watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Apparently QPR have made a late bid for Pringle.
Every day is a Fulham day

Wearethewhites

Quote from: westcliff white on June 15, 2015, 10:18:03 AM
Apparently QPR have made a late bid for Pringle.

That'll be about right. Not like us to leave things late, or leave an opening for another Club to step in. Knew this one was taking to long for a reason, and to top it off, we'll be robbed by the Ha Ha's who should be having a transfer embargo

FPT

From the Mirror (at 14:11) http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-felipe-anderson-5884397:

Fulham have shown an interest in Crystal Palace striker Fraizer Campbell.

The former Manchester United, Sunderland and Cardiff striker managed just four Premier League goals for the Eagles last season following his £900,000 move to Selhurst Park.

Campbell was restricted to just 15 starts in all competitions, and is surplus to requirements at the Eagles.

The Cottagers are among the clubs keen on the 27-year-old, but nobody is willing to meet his £30,000-a-week wages.

However, Palace could be willing to let Campbell leave on loan instead if a permanent deal can not be reached.

St. Andrews White

Well Palace just signed Hangers to a new deal as well, so those rumours can be put to bed at last
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

westcliff white

Were there any rumours of us want Hangeland? thought it was just us lot on here saying he could do a job teaching our youngsters etc.

McBride78

Quote from: cmg on June 14, 2015, 11:48:12 AM
I'm a bit puzzled by the original rationale. Is it not true that Manchester City can have as many under 21 players of any nationality in their squad as they want. The 'home grown' rule only applies when they are over 21. Roberts is 18. What have I missed?

Quote from: Tooting legend on June 14, 2015, 09:48:15 AM
apparently he's dad has said he will only sign a new contract if he plays 50% of games this season

'Apparently' Pellegrini has already agreed to play Roberts in 50% of games. It has yet to be decided if this will mean he will start half the games or whether he will play a half in all games (and then whether this will be the first or second half).

This makes no sense.  Why would any team agree to 50% of games before you have earned the right to start?  Especially Man City where he is no where near ready.  If he can walk into Man City's squad for 50% of thier games then his price should reflect that and we should ask for 30 million (I am being a smart ass, but seriously this rumor has to be rubbish, no?)

McBride78

I have seen us linked with strikers, wingers, Jazz, and Dunk......have I missed it or have we not yet been linked with any central mids? 

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Signing a new contract is imperative.
In the long run it won't make any difference to Roberts, because he will either be signed by a top club or not and those sorts of clubs won't really worry to much about the price if he is 'established'

The main ones to benefit would be us because we could demand a higher fee, in the region of some of the others that have been transferred recently. eg: Sterling

The higher the fee the more % he will earn.
There is also surely no rush.
Let's say he plays a lot more this year and catches the eye of Roy, who's not shy when giving youngsters a chance.
The season after that he's a regular and he's still only 20.
Selling him now for even $15 would be a HUGE mistake for him and us,

Slow down, we know he's destined for greatness, lets cash in when the
time is right, unless of course we are in the top 6 of the PL in which case
he may stay a while longer !

The profit from Roberts would justify the Academy for the past few years and we will be able to turn out more youngsters, as we are now (Hyndman, LVC, Woodrow etc) and hopefully a constant stream in the future.

Priority: sign him until at least 2018.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

snarks

Like a lot of people on this board, I really rate Pat as a prospect. TBH I was a bit dissapointed in the cameos he played in last season. There was a lot of running in to blind alleys, sometimes when a head up simple pass would do he didn't take it.

As he is so slight of stature, in some ways he would be better served in the premiership where referees give more protection than in the championship, he did get knocked about a bit last season. However with a year in and around the squad, you have to think he'll get more games this season, he could be the right link between midfield and forwards, that Fulham need. Like LVC his ability to run with the ball at pace is great. Although he is not a classic winger, he is better coming in from a wide midfiled position.

I want him to stay, and hope he does, and would be dissapointed if he leaves.

RaySmith

Roberts is a tremendous prospect, but should be nurtured and brought along gradually -unless he is sold, which he will be eventually -but let's hope Fulham can enjoy and benefit from his talent first.

Lighthouse

Jazz Richards has had Prem Clubs become interested since Fulham have had a bid accepted.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Quote from: McBride78 on June 15, 2015, 02:38:27 PM
I'm a bit puzzled by the original rationale. Is it not true that Manchester City can have as many under 21 players of any nationality in their squad as they want. The 'home grown' rule only applies when they are over 21. Roberts is 18. What have I missed?

apparently he's dad has said he will only sign a new contract if he plays 50% of games this season

'Apparently' Pellegrini has already agreed to play Roberts in 50% of games. It has yet to be decided if this will mean he will start half the games or whether he will play a half in all games (and then whether this will be the first or second half).

