearly, promotion would be the key factor.

I bet if you asked Louis Saha what was one of his seasons which he enjoyed most, that season must run high. It was for me.

Saha was 22? when he came to Fulham, bit of an unknown entity, didn't do well on loan at Newcastle, was playing for Metz. Yes he smashed the league a possibly enjoyed it, but Kostas is a completely different entity. He came to Fulham boasting Champions League experience, wanting Premiership football, plus he's 27 without time on his side.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 05, 2015, 05:14:14 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on August 05, 2015, 05:06:26 PM

My .02

I agree.

Saha was 22? when he came to Fulham, bit of an unknown entity, didn't do well on loan at Newcastle, was playing for Metz. Yes he smashed the league a possibly enjoyed it, but Kostas is a completely different entity. He came to Fulham boasting Champions League experience, wanting Premiership football, plus he's 27 without time on his side.

I get that. So, go to Sporting Lisbon and do what? Probably finish 3rd or 4th in the league, knocked out early in Europe.

I think what I am saying is if he played a few games, felt loved by us and we play well, I just think it might seem a better alternative.

Greek