0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply  Retweet  Favorite
More

And who is Rich Dean?

Someone with plenty of money?

Roberty

Quote from: fulhamben on June 14, 2015, 10:13:54 AM
Quote from: MJG on June 14, 2015, 10:11:35 AM
Quite simply he either signs the new contract and stays or we sell if he doesn't, it's as easy as that.
and thats where a decent manager would of come in handy. one with a track record who could convince him we will be going up.

What has our manager got to do with it ?

It would take an act of God to stop him signing for City or one of the other top clubs if they were interested

He's got an agent - a football agents job is to get sell his clients services to the highest bidder - club loyalty counts for nothing
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Roberty on June 16, 2015, 12:05:44 PM
Quite simply he either signs the new contract and stays or we sell if he doesn't, it's as easy as that.
and thats where a decent manager would of come in handy. one with a track record who could convince him we will be going up.

It would take an act of God to stop him signing for City or one of the other top clubs if they were interested

He's got an agent - a football agents job is to get sell his clients services to the highest bidder - club loyalty counts for nothing
I think the Manager has an awful lot to do with it.
If he had been played last season he may not want to go this!

Lighthouse

Roberts isn't good enough and too lightweight to make it with Fulham at the moment. IF he goes to City we may never hear from him again. Blaming the manager for not playing a player who isn't ready and will be poached anyway is wide of the mark. Players who are young and ready and good enough to play are the ones we need to hang onto. Roberts isn't one of them, yet.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Quote from: BestOfBrede on June 16, 2015, 02:40:06 PM
Quote from: Roberty on June 16, 2015, 12:05:44 PM

I think the Manager has an awful lot to do with it.
If he had been played last season he may not want to go this!
I tend to agree with Lighthouse on this, but also if one club is willing to pay him 10-15k per week and we offer only 5k then the kid will go with the money. That isnt the managers fault.

Even if he had been playing and City offered the rumoured 10-15k then he would still go.
Every day is a Fulham day

FFC1987

Can we keep this silly season thread for strictly transfer In rumors? Can't stand the hypotheticals of whether a player who has barely played or produced anything for our first team being used as the club's remise! ;)

EJL

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 16, 2015, 11:46:45 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 16, 2015, 11:31:20 AM
Rich Dean FFC ‏@richdean21  5m5 minutes ago
I know for a fact that Ben Pringle has signed for Fulham
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply  Retweet  Favorite
More
Michael Brown ‏@mbffc  2m2 minutes ago
@richdean21 prove it
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply  Retweet  Favorite
More

And who is Rich Dean?
Cliffy's brother, I think.

FPT

As I see it, our academy was invested heavily in to benefit the club in this respect. We cannot attract the sponsorship deals of those above us, but what we can do is create an academy built in the right way to mould a conveyor belt system which we've already somewhat seen. This way, our profits allow us to strengthen elsewhere. If Patrick Roberts does not want to sign a contract, the chances are that his mind will not be changed in the next 12 months and we would receive less on a compensation deal. We sell Patrick Roberts for the quoted £10m, we can put a bit into the transfer pot, a bit towards the academy and a bit towards the contract negotiations of Emerson Hyndman, Moussa Dembele and Marcus Bettinelli. With sponsorships and financial gain in the Championship at a damaging low where it's near impossible to profit, the sale of Patrick Roberts (someone who does not wish to play for Fulham) will go a long way.

Southampton sold Theo Walcott, that gave Nathan Dyer an opportunity to play. Then Adam Lallana was brought in whilst also keeping the football club afloat whilst a young Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was making gains before being sold in 2011. If we look at the big picture, we brought Kerim Frei up as part of the first wave of Huw Jennings' academy tutelage with Alex Kacaniklic, after them were Patrick Roberts (who hasn't really played least we forget) and George Williams. Patrick Roberts leaving does open a gap for Ange-Freddy Plumain who has been excellent at Under 21 level this year, finishing as our top goalscorer.

The question was asked last week about which academy players do you find most important to extending their deal, I didn't reply I've spoken to him 'privately' in discussion saying that Roberts was last. He's the money maker for his eye catching highlight reel and (in my opinion) Patrick has the style of play least guaranteed to reflect onto the professional game. He's a sleight player that runs with the ball, how many of those do you see in the English game? You could argue that he's unique, but you could also argue the same as many did with Kerim Frei that he's a one trick pony (despite his young age). Patrick could rule the world, but he'd need to adapt his game for me and if Manchester City want to pay us £10m to take him despite the possible downfalls and lack of impact on the professional game thus far, plus one year on his contract and the looking like he doesn't have an interest in signing it....

At the end of the day, it makes business sense to sell a player that doesn't wish to stay so we can build a squad that can battle for the upper reigns of the Championship. Southampton have produced, sold and improved. Porto have for over ten years and Benfica to a lesser extent. Once we're in the Premier League it'll be easier to keep these young stars because we'll be making more so we can offer more. Right now, with this player and in our situation, we'll take the cash and run because it's not only the right thing to do, but the only thing to do.

westcliff white

according to the sky sports website live transfer feed newcastle are after lewis dunk for 5 million
Every day is a Fulham day

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: FPT on June 16, 2015, 08:40:57 PM
As I see it, our academy was invested heavily in to benefit the club in this respect. We cannot attract the sponsorship deals of those above us, but what we can do is create an academy built in the right way to mould a conveyor belt system which we've already somewhat seen. This way, our profits allow us to strengthen elsewhere. If Patrick Roberts does not want to sign a contract, the chances are that his mind will not be changed in the next 12 months and we would receive less on a compensation deal. We sell Patrick Roberts for the quoted £10m, we can put a bit into the transfer pot, a bit towards the academy and a bit towards the contract negotiations of Emerson Hyndman, Moussa Dembele and Marcus Bettinelli. With sponsorships and financial gain in the Championship at a damaging low where it's near impossible to profit, the sale of Patrick Roberts (someone who does not wish to play for Fulham) will go a long way.

