https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on June 09, 2015, 12:25:53 PM
So anyone who says the bids are low,  if you have bought a house have
You always put in the asking price as the first offer?
Agree MJG, although for the house we live in now I did bid asking price with the first bid, but only because I was sitting in the estate agents when the bid of another person (2k below asking price) was rejected. I just said they need to make a decision inside 10 minutes or I pull out, took a chance the other people would not make another bid. Thankfully the 2 agents in the shop didnt talk to each other, not even sure that they realised both people in the shop were wanting the same property.

But I do agree bid below then go up as you may get below the price stated and below what your willing to pay
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on June 09, 2015, 12:35:52 PM
So anyone who says the bids are low,  if you have bought a house have
Agree MJG, although for the house we live in now I did bid asking price with the first bid, but only because I was sitting in the estate agents when the bid of another person (2k below asking price) was rejected. I just said they need to make a decision inside 10 minutes or I pull out, took a chance the other people would not make another bid. Thankfully the 2 agents in the shop didnt talk to each other, not even sure that they realised both people in the shop were wanting the same property.

But I do agree bid below then go up as you may get below the price stated and below what your willing to pay
Having been an estate agent for a time I was in that position many times...."I'll say it quietly but that couple talking to my colleague are going to make a bid on the house you like...so how much do you want to bid?"
All above board of course.

MJG

Completely off track, but the worst thing for an estate agent is they put a property on and the first viewer offers asking price. Thats an absolute disaster in so many ways.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on June 09, 2015, 12:55:35 PM
So anyone who says the bids are low,  if you have bought a house have

Having been an estate agent for a time I was in that position many times...."I'll say it quietly but that couple talking to my colleague are going to make a bid on the house you like...so how much do you want to bid?"
All above board of course.
i would tend to agree, however the guy making the offer was there with his wife and kids and when the agent got off the phone he and his wife were very downhearted, which is why i think they actually didnt know, that and then they had the finance guy come over and try to see if they could stretch further.

my 10 minute deadline was a gamble as they could have come back in (I considered 5 minutes) and I also said I had another property with another agent that was just behind in our pecking order of houses. I also didnt tell them when I was going in so just popped in when I fancied it.

Tooting legend

I am sorry I thought for a minute that this thread was for transfer rumours. Not the confessions of an Estate agent lol.  fp.gif

westcliff white

Quote from: Tooting legend on June 09, 2015, 01:06:08 PM
I am sorry I thought for a minute that this thread was for transfer rumours. Not the confessions of an Estate agent lol.  fp.gif
LOL never mind things change hehe

grandad

West Ham have named former defender Slaven Bilic as their new manager.

They are welcome as he would not have been my choice for such a "big " club. Not much of a pedigree. They would have done better to stick with Big Sam.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

Sorry...

Well we missed out on Darren Bent

Tooting legend

Quote from: MJG on June 09, 2015, 01:25:46 PM
Sorry...

Well we missed out on Darren bent.

That's Better lol  082.gif

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on June 09, 2015, 01:25:46 PM
Sorry...

Well we missed out on Darren Bent
I think he will do well at Derby,  they will play a passing game and get the ball in front of him just how he likes it. Martin on the other hand may not suit Clements style if the teams he has coached for have influenced him.

Chesh

Depends how much you want or need that 'house'

We are in desperate need for quality centre backs, as give or take one or two (only) decent games each, Hutchinson, Burn and Bodurov are just not up to it.

More often than not we lose the player by fannying around, and should have a minimum £7-8   million budget for two decent quality centre backs, as they are the foundation of a successful season (as opposed to the collapsible mess we have at the moment)

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Chesh on June 09, 2015, 01:37:30 PM
Depends how much you want or need that 'house'

We are in desperate need for quality centre backs, as give or take one or two (only) decent games each, Hutchinson, Burn and Bodurov are just not up to it.

More often than not we lose the player by fannying around, and should have a minimum £7-8   million budget for two decent quality centre backs, as they are the foundation of a successful season (as opposed to the collapsible mess we have at the moment)

I can't help but think you are being massively unrealistic for Championship budgets, championship players and indeed for a period of time so early in the window.

Classic94

These rumours are very promising to be fair - Lees, Dunk, Stearman... are exactly the kind of players we should be looking at. Hopefully we up our bids.

Twig

Quote from: Classic94 on June 09, 2015, 01:58:58 PM
These rumours are very promising to be fair - Lees, Dunk, Stearman... are exactly the kind of players we should be looking at. Hopefully we up our bids.

