Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 31, 2015, 10:15:07 PM
Reply To Above Rumour

29 May 2015 21:42:56
Fulham are set to bid 3.6m for Tom Cairney of Blackburn Rovers & have also bid 2.8m for Brightons Lewis Dunk.

The whites will complete a deal early next week for Jazz Richards from Swansea.

Dwight Gayle is also a target for the whites
BillyBob86

30 May 2015 09:44:32
It's very rare that your rumours are correct but I would love to see Lewis Dunk sign. At first I though Cairney wouldn't be good but at 24 I hope he signs for Fulham. Fulham need to get these deals done quickly though. There's better right backs than Jazz Richards.
Gayle will go to Wolves or Bournemouth.
RTFFC

30 May 2015 11:07:25
If true and your January rumours were poor bb so I'm a little doubtful but the first 2 are brilliant. Didn't rate Richards to be honesy. Felt he was clueless positionally. I imagine gayle would be a loan
adamjonesio

30 May 2015 18:44:59
Hi Adam

My source has changed at FFC, the new one joined in March and is very high up.

We are after some class players.
BillyBob86

31 May 2015 08:29:34
He's a family friend
BillyBob86

31 May 2015 11:58:36
Billy Bob I hope you're correct just not too optimistic. I'm good friends with dunks brother and he has confirmed fulhams interest
RTFFC

31 May 2015 21:27:51
I'm genuine mate, Dunk is wanted bad at Fulham , hope he joins, tell his bro we will have a whip around in the rocket for him lol.

Cairney to Fulham all but done just a medical to come.

I hate to be such a cynic, but - at least at the prices quoted - there ain't no way Cairney and Dunk are joining us..

I'd have those players with us in a shot (they were on my list last year) but Rigg will have to be the best negotiator in the world to get league rivals to sell prized assets for less than £5m a piece..

MJG

Blackburn are in trouble finances wise,  so will sell if the offers come in.
They seem to do whatever they can to keep Rhodes and just keep his wages high while selling others.
3-5 for decent championship players is about right I'd say.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: MJG on May 31, 2015, 10:31:12 PM
Blackburn are in trouble finances wise,  so will sell if the offers come in.
They seem to do whatever they can to keep Rhodes and just keep his wages high while selling others.
3-5 for decent championship players is about right I'd say.

Dunk, Cairney, Gayle and Richards would be 4 incredible signings. Very, very promising.

On the Fulham side of things....we may end up with none.

Classic94

Richards would be an underwhelming signing - he's no upgrade on Grimmer. Dunk, Cairney and Gayle however would be very useful.

MJG

I can't really begin to describe how bloody unhappy I would be with Jazz(I'm only here because I'm welsh)  Richards joining us.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on June 01, 2015, 06:35:54 AM
I can't really begin to describe how bloody unhappy I would be with Jazz(I'm only here because I'm welsh)  Richards joining us.

I really don't understand why Richards deserves this sort of reaction. I cannot see that it is much of an issue to get over-excited about either way, whether he comes or not.

The prospect seems as nothing compared to at least half of Magath's signings or suggestions on here that we should sign Barton and Wright-Phillips.

Northern Cottager

I can't really begin to describe how bloody unhappy I would be with Jazz(I'm only here because I'm welsh)  Richards joining us.

Judge him when he's played with some protection infront of him. Refuse to write him off when we've played such an awful system that doesn't benefit full backs...or anyone else for that matter.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 01, 2015, 09:23:14 AM
I can't really begin to describe how bloody unhappy I would be with Jazz(I'm only here because I'm welsh)  Richards joining us.

Judge him when he's played with some protection infront of him. Refuse to write him off when we've played such an awful system that doesn't benefit full backs...or anyone else for that matter.

Completely agree

Friendsoffulham

Fulham bid for Wolves defender Richard Stearman

HITC Sport understands that Fulham have made a bid for Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Richard Stearman.

View image | gettyimages.com

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club that Fulham have launched a raid on Championship rivals Wolverhampton Wanderers for defender Richard Stearman.

Fulham boss Kit Symons is planning a major rebuilding job at Craven Cottage this summer after a disappointing season this term when they narrowly avoided relegation from the Championship.

Symons has made a new central defender one of his priorities and he sees Stearman's experience and versatility as a key addition to his squad.

Stearman has established himself as a key figure at Wolves after his future hung in the balance in January 2013 when he was sent out on loan to Ipswich Town.

SEE ALSO: Fulham eye move for ex-Leeds star

The 27-year-old battled his way back into the first-team under Kenny Jackett and helped the club win promotion back to the Championship last season before another stellar campaign this term as Wolves missed out on a place in the play-offs on goal difference.

Stearman is entering the final year of his contract at Molineux and Wolves would be reluctant to lose the former Leicester City man to a rival like Fulham as they plan to make another bid for promotion next season.

Should Wolves keep Richard Stearman?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/01/fulham-bid-for-wolves-defender-richard-stearman/

Asotosyios

Please no Stearman; we can do better than that.

Craven Mad

Wolves fans seem to think that losing Stearman to us would be a loss.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=93369

Nearing the end of his contract, so would be available cheap... I think we could do far worse.

FFC1987

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 01, 2015, 11:24:17 AM
Wolves fans seem to think that losing Stearman to us would be a loss.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=93369

Nearing the end of his contract, so would be available cheap... I think we could do far worse.

Should be said after reading it that the opinions vary on it being a loss.

Chutney

Stearman is good for this level, can play CB and RB, hardly a world beater by any stretch of the imagination but would be excellent cover.
C O Y W

ToodlesMcToot

Wish that we were being linked more often to Husband.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

callumc513

MJG

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 01, 2015, 09:23:14 AM

Nope sorry, seen enough footballers in my time to know hes not for me.

FPT

Richard Stearman has been excellent for Wolves all season, thought he was impressive each time we played them this season and has always looked strong whenever I've seen them play. Very much the leader of the back four, and has struck a good partnership with Danny Batth who has a similar physique to Dan Burn.

He has promotion experience and two and half years experience at Premier League level. At 27, he's looking towards his peak playing years also. Would be a really smart move for us.

St. Andrews White

Would definitely take Stearman, him or Dunk to back up Burn.

Mulumbu's also been released from West Brom. Would take in a heart beat.
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

St. Andrews White

BERBATOV TO LEAVE MONACO

AS Monaco have confirmed that Dimitar Berbatov will leave when his contract expires at the end of the month.

The 34-year-old joined Monaco in 2014 and has been linked with a surprise move to Premier League new boys Bournemouth.

The French club have also confirmed they will not be taking up the option to sign the Fulham goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, who has spent the last season at Monaco on loan.

Stekelenburg returns to Fulham with two years left on a four-year deal, having signed from Roma in summer 2013.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

cmg

STEKELENBURG ULTIMATUM TO FULHAM

"If you jokers insist on me coming back I'm bringing Dimitar with me."

http//www. ivjustmaditup.com