This makes no sense.  Why would any team agree to 50% of games before you have earned the right to start?  Especially Man City where he is no where near ready.  If he can walk into Man City's squad for 50% of thier games then his price should reflect that and we should ask for 30 million (I am being a smart ass, but seriously this rumor has to be rubbish, no?)

Oh dear, oh dear. I have to admit total failure here.
Of course it's rubbish.
I thought I had made it quite clear by the use of 'Apparently'. Obviously I was wrong.
I have long poured scorn on here on reports that such and such a player has a 'must start' clause in his contract. I have always maintained that this would not even be practically possible and that no club would compromise themselves in this way.
I was, in what appears now to be a ham-fisted and ineffectual way, suggesting that I did not believe for one moment that Pat Roberts' father was insisting that the lad started 50% of the games. I do not believe that he would do so. Nor do I believe that any club would countenance such a proposal. Nor do I really believe that a top PL club would allow an untested 18 year old to pick and choose what games he plays in.
I  thought that the depressing way in which every half-arsed rumour, however ludicrous, is instantly swallowed as if gospel truth needed a corrective. I was obviously wrong.....Or possibly right.  

westcliff white

Who said hangers was returning? Have I missed a rumour?

westcliff white

The below us in the ever reliable football-rumours.co.uk website

15 Jun 2015 13:15:04
He's having a medical this minute - don't believe me? Go down to MP now - Lonergan & O'hara are there too.

Cairney will sign in the near future - fee agreed with Blackburn & personal terms agreed.

Posted by billy Bob do don't know how good or bad the story is as he can be right and also so very very wrong

McBride78

Quote from: cmg on June 15, 2015, 04:37:42 PM
Quote from: McBride78 on June 15, 2015, 02:38:27 PM

This makes no sense.  Why would any team agree to 50% of games before you have earned the right to start?  Especially Man City where he is no where near ready.  If he can walk into Man City's squad for 50% of thier games then his price should reflect that and we should ask for 30 million (I am being a smart ass, but seriously this rumor has to be rubbish, no?)

Oh dear, oh dear. I have to admit total failure here.
Of course it's rubbish.
I thought I had made it quite clear by the use of 'Apparently'. Obviously I was wrong.
I have long poured scorn on here on reports that such and such a player has a 'must start' clause in his contract. I have always maintained that this would not even be practically possible and that no club would compromise themselves in this way.
I was, in what appears now to be a ham-fisted and ineffectual way, suggesting that I did not believe for one moment that Pat Roberts' father was insisting that the lad started 50% of the games. I do not believe that he would do so. Nor do I believe that any club would countenance such a proposal. Nor do I really believe that a top PL club would allow an untested 18 year old to pick and choose what games he plays in.
I  thought that the depressing way in which every half-arsed rumour, however ludicrous, is instantly swallowed as if gospel truth needed a corrective. I was obviously wrong.....Or possibly right. 

I am American.  Low football IQ and easily duped.  =)

Friendsoffulham

15 Jun 2015 10:19:39
Seems as though QPR are now in for Pringle, matched FFC offer and are talking to him personally this week
westcliff white
He's having a medical this minute - don't believe me? Go down to MP now - Lonergan & O'hara are there too.

Cairney will sign in the near future - fee agreed with Blackburn & personal terms agreed.

Tooting legend

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 15, 2015, 07:39:01 PM
Seems as though QPR are now in for Pringle, matched FFC offer and are talking to him personally this week
westcliff white

So reading this is it correct that Pringle, Lonergan and Jamie O'Hara are having medicals....Where's O'Hara come from this is new?

westcliff white

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 15, 2015, 07:39:01 PM
westcliff white

Not sure what our saying as no message, but I was saying that the first one was a twitter message and the other from some website. neither were anything to do with me, I was just relaying the info

Barrett487

[/quote]

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/05/28/fulham-look-to-blackburn-star-tom-cairney/page/1/

HITC Sport understands Fulham are lining up a raid on Championship rivals Blackburn Rovers for midfielder Tom Cairney.

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club that Fulham are planning to make a bid for highly-rated Blackburn Rovers star Tom Cairney.

Fulham boss Kit Symons is determined to rebuild his squad at Craven Cottage next season after a disappointing campaign in the Championship this term.

Symons is set to be handed a healthy transfer kitty to bring in new faces and Blackburn midfielder Cairney is thought to be among his top targets.

Cairney has really caught the eye at Blackburn after initially joining on loan from Hull City in the summer of 2013 before making the move permanent in January 2014.

The former Leeds United youngster is widely regarded as one of the best attacking midfielders in the Championship, and Symons believes the Scotland Under-21 international could be key to his plans as he looks to build a team capable of winning promotion back to the Premier League.

Blackburn would be reluctant to lose Cairney, but due to Financial Fair Play regulations they could find it hard to resist a big-money offer for the 24-year-old.