I agree, they are the sort of players we should be trying to sign.  There is time to up our bids if that is what it takes.  Within reason I don't mind waiting.  My only concerns are i. we don't lose out in every case to other bolder clubs ii. I have said many times that I think it is essential that the majority of our first choice squad is in place for some of the pre season friendlies.  It is very damaging when players are thrown together to build a team in the first competitive league matches.

Classic94

Quote from: Twig on June 09, 2015, 02:23:32 PM
Quote from: Classic94 on June 09, 2015, 01:58:58 PM

I agree, they are the sort of players we should be trying to sign.  There is time to up our bids if that is what it takes.  Within reason I don't mind waiting.  My only concerns are i. we don't lose out in every case to other bolder clubs ii. I have said many times that I think it is essential that the majority of our first choice squad is in place for some of the pre season friendlies.  It is very damaging when players are thrown together to build a team in the first competitive league matches.

Yeah well we have a training camp in Portugal at the start of July before playing Crawley on the 18th so, ideally, we must bring in a few players before our first competitive pre-season game, as well as clearing some deadwood (and there is plenty).

As you point out, the vast majority of our first team squad should be in place by early August - or earlier, to give the players time to gel, and the manager time to identify his best XI - last pre-season was a car crash in this respect. Given just how much work needs to be done in this window, I'd hope that discussions with potential new signings are well underway.

Friendsoffulham

Fulham Winning Race for Pringle

Fulham are set to beat the Blues to the signature of former Rotherham midfielder Ben Pringle, TWTD understands.

Out-of-contract Pringle, who turned down a new three-year deal with the Millers, was initially reported to be interesting Town, the Cottagers and a number of other Championship and League One clubs late last month.

We understand that Town made an offer to the 26-year-old but that Fulham subsequently made an approach and that as things stand Newcastle-born Pringle will join the West Londoners when his Rotherham contract is up at the end of the month.

Pringle signed for the Millers from Derby County in 2011 after a spell in non-league with Newcastle Blue Star, Morpeth Town and Ilkeston Town, having been with West Brom's academy as a youngster. While with Derby he spent a spell on loan with Torquay.

Pringle, whose set pieces led to both Rotherham's goals in their 2-0 victory over the Blues in February, made 154 starts and 14 sub appearances for Rotherham, scoring 22 goals, and helped them to promotion from League Two as runners-up in 2012/13 and League One via the play-offs in 2013/14.

Meanwhile, Stephen Hunt, who is still to be offered a new contract by the Blues, was fined £100, had three points added to his licence and was ordered to pay a £20 victim surcharge by a court in Bury St Edmunds yesterday having admitted speeding at 89mph on the A14 at Newmarket in September last year.

Hunt, who is currently back in Ireland, pleaded guilty by post initially wanted accept a fixed penalty but was unable to do so as the letter had been sent to an old address in Kesgrave rather than his current home in Sutton Coldfield.

Elsewhere, former Blues striker Dean Bowditch, 28, has signed a new two-year deal with Championship new boys the MK Dons.

Blues academy product Sammy Moore, 27, who made one senior sub appearance for Town, has joined Leyton Orient after leaving AFC Wimbledon.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/27534/

Friendsoffulham

Ipswich Town Talk ‏@IpswichTownTalk 15m15 minutes ago

Fulham now look set to beat Town to the signature of former Rotherham midfielder Ben Pringle. Thoughts? #itfc #ffc pic.twitter.com/Lq3V4rCSEG

Mince n Tatties

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Friendsoffulham

Swansea accept Fulham's Jazz Richards bid

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club that Swansea City have accepted an offer from Fulham for defender Jazz Richards.

As revealed by HITC Sport last month, Fulham and Queens Park Rangers had made enquiries for Richards, but now Fulham are in pole position to land the full-back after agreeing a fee for his services.

Richards enjoyed a successful spell on loan at Fulham last season, making 14 appearances at Craven Cottage, and Kit Symons had made him one of his top targets this summer.

Symons is looking to rebuild his squad at Fulham after a difficult first campaign in charge with the club just narrowly avoiding relegation.

SEE ALSO: Fulham and QPR eye Wales defender

The 24-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Swansea and the Welsh club are ready to let Richards move on.

Richards is keen to find a new club as he looks to be playing regular first-team football after finding himself behind the likes of Kyle Naughton and Angel Rangel at the Liberty Stadium.

Will Jazz Richards be a good signing for Fulham?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/10/swansea-accept-fulhams-jazz-richards-bid/page/1/