more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: @jolslover on June 08, 2015, 02:34:42 PM
Disagree, Look at clubs who have signed strikers from the Italian second division. Antenucci got 10 goals for Leeds this season, I believe it is a good thing we are looking at foreign talent as it tends to be much cheaper than the English equivalent

Leeds got Becchio from the Spanish second division, Brighton got Ulloa from the Spanish second division. We should be looking at leagues like this and scouting far and wide for potential bargains

True enough.........However....
This guy seems to have had an impressive enough season - but this is in Serie C, the third level (14 goals @ a goal per 210 minutes)
He was in Serie B for the previous three seasons. His numbers:
6 goals @ 400min/goal
6 goals @ 477min/goal
8 goals @ 351min/goal

Presumably there is more to his game than just goals. His assist numbers are pretty good.

What all this means I have no idea. But some point of reference might be made from Trotta's Serie B numbers this season which were 5 goals (+2 in the play offs) @ 234min/goal. He is four years younger.

Friendsoffulham

Brighton reject Fulham bid for Lewis Dunk

HITC Sport understands Brighton and Hove Albion have rejected Fulham's bid for defender Lewis Dunk.

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club that Fulham have seen a bid for Brighton defender Lewis Dunk turned down.

As revealed by HITC Sport last week, Fulham had launched a bid for Dunk as they look to bolster their central defensive options for next season.

Dunk is regarded as one of the best young defenders in the Championship after catching the eye for Brighton last season with a number of stellar performances.

A host of Premier League and Championship clubs are thought to be interested in Dunk, but Fulham are the first to firm up their interest with a bid.

Fulham are understood to have bid £2.5 million for Dunk, but Brighton have rejected the offer as they are hoping to keep their prize asset.

SEE ALSO: Fulham rival Derby with defender bid

Brighton boss Chris Hughton is reluctant to lose Dunk as he aims to try and build his side around the defender who only signed a new four-year deal last summer.

It remains to be seen if Fulham come back with a new improved bid for Dunk to try and lure the 23-year-old to Craven Cottage.

Where will Lewis Dunk be playing next season?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/08/brighton-reject-fulham-bid-for-lewis-dunk/?

FPT

If they'll reject £2.5m, I don't think there's *much* more we can do. Probably £3.5m max for me. If I'm honest with you, I'd be half tempted to offer them Ryan Tunnicliffe in a part exchange, but that's just me.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: FPT on June 08, 2015, 04:13:24 PM
If they'll reject £2.5m, I don't think there's *much* more we can do. Probably £3.5m max for me. If I'm honest with you, I'd be half tempted to offer them Ryan Tunnicliffe in a part exchange, but that's just me.

We were never going to get one of their prize assets for 2.5 million, regardless of how hard up they are. Said a while ago, although we're looking to be sensible, there's also looking stupid. The 1 point something million we bid for Stearman of Wolves was embarrassing and quite rightly laughed off. 

Mince n Tatties

Had to laugh on the Transfer Rumours Site, some fella put up
Carlton Cole to Fulham in exchange for Ross...Hillarious
Its been taken down, some must dream them up at night.

Classic94

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 08, 2015, 04:16:36 PM
Quote from: FPT on June 08, 2015, 04:13:24 PM

We were never going to get one of their prize assets for 2.5 million, regardless of how hard up they are. Said a while ago, although we're looking to be sensible, there's also looking stupid. The 1 point something million we bid for Stearman of Wolves was embarrassing and quite rightly laughed off.  

I actually agree with this. Dunk is one of the best young prospects in the division and a vital player for Brighton; he also has a contract running until 2018. He's worth 5-6m easy - 2.5m is, quite frankly, a derisory offer and would be akin to us selling LVC for a similar price. As you say, the Stearman bid was equally stupid. He's a key asset in the prime of his career and will cost at least double our 'supposed' offer.

Of course we want to be sensible in the transfer market but we must stop penny-pinching and get real. It reminds me of the time we refused to pay 3m for Bakary Sako a few seasons back...

westcliff white

The 3 million was the upfront fee which we agreed as i understood it, they wanted the same again in add ons. Dunk we may be undervaluing, but Stearman only has a year on his contract so not sure he is worth much  more than we have offered
Every day is a Fulham day

Denver Fulham

Transfer stuff is always fun. 1.5m for another club's young, prized asset is "fair," but many on here wouldn't take 10m for Pat Roberts.

