watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Reports & Tweets are gathering pace about Man City wanting Roberts to swell their home grown ranks. Reports mention up to £10 million with add ons.
Multiply that by 5 & we might give it some thought.
Someone needs to talk some sense to the lad. He would not get a sniff of a game let alone be in their 25 man squad.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on June 14, 2015, 08:45:37 AM
Reports & Tweets are gathering pace about Man City wanting Roberts to swell their home grown ranks. Reports mention up to £10 million with add ons.
Someone needs to talk some sense to the lad. He would not get a sniff of a game let alone be in their 25 man squad.
give them parker smith and tunni if they just want some english players
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Based on last season I actually think he would be mad not to go. Probably get a massive pay rise and wont play much but he played very little football here anyway. Somehow I think learning off of the likes of Aguero/ Silva will develop him more than having a cameo every so often to give the likes of Kavanagh a rest. Worst ways City will loan him somewhere he will actually get games unlike what he gets here. From the outside it looks like he has been managed terribly and deserved a fairer crack at it

Obviously had he featured as much as LVC did or even the amount Grimmer played then he would be foolish, just like Rodwell and Sinclair were. Difference is Pat isnt even a squad player here so I wouldnt blame him for leaving. Also think fulham could have got a lot more if we actually played him. Just one or two goals and an occasional bit of magic would have added value, so if the figure is 10million then fulham only have themselves to blame. You cant blame City for trying their luck
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

grandad

I think he has been managed well. I needs to carry on learning the game, bulk up & focus on impressing enough to become a full member of our 1st team squad.
There have been many instances of young players being thrust into 1st teams only to get burnt out physically & mentally. Our youth set up is one of the best in the country. How many kids from Man City, The Blue Poo & other "big" clubs make it to their respective 1st teams compared with ours.

Tooting legend

I am fed up of hearing about the lad. Take the 10million plus add ons, he's overrated, and apparently he's dad has said he will only sign a new contract if he plays 50% of games this season, isn't going to happen. Cash in now Fulham.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tooting legend on June 14, 2015, 09:48:15 AM
I am fed up of hearing about the lad. Take the 10million plus add ons, he's overrated, and apparently he's dad has said he will only sign a new contract if he plays 50% of games this season, isn't going to happen. Cash in now Fulham.
yes so we can buy some more jazz richards. id sell every player we had before selling pat. and if we had a decent manager, pat would probably play more

Barrett487

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 14, 2015, 09:20:54 AM

Based on last season I actually think he would be mad not to go. Probably get a massive pay rise and wont play much but he played very little football here anyway. Somehow I think learning off of the likes of Aguero/ Silva will develop him more than having a cameo every so often to give the likes of Kavanagh a rest. Worst ways City will loan him somewhere he will actually get games unlike what he gets here. From the outside it looks like he has been managed terribly and deserved a fairer crack at it

Obviously had he featured as much as LVC did or even the amount Grimmer played then he would be foolish, just like Rodwell and Sinclair were. Difference is Pat isnt even a squad player here so I wouldnt blame him for leaving. Also think fulham could have got a lot more if we actually played him. Just one or two goals and an occasional bit of magic would have added value, so if the figure is 10million then fulham only have themselves to blame. You cant blame City for trying their luck

I agree with most of what you sat, however i still think that Pat would have more game opportunities here, it's unlikely he would see the light of day at a big club..

fulhamben

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 14, 2015, 09:56:54 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 14, 2015, 09:20:54 AM

I agree with most of what you sat, however i still think that Pat would have more game opportunities here, it's unlikely he would see the light of day at a big club..
but knowing our crap lot, they would loan him back and expect us to be happy about it

Tooting legend

Quote from: fulhamben on June 14, 2015, 09:53:51 AM
yes so we can buy some more jazz richards. id sell every player we had before selling pat. and if we had a decent manager, pat would probably play more

Immature reply so we can buy more Ashley Richards get a life.......He's demanding more game time well 50% of game time before he signs a new deal, a 18 year old throwing around demands. Cash in Fulham get rid simple!

fulhamben

Quote from: Tooting legend on June 14, 2015, 10:02:49 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 14, 2015, 09:53:51 AM

Immature reply so we can buy more Ashley Richards get a life.......He's demanding more game time well 50% of game time before he signs a new deal, a 18 year old throwing around demands. Cash in Fulham get rid simple!
immature? so you would sell your best assets because they want to play? and kit hasnt been very good with player aquisitions to date, so what good will cash do us. no doubt we will sell mitro ruiz and stek too. so why do we need the cash

MJG

Quite simply he either signs the new contract and stays or we sell if he doesn't, it's as easy as that.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on June 14, 2015, 10:11:35 AM
Quite simply he either signs the new contract and stays or we sell if he doesn't, it's as easy as that.
and thats where a decent manager would of come in handy. one with a track record who could convince him we will be going up.

