watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Surely its the midfield we need to be looking at. I've said before we have never adequately filled the Murphy void. That's where I want the money spent.

We have strikers for days imo.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

alexbishop

Quote from: Skatzoffc on June 11, 2015, 07:39:06 AM
Surely its the midfield we need to be looking at. I've said before we have never adequately filled the Murphy void. That's where I want the money spent.

It really bothers me when people/the club are so black and white. So when we are leaking goals 'we need new defenders' and when we aren't scoring goals 'we need new strikers.'

As you have rightly pointed out, much of goals conceded come from a lack of decent cover in midfield (with our defensive midfielder Parker unable to hold his position in front of the back 4 and without the legs to provide that cover).

Failure to score goals also comes from a lack of creativity in midfield. So if we lose players like Ruiz and if we want McCormack to stay up front, then where is that creativity going to come from?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Roberty

Quote from: alexbishop on June 11, 2015, 08:52:25 AM

It really bothers me when people/the club are so black and white. So when we are leaking goals 'we need new defenders' and when we aren't scoring goals 'we need new strikers.'

As you have rightly pointed out, much of goals conceded come from a lack of decent cover in midfield (with our defensive midfielder Parker unable to hold his position in front of the back 4 and without the legs to provide that cover).

Failure to score goals also comes from a lack of creativity in midfield. So if we lose players like Ruiz and if we want McCormack to stay up front, then where is that creativity going to come from?

Having Hyndman and LVC fit and back in the team would probably solve that problem but of course they will need back-up
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

alexbishop

Quote from: Roberty on June 11, 2015, 11:59:30 AM

Having Hyndman and LVC fit and back in the team would probably solve that problem but of course they will need back-up

Whilst both of these players have potential to provide the required creativity from midfield, neither will provide adequate protection for our back four. They are playmakers, not destroyers. We need an intelligent defensively minded player who can hold their position in front of the back four and win the ball back.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

Greek

Chances of Mitroglou going to Turkey just went up.

Olympiacos manager Vitor Pereira left the club this week and signed with Fener. He will probably plunder some players he liked - like Mitroglou.

Also Kasami just signed for Inter.

Roberty

Quote from: alexbishop on June 11, 2015, 12:55:18 PM

Whilst both of these players have potential to provide the required creativity from midfield, neither will provide adequate protection for our back four. They are playmakers, not destroyers. We need an intelligent defensively minded player who can hold their position in front of the back four and win the ball back.

Yes - BUT - what you said was Failure to score goals also comes from a lack of creativity in midfield. So if we lose players like Ruiz and if we want McCormack to stay up front, then where is that creativity going to come from?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Black, White and Fred

Am I right in thinking that if we have agreed terms with Pringle we could announce it now? Just stating that he would join when his contract expired at the end of the month.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

westcliff white

if we had agreed terms then yes we can announce and he would join upon expiry (i.e. 01/07)
Every day is a Fulham day

alexbishop

Quote from: Roberty on June 11, 2015, 01:33:16 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on June 11, 2015, 12:55:18 PM

Yes - BUT - what you said was Failure to score goals also comes from a lack of creativity in midfield. So if we lose players like Ruiz and if we want McCormack to stay up front, then where is that creativity going to come from?

Yea but you only half answered my question. I said we could have two problems in midfield - cover for defence and creativity in midfield. You said LVC and Hyndman would resolve that problem. My subsequent reply was me agreeing that they could solve the creativity issue, but would not resolve the defensive cover issue.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

Asotosyios

Bristol City chase deal for ex-Leeds United striker

Newly promoted Championship side Bristol City have targeted former Leeds striker Matt Smith, according to FLW sources.

The Fulham striker signed from Leeds on the summer transfer deadline day for an undisclosed fee and joined teammate Ross McCormack at Craven Cottage, following his £11 million move.

Smith struggled for form under ex-Fulham boss Felix Magath and was shifted out on loan to Championship hopefuls Bristol City down in League One, where he struck a golden vein of form and scored seven times in 14 appearances, whilst also winning Bristol City's goal of the season award.

They attempted to make his deal permanent, or at least extend the loan, in January, but Fulham were unwilling to sell under new manager Kit Symons.

He didn't continue is form from League One and again fell out of favour, and it looks like he could be on the move again this summer.

FLW understands Steve Cotterill is keen on adding more strike power to there squad this summer, and has earmarked Matt Smith as the man to do just that.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bristol-city-chase-deal-for-ex-leeds-united-striker/

Twig

:plus one:

Holders

If Murphy was the belated Mullery replacement, how long must we wait for the next real "midfield general"?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Holders on June 11, 2015, 08:42:32 PM
If Murphy was the belated Mullery replacement, how long must we wait for the next real "midfield general"?
Don't forget Lee Clarke and John Collins - both excellent midfielders!

Oh and Houghton, Steeeed, Fernandez,and even even Bullard. I think we have been pretty strong in that department over the years until Murphy left and Al closed his wallet!

Tooting legend

All over twitter that we are very close to closing deals for both Bolton keeper andy Lonegan and palace striker dwight gayle. Have not got a link just on Twitter.

Craven Mad

Wasn't Lonergan released by Bolton? Don't know much about him, but imagine he'd be backup to Betts.

Dwight Gayle would be absurdly good. I know there've been rumours of him joining us but won't believe it until it happens.

Sgt Fulham

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Tooting legend on June 11, 2015, 09:49:06 PM
All over twitter that we are very close to closing deals for both Bolton keeper andy Lonegan and palace striker dwight gayle. Have not got a link just on Twitter.

We've got more chance of getting Dwight York. Why would Palace sell their 6 million pound marque signing, who was of late, was just coming into his own and banging in the goals? He could quite easily go out on loan to a Norwich or Biurnemouth type Club next season.

Tooting legend

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 11, 2015, 11:34:54 PM
Quote from: Tooting legend on June 11, 2015, 09:49:06 PM

We've got more chance of getting Dwight York. Why would Palace sell their 6 million pound marque signing, who was of late, was just coming into his own and banging in the goals? He could quite easily go out on loan to a Norwich or Biurnemouth type Club next season.

Because 2 weeks ago Palace said that they will selling him as hes not wanted

DevonFFC

Gayle would literally be the best thing we could ask for, the guy will never be a world beater but he has an eye for good and pace, a better Beckford

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

I cant see much of anything on twitter for either of the 2 mentioned above, but Gayle would be nice addition
Every day is a Fulham day