ToodlesMcToot

Also funny ( not so much really ) how much of this uncorroburated "reporting" gets used to bash the club. Just because a monetary figure is thrown in doesn't make it any more reliable.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

FPT

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's perhaps derisory, but you don't go in and meet their evaluation, you've got to test the waters and see what's going on. From a Fulham perspective, we have maybe £10m unanswered to play with in this transfer window and manage through Financial Fair Play, and with no guarantee that we'll rid ourselves of Stekelenburg, Ruiz and Mitroglou, you don't want to spend £4m on a centre back when we already have four, it would be illogical spending. Make room and create a negotiation cushion. As it stands, I'd go £3.5m for Lewis Dunk baring in mind they sold Liam Bridcutt for £3.5m and Will Buckley for £2.5m and that we've not really got much to play with as it stands. I'd be more than happy with Lewis Dunk as a Fulham player, but I want him here on our terms and not theirs.

Charlie Austin was brought by QPR for a rumoured £4m-£5m and he'd bagged a goal every other game for Burnley. Lewis Grabban was signed by Norwich after a 22 goal season for £3m. Our Ross McCormack deal is an initial £5m. Cardiff signed Adam Le Fondre for £2.5m and Sean Morrison for £4m from Reading. The top Championship players generally don't, and shouldn't cost more than £5m.

St. Andrews White

Here here, well said.

Unless Ross might go for little more than that...
(I am joking before you ask)
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

gerrys

Quote from: @jolslover on June 08, 2015, 02:34:42 PM
Disagree, Look at clubs who have signed strikers from the Italian second division. Antenucci got 10 goals for Leeds this season, I believe it is a good thing we are looking at foreign talent as it tends to be much cheaper than the English equivalent

Leeds got Becchio from the Spanish second division, Brighton got Ulloa from the Spanish second division. We should be looking at leagues like this and scouting far and wide for potential bargains
in that case go for Simoneandrea Ganz top scorer for Como, on loan from A.C., who are 2 nil up after the first leg in the play-off for promotion to Serie B.........by the way his dad is Maurizio Ganz who scored a sackfull of goals for Udinese, Inter and A.C.

westcliff white

Ganz is owned by AC Milan not como he is on loan there

gerrys

Quote from: westcliff white on June 08, 2015, 09:06:56 PM
that is actually what I said.....

westcliff white

Quote from: gerrys on June 08, 2015, 09:12:48 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 08, 2015, 09:06:56 PM
that is actually what I said.....
apologies i meant ownly co-owned by AC, Italy have these strange co ownership rules.

But I do agree he is one we should loko at if we widh to try and get a good deal from Italy, even a years loan may not be a bad option, I cant see him swaping Serie A or B for the Championship though

Snibbo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 08, 2015, 04:22:52 PM
Had to laugh on the Transfer Rumours Site, some fella put up
Carlton Cole to Fulham in exchange for Ross...Hillarious
Its been taken down, some must dream them up at night.
About as ridiculous as taking Frank Large and a bit of cash in exchange for Alan Clarke.

Jonnoj

We have bid 1.2m for Tom Lees of Sheff Wed apparently and it has been turned down.
Do we think we are trying to bring in two CBs or just spraying the bids around to test the water?

gerrys

apologies i meant ownly co-owned by AC, Italy have these strange co ownership rules.

But I do agree he is one we should loko at if we widh to try and get a good deal from Italy, even a years loan may not be a bad option, I cant see him swaping Serie A or B for the Championship though
[/quote]

went to see him play in the final last Sunday, worked really hard and it was stinking hot........saw his dad outside and he was wearing a Como shirt for the occasion. ..

The Rock

Quote from: Jonnoj on June 09, 2015, 06:47:58 AM
We have bid 1.2m for Tom Lees of Sheff Wed apparently and it has been turned down.
Do we think we are trying to bring in two CBs or just spraying the bids around to test the water?

Both. Transfer wise, quality defenders are what we need. We have about 6 strikers. Our bids are insulting, so far as well. If we want to bring those players we'll pay up.

MJG

So anyone who says the bids are low,  if you have bought a house have
You always put in the asking price as the first offer?