Arthur

I am fed up of hearing about the lad... Cash in now Fulham.

We have a player whose talent, by any yardstick (except, perhaps, yours), puts him among the top players in his age group in the country. With good management, there is every likelihood that he will transfer that talent to first XI football at the highest level.

Fore sure, your remark is no more 'mature' than the response from Fulham Ben which you rounded on.

Take the 10million plus add ons, he's overrated...

I'd be interested to know what you have seen that makes you think he hasn't a future in the game at a level higher than the Club is now.

...and apparently he's dad has said he will only sign a new contract if he plays 50% of games this season, isn't going to happen.

As I understand, his dad is far more reasonable than you make him out to be. I may be wrong, but isn't the reason that Pat is at our Club at all owing to Roberts Snr's trust in our intent to bring our outstanding Academy players through to the first team sooner than if he had joined a high-ranking PL club?

I would, moreover, be surprised if he were stipulating that Pat should play a set number of games, but I can quite believe that he is asking serious questions of the Club's hierarchy as to how they intend to manage his son's transition to the first XI and fulfil the promise that persuaded him to advise his son to come here in the first place.

And, again, I may be wrong because I'm looking in from the outside, but last year's handling of Roberts seemed shambolic to me and does the Club no credit. He could and should have been nearer to playing first XI football than he is. I would quite understand if his father now wants assurances before a new contract is signed that Pat will be helped to develop far better than he was last season.

grandad

He was handled with due care to the lad. He is a boy in a mans world. He would get battered if played week in week out. He needs to finish growing & put on more muscle. He certainly has more talent than a lot of kids his age but he needs time to mature. Of course I want to see him play more games & I think he may do so this season.
I remember Trevor Francis & to an extent Michael Owen being burnt out before their time.

cmg

I'm a bit puzzled by the original rationale. Is it not true that Manchester City can have as many under 21 players of any nationality in their squad as they want. The 'home grown' rule only applies when they are over 21. Roberts is 18. What have I missed?

apparently he's dad has said he will only sign a new contract if he plays 50% of games this season

'Apparently' Pellegrini has already agreed to play Roberts in 50% of games. It has yet to be decided if this will mean he will start half the games or whether he will play a half in all games (and then whether this will be the first or second half).

grandad

Quote from: cmg on June 14, 2015, 11:48:12 AM
I'm a bit puzzled by the original rationale. Is it not true that Manchester City can have as many under 21 players of any nationality in their squad as they want. The 'home grown' rule only applies when they are over 21. Roberts is 18. What have I missed?

apparently he's dad has said he will only sign a new contract if he plays 50% of games this season

'Apparently' Pellegrini has already agreed to play Roberts in 50% of games. It has yet to be decided if this will mean he will start half the games or whether he will play a half in all games (and then whether this will be the first or second half).

I don´t believe that for one moment. No way would Roberts would even get near the bench this coming season. Also it wasn´t mentioned if this 50% would be for 1st team, U 21´s, U 18¨s or loaned out.

PS. Why would they even want him if these are their targets.

Manchester City may have to spend £155m to sign Paul Pogba. Juventus want £80m for the 22-year-old France midfielder, who wants a five-year contract at £250k-a-week - which is £65m - plus a signing-on fee of £10m. (Daily Star Sunday)

Alternatively, City will pay £150m up front for Pogba, Liverpool's England winger Raheem Sterling, 20, and 23-year-old Belgium midfielder Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg. (Daily Mirror) 

MJG

City are desperate for English players, not only for this season but going forward as well,  so the u21 rule is not an issue really.

cmg

Quote from: grandad on June 14, 2015, 12:05:49 PM
Quote from: cmg on June 14, 2015, 11:48:12 AM

I don´t believe that for one moment. No way would Roberts would even get near the bench this coming season. Also it wasn´t mentioned if this 50% would be for 1st team, U 21´s, U 18¨s or loaned out.

'Apparently' it's 1st team only + 25% of Chs Lge. Which teams will constitute the 50% hasn't been decided yet. Pat himself has gone dibs on Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham, his dad has insisted on Liverpool and Everton away, but both are happy to pass on Stoke and Sunderland away, especially if they are on a wet Tuesday in January.

There is, of course, another alternative.

grandad

Not good when this topic is relegated to page 2.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: grandad on June 15, 2015, 09:52:23 AM
Not good when this topic is relegated to page 2.

Won't be the only thing relegated at this rate! ha :)