watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestrand

Quite Fulhamish that we'll be the only club to wait for July 1st before we start bidding.

Nero

ive figured it out, most team buy players and then get rid of there dead wood, Fulham wait to get rid of there deadwood before buying and end up buying the others team dead wood as all the good players have gone

malcbridger

Weimann joining club with ambition and a good young manager, Fulham probably didn't even realise his availability?!

Domino1879

Quote from: malcbridger on June 19, 2015, 06:55:55 AM
Weimann joining club with ambition and a good young manager, Fulham probably didn't even realise his availability?!

+1
Sleepwalking again.  But don't worry, I believe Fotheringham is still available!

Ordar

Weimann will be a great signing at this level. Derby really strengthening. Got to be favorites for the league again next year

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Ordar on June 19, 2015, 09:44:10 AM
Weimann will be a great signing at this level. Derby really strengthening. Got to be favorites for the league again next year

Good strike force on top of an already strong midfield and defense. Will be right up there again.

snarks

Weinmann hasn't really cut it at Villa, and TBH whilst I rate him as a prospect in the championship, who of the current strikers at Fulham would you leave out for him? Ross does the job better. He isn't a target man like Smith, doesn't have Cauleys work rate or Moussa's potential.

Slagging off the club for not making a signing they don't need or were after is slightly nonsensical IMHO.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: snarks on June 19, 2015, 10:49:30 AM
Weinmann hasn't really cut it at Villa, and TBH whilst I rate him as a prospect in the championship, who of the current strikers at Fulham would you leave out for him? Ross does the job better. He isn't a target man like Smith, doesn't have Cauleys work rate or Moussa's potential.

Slagging off the club for not making a signing they don't need or were after is slightly nonsensical IMHO.
He's a good poacher, he'll score goals.

MJG

Just have to get used to when a signing at ANY championship club goes through someone somewhere will say..."Why didn't we go for him?" and as you showed, there are reasons why he possibly was of no interest at all.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Plus we have yet to see Taggart who seems a similar sort of player.

colinwhite

Weiman is a modern striker /wide player with real pace (even in the premiership ). That alone would have definitely given us something.

Roberty

Quote from: The Moose on June 19, 2015, 10:57:29 AM

Oh good - so poached egg on toast for everyone after training  :005:
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Roberty on June 19, 2015, 11:27:45 AM

Oh good - so poached egg on toast for everyone after training  :005:

If I could post a picture of tumbleweed without too much effort...I would.

FFC1987

To be fair, I think if we announced Weimann it would have given everyone (or most) a bit of a buzz and would have improved current thoughts. That said, I'm not sure he's entirely needed or an essential missing part of our squad but he would sure as hell have been a welcome one. Still waiting for this kind of signing to create some sort of optimism.

cookieg

Quote from: MJG on June 19, 2015, 11:00:01 AM

Just have to get used to when a signing at ANY championship club goes through someone somewhere will say..."Why didn't we go for him?" and as you showed, there are reasons why he possibly was of no interest at all.

And when we do sign someone he will be slated before he even kicks a ball as another clubs cast off.

FFC1987

Quote from: cookieg on June 19, 2015, 12:08:54 PM

And when we do sign someone he will be slated before he even kicks a ball as another clubs cast off.

I think people are entitled to an opinion based on players who have kicked a ball for other clubs though no? If you don't rate/like a player for any other club and he joins Fulham, I don't think immediately you need to slate/praise him. Give him a chance, yes but if we bought in a player in a position I think we're already covered in, and I don't particularly rate him, i'd say as much. And that's not slating the player really (unless hes a misogynist/racist/some form of criminal offence), that's more of a punt at the transfer policy at the club.

cookieg

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 19, 2015, 12:15:41 PM
Quote from: cookieg on June 19, 2015, 12:08:54 PM

I think people are entitled to an opinion based on players who have kicked a ball for other clubs though no? If you don't rate/like a player for any other club and he joins Fulham, I don't think immediately you need to slate/praise him. Give him a chance, yes but if we bought in a player in a position I think we're already covered in, and I don't particularly rate him, i'd say as much. And that's not slating the player really (unless hes a misogynist/racist/some form of criminal offence), that's more of a punt at the transfer policy at the club.

I couldn't agree more about giving players a chance when they join the club. Because a player doesn't particularly have a glowing career at one club doesn't mean that he can't do a job for Fulham if he joins. Clearly our manager and scouting team see something in a player who they feel will add to the 1st team or squad. Perhaps the issue is what do they see that is different from what the fans see.

grandad

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 19, 2015, 11:29:12 AM
Quote from: Roberty on June 19, 2015, 11:27:45 AM

Oh good - so poached egg on toast for everyone after training  :005:

If I could post a picture of tumbleweed without too much effort...I would.

Where there's a will there's a wife

Tooting legend

Can we just use this thread for our club I hate going on this thread and all I read is about other teams If I wanted to read about other clubs then I would go on the forums.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day