Southampton sold Theo Walcott, that gave Nathan Dyer an opportunity to play. Then Adam Lallana was brought in whilst also keeping the football club afloat whilst a young Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was making gains before being sold in 2011. If we look at the big picture, we brought Kerim Frei up as part of the first wave of Huw Jennings' academy tutelage with Alex Kacaniklic, after them were Patrick Roberts (who hasn't really played least we forget) and George Williams. Patrick Roberts leaving does open a gap for Ange-Freddy Plumain who has been excellent at Under 21 level this year, finishing as our top goalscorer.

The question was asked last week about which academy players do you find most important to extending their deal, I didn't reply I've spoken to him 'privately' in discussion saying that Roberts was last. He's the money maker for his eye catching highlight reel and (in my opinion) Patrick has the style of play least guaranteed to reflect onto the professional game. He's a sleight player that runs with the ball, how many of those do you see in the English game? You could argue that he's unique, but you could also argue the same as many did with Kerim Frei that he's a one trick pony (despite his young age). Patrick could rule the world, but he'd need to adapt his game for me and if Manchester City want to pay us £10m to take him despite the possible downfalls and lack of impact on the professional game thus far, plus one year on his contract and the looking like he doesn't have an interest in signing it....

At the end of the day, it makes business sense to sell a player that doesn't wish to stay so we can build a squad that can battle for the upper reigns of the Championship. Southampton have produced, sold and improved. Porto have for over ten years and Benfica to a lesser extent. Once we're in the Premier League it'll be easier to keep these young stars because we'll be making more so we can offer more. Right now, with this player and in our situation, we'll take the cash and run because it's not only the right thing to do, but the only thing to do.

What an incredibly rational post. I've had a feeling we would lose him especially down to lack of game time but was suprised at how much it disappointed me when I read his move was close to going through. I actually posted something similar to this but far less eloquent a while ago and your post has brought me back from being disappointed to being realistic. It's a shame would couldn't have watched him playing his best in the first team but what can you do?

BedsFFC

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on June 16, 2015, 09:53:58 PM

What an incredibly rational post. I've had a feeling we would lose him especially down to lack of game time but was suprised at how much it disappointed me when I read his move was close to going through. I actually posted something similar to this but far less eloquent a while ago and your post has brought me back from being disappointed to being realistic. It's a shame would couldn't have watched him playing his best in the first team but what can you do?

I just want a player in a fulham shirt to make me proud. One that I can rave about to my chelsea supporting mates. The ones that have conveniently reminded me that they have read on the net that we have lost our golden boy to man city.

You know, I love Fulham FC, but I really hate soccer.

Apparently, I should be happy that we have made £5m....

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: BedsFFC on June 16, 2015, 10:38:46 PM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on June 16, 2015, 09:53:58 PM

I just want a player in a fulham shirt to make me proud. One that I can rave about to my chelsea supporting mates. The ones that have conveniently reminded me that they have read on the net that we have lost our golden boy to man city.

You know, I love Fulham FC, but I really hate soccer.

Apparently, I should be happy that we have made £5m....

I agree but it doesn't really contradict the points made. I think me and FTP want the same. That doesn't make Roberts that player. I think he could be and is our best chance since dembele1. Even more so as he has worked his way up the ranks. The problem is if he doesn't want to play for us he goes not fit your bill. If he is drawn by citeh's bench/under21's then he is not going to stay for long whatever league we are in. I regret we cannot see him work his magic for us but if he doesn't want to be here then what would you have us do? If we do a Southampton, which is our best possible team to replicate then we need to nurture and sell. Players will come to a club that will help them progress then sell them without stopping their progression. Holding on to him may well damage us more than keeping him.

I suppose what I'm saying is that although I want what you want, if it isn't the players desire to stay how can he be the player you talk of? He won't stay if he hits it big so he wont be the player you are hoping for so your point won't work with him.

mikestrand

Lets give Kit a real chance and get some decent players in quick enough to give him the time needed to prepare a winning team.

Twig

Quote from: mikestrand on June 17, 2015, 02:45:37 AM
Lets give Kit a real chance and get some decent players in quick enough to give him the time needed to prepare a winning team.

That's all I want.  Hopefully he will succeed.  If not then we will have given him a fair crack of the whip.  Do it and do it soonest.

Mince n Tatties

Another one gone then..According to reports this morning
Lewis Dunk off to Newcastle. ..

Chutney

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 17, 2015, 06:08:25 AM

How can he be gone if we never had him?
C O Y W

alexbishop

Quote from: Chutney on June 17, 2015, 08:35:47 AM

Another rumoured transfer target gone to a club that is not us.

The optimists will say we were never interested. The pesemistics will say we let another target get away.

We were probably interested but the player will go for the Premiership club of course. Next down on the shortlist...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Chutney on June 17, 2015, 08:35:47 AM

Another of the so called players we were supposed to have
bid for..
Why the sarcasm you know what I meant..