watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

If Berbatov goes to Bournemouth they will regret it for ever more. Doubt he would want to play in front of 12K every other game any way.
Stekelberg can come back but only as a No. 2 in place of PJ´s.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FPT

Quote from: grandad on June 01, 2015, 05:11:05 PM
If Berbatov goes to Bournemouth they will regret it for ever more. Doubt he would want to play in front of 12K every other game any way.
Stekelberg can come back but only as a No. 2 in place of PJ´s.

Monaco's average attendance this past season is under 8000....

And Stekelenburg's wages are way too high for a number two, at least Gabor Kiraly would be fit for coming on also.

PaulJ123

I'll get berated for this but would prefer to see Stek starting in goal next season than Bettinelli.

Loan Betts out to a league 1 team for a season to improve his positioning (particularly for long range shots) as no matter how good he was, he did let a few in that should be saved. Stek was regarded as one of the best keepers in the world about 4 years ago just need to get him fit and healthy (which he admittedly hasnt been for a while). Wages would be the only issue which is why I do think we'll sell him.

MJG

Quote from: PaulJ123 on June 01, 2015, 05:25:33 PM
I'll get berated for this but would prefer to see Stek starting in goal next season than Bettinelli.

Loan Betts out to a league 1 team for a season to improve his positioning (particularly for long range shots) as no matter how good he was, he did let a few in that should be saved. Stek was regarded as one of the best keepers in the world about 4 years ago just need to get him fit and healthy (which he admittedly hasnt been for a while). Wages would be the only issue which is why I do think we'll sell him.
One problem with that scenario,  who goes in goal on the hour in the first game when his glass shoulder cracks ?

PaulJ123

Quote from: MJG on June 01, 2015, 05:27:41 PM

One problem with that scenario,  who goes in goal on the hour in the first game when his glass shoulder cracks ?

Haha I just don't rate Bettinelli as high as most people here do. Think he gets better reviews as he's young and English.

+ think Stearman would be a very good signing as well for not much money.

ToodlesMcToot

If the goal is to be promoted, then we should begin acting as if we will be. Nobody (not players, not management, not supporters) will buy in if we take a wait and see approach with necessary projects like the new stand.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: PaulJ123 on June 01, 2015, 05:30:58 PM

One problem with that scenario,  who goes in goal on the hour in the first game when his glass shoulder cracks ?

Haha I just don't rate Bettinelli as high as most people here do. Think he gets better reviews as he's young and English.

Gareth Southgate doesn't rate him very highly either, that's why he's in the England U21's squad!

PaulJ123

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 01, 2015, 06:09:22 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on June 01, 2015, 05:30:58 PM

One problem with that scenario,  who goes in goal on the hour in the first game when his glass shoulder cracks ?

Gareth Southgate doesn't rate him very highly either, that's why he's in the England U21's squad!

I'm not trying to start an argument, just my opinion on him.

Wearethewhites

I'm not a fan of Marcus (yet) either. Think he's been brought into the side a bit to early (not his fault) and lacks the experience we need in that position. Yes, there's the argument that he can only get better, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but you need a keeper who takes the pressure off your back 4, and Marcus isn't at that level yet. Anything outside the six yard box and he won't claim it. Great prospect, just 1-2 seasons to early, but will play him next season, bet your bottom dollar.

Fernhurst

I too am a great fan of Marcus and very proud he has been selected for our country.

To attempt an ascent of the North face of a top 6 position we do however require a big old gnarled keeper with a commanding presence and a booming voice.

This time around we need many more matches men v men.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

valdeingruo

:hook:Berbatov has been released by Monaco. 086.gif
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

love4ffc

Quote from: andersons11 on June 02, 2015, 01:19:03 AM
:hook:Berbatov has been released by Monaco. 086.gif

I put Berbatov in the same class as Dragba.  Both will do great if you don't need them to do any actual work, can hang around the box most of the time and have the ball put only at their feet.  Then skies the limit  :doh:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 01, 2015, 08:24:19 PM
I too am a great fan of Marcus and very proud he has been selected for our country.

To attempt an ascent of the North face of a top 6 position we do however require a big old gnarled keeper with a commanding presence and a booming voice.

This time around we need many more matches men v men.

I am also a great fan of Marcus, and I am also proud that he has been selected to play for and represent my country England.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Friendsoffulham

02 Jun 2015 05:59:14
Philip Senderos on his way back to Fulham
from Villa

Asotosyios

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 02, 2015, 11:13:48 AM
from Villa

I read this today: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-full-back-set-top-9369499 and wondered whether we are interested in Lowton to be our RB.

"...Lowton may be on the move with a number of Championship clubs showing an interest..."

Not sure how I feel about the chance of Senderos coming back.

Asotosyios

Southampton closing in on signing of former Roma goalkeeper

Southampton are reportedly closing in on the signing of former Roma and Fulham goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg.

The 32-year-old is available on a free transfer following his release from Monaco this week, which has alerted Saints boss Ronald Koeman, who knows the stopper from his spell at Ajax.

Number one keeper Fraser Forster isn't expected back until October at the earliest because of injury, and with Kelvin Davis considered too old and Paulo Gazzaniga too inexperienced, the Dutchman wants a new man between the posts.

Stekelenburg has 54 caps for the Netherlands, and could be one of two new goalkeeper arrivals at St Mary's this summer.

http://www.shoot.co.uk/category/news/southampton-closing-in-on-signing-of-former-roma-goalkeeper/

Not sure how accurate/trustworthy that is saying he is available on a free transfer.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 02, 2015, 11:57:43 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 02, 2015, 11:13:48 AM
from Villa

I read this today: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-full-back-set-top-9369499 and wondered whether we are interested in Lowton to be our RB.

"...Lowton may be on the move with a number of Championship clubs showing an interest..."

Not sure how I feel about the chance of Senderos coming back.

horrendous. Our defense is calamitous and comical at times, bringing back Senderos would make things worse.

Asotosyios

Genoa pursuing Fulham youngster

Genoa have taken an interest to Fulham's teenage striker Moussa Dembele, as they aim to improve their squad for next season.

The 18-year-old French youth international has shown his talent in the sporadic appearances he has made for the Cottagers since joining from the Paris Saint-Germain youth system in 2012.

Sky Sport Italia report that Genoa are keen on snaring Dembele to the Marassi in the summer, and will attempt to make contact with Fulham in the coming weeks.

The Grifone have also set their sights on improving their rearguard, and will try again for AC Milan's Cristian Zapata after an unsuccessful attempt in January.

Dembele didn't manage to score in 11 Championship games this season, but hit a brace in his only League Cup match.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/06/genoa-pursuing-fulham-youngster/

St. Andrews White

With regards that Stekelenburg article, yes he's been linked with them but look at the wording :

'former...Fulham keeper'
'The 32-year-old is available on a free transfer following his release from Monaco this week'

Really!?

What dreadful reporting - he's not available on a free, and he most certainly was not 'released' by Monaco as he wasn't their player.

Dear oh dear...
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

westcliff white

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 03, 2015, 11:29:26 AM
Southampton closing in on signing of former Roma goalkeeper

Southampton are reportedly closing in on the signing of former Roma and Fulham goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg.

The 32-year-old is available on a free transfer following his release from Monaco this week, which has alerted Saints boss Ronald Koeman, who knows the stopper from his spell at Ajax.

Number one keeper Fraser Forster isn't expected back until October at the earliest because of injury, and with Kelvin Davis considered too old and Paulo Gazzaniga too inexperienced, the Dutchman wants a new man between the posts.

Stekelenburg has 54 caps for the Netherlands, and could be one of two new goalkeeper arrivals at St Mary's this summer.

http://www.shoot.co.uk/category/news/southampton-closing-in-on-signing-of-former-roma-goalkeeper/

Not sure how accurate/trustworthy that is saying he is available on a free transfer.
Right now he has 2 years left on his deal so he is not a former Fulham keeper
Every day is a Fulham day