watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelmo

Not willing to spend. This is the type of signing we would have made last summer. Thought we had moved on from this. Where has the Roberts money gone?

Deeping_white

Why are people having such a negative reaction to someone they've never seen play? Also why are they linking this signing to an apparent lack of intention to sign players like dunk? Talk about a knee jerk reaction...

Fernhurst

Have we signed him to cover Tunicliffe as he is banned for first two games?????

Possibly only cost a mars bar.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MJG

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 04, 2015, 05:55:09 PM
Why are people having such a negative reaction to someone they've never seen play? Also why are they linking this signing to an apparent lack of intention to sign players like dunk? Talk about a knee jerk reaction...
100% agree, its a small gamble which won't cost us a lot.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Walsh

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 04, 2015, 05:55:09 PM

Completely agree. I wont be judging any player I haven't properly seen play until I actually see them play
He could be absolutely trash for all I know, but I'd prefer to go in open minded and think that he could do a lot for us next season and Kit must also think that.

I feel our focuses right now for the season ahead should be:

Get Mitroglou happy.
Scotty P Fit.
Dunk signed.
Morale high.

I feel we'll be going into next season pretty strong if we can sort our defense out.

Fernhurst

Blimey ...... 100 pages, mostly fuelled by Gossip....

What are we like??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Chutney

Matilla has been signed as a squad player, we will probably see him in the early rounds of the cup and to cover injuries, whats everyones problem with it?
C O Y W

westcliff white

my point was I was underwhelmed due to the fact I was hoping Dunk or Gayle to be announced
Every day is a Fulham day

Craven Mad

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 04, 2015, 04:40:05 PM
More gossip re Gayle -

Bournemouth, QPR and Middlesbrough have joined Fulham in the race to sign Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle.
According to a report by the Daily Mail, the Eagles are looking to sell their reserve striker for a fee in the region of £10m, and all four mentioned clubs are looking to bring in the Englishman.
Palace's former record-signing has been the club's top scorer in each of the two seasons he's spent at Selhurst Park, but has never been able to nail down a place in the starting XI, with only 19 Premier League starts to his name.
Now, with the arrival of Connor Wickham from Sunderland, it's now looking increasingly likely that Gayle will be leaving.
Fulham are hoping to negotiate a loan deal for the striker, but Palace would rather a permanent sale, and have already turned down an offer from Bournemouth who remain keen.
Rangers want Gayle to replace Charlie Austin should he leave the club, but Middlesbrough lead the race as they are able to offer Gayle the strongest wage packet as part of their promotion project.

With Bournemouth signing Gradel and Tomlin today, I doubt they'll go for him (or that Palace would even loan a striker to a competitor). Boro definitely need a new striker and QPR do too... Not convinced we'll get this one. I imagine it's either Mitro or Gayle, not both, and we're waiting on Sporting to decide...

ToodlesMcToot

I also think that negative judgement about the signing should be tempered by the knowledge that we have different aims as a club as well as (and most importantly IMO) different evaluators of talent.

I don't recall seeing any negative reception to Rigg's signing or his CV which is notable for his abilities in talent evaluation (his own and his scouting network). Let's allow him the benefit of the doubt with this player. He may well be this season's Chris Baird (utility player extraordinaire) or he could be a very good player who's been overlooked for any number of reasons. Of course, he may never be up to the challenge. No one knows.

Give it time.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 04, 2015, 06:03:32 PM
Blimey ...... 100 pages, mostly fuelled by Gossip....

What are we like??

downtrodden and starved for good news and positivity.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

YankeeJim

More gossip re Gayle -

Bournemouth, QPR and Middlesbrough have joined Fulham in the race to sign Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle.
According to a report by the Daily Mail, the Eagles are looking to sell their reserve striker for a fee in the region of £10m, and all four mentioned clubs are looking to bring in the Englishman.
Palace's former record-signing has been the club's top scorer in each of the two seasons he's spent at Selhurst Park, but has never been able to nail down a place in the starting XI, with only 19 Premier League starts to his name.
Now, with the arrival of Connor Wickham from Sunderland, it's now looking increasingly likely that Gayle will be leaving.
Fulham are hoping to negotiate a loan deal for the striker, but Palace would rather a permanent sale, and have already turned down an offer from Bournemouth who remain keen.
Rangers want Gayle to replace Charlie Austin should he leave the club, but Middlesbrough lead the race as they are able to offer Gayle the strongest wage packet as part of their promotion project.

that should help the half time shows.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

TrexFFC

You give up because of one potentially sketchy signing? All of the other signings have been good.  There's still plenty of time in the window as well. This isn't even close to last year's terrible signings besides McCormack.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: grandad on August 04, 2015, 05:13:00 PM
Boro are going Sh1t or bust for promotion. I wouldn´t like to be in their position if they miss out. Very foolish way to go about it. I seem to remember another club near us try to buy their way with a huge wage bill.

And they've got away with it haven't they? May as well go for it !

Lighthouse

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 04, 2015, 06:17:11 PM
More gossip re Gayle -

It has been a too long time with no peace of mind and I'm waiting for the times to get better.......on the other hand..... don't it make my brown eyes blue.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Finally a dm. It's been years since we had a proper one. Who makes way though?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 04, 2015, 07:47:27 PM
More gossip re Gayle -

Palace’s former record-signing has been the club’s top scorer in each of the two seasons he’s spent at Selhurst Park, but has never been able to nail down a place in the starting XI, with only 19 Premier League starts to his name.
Now, with the arrival of Connor Wickham from Sunderland, it’s now looking increasingly likely that Gayle will be leaving.

It has been a too long time with no peace of mind and I'm waiting for the times to get better.......on the other hand..... don't it make my brown eyes blue.

Oh go on Lighthouse....
"Your just talking in your sleep"

YankeeJim

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 04, 2015, 07:47:27 PM
More gossip re Gayle -

One can always count on the tall flashlight!   082.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

@jolslover

Dont mind if we miss out on Gayle, Would actually like to miss out on Gayle if it means we keep the Trog, Hope we get Dunk tho. In need of a CB desperately
STH H3

DevonFFC

Boro seem to be in running for gayle now.
They are noe bookies favourite

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk