watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJL

Do we really want Jamie O'Hara? I've never seen a player have such a sharp drop in quality, and league, yet still been so wrapped up in the glamour of being a professional footballer.

EJL

Bridcutt could be off to Derby. He would've been a good replacement for Parker at this level.

FPT

Jamie O'Hara would be a decent signing for us on a free. He grabbed 8 assists despite starting in November and spending the 12 months before not playing football. He can thread through passes from deep, something we've not had since Danny Murphy. He also has a quality set piece delivery and the ability to stretch play with long balls. I wouldn't see him as a starter, but he would certainly be a very effective player in and around the first team bringing competition as a more creative ball player.

He's a doorknob, but on a free and a one-year-deal (no confirmation there) it should be good business. The bloke has quality, and valuable Premier League experience (nearly 100 games). At 29 (virtually) we've got to consider that he's entering his prime years as a footballer, especially with his style. Anyway, I'd be ok with O'Hara joining us, a wee bit excited in fact to see a true midfielder with a bit of innovation about him on the ball. He also plugs a gap and takes the pressure off of Emerson Hyndman continuing his movement into the professional game.

spikey norman

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 20, 2015, 08:17:09 AM
Costalot off to Ferenbache according to papers..
Rtf
According to another report today Italian clubs  Udinese and Sassuolo have entered race to sign Mitro which could spark bidding war

Asotosyios

Quote from: spikey norman on June 20, 2015, 05:35:58 PM
Rtf
According to another report today Italian clubs  Udinese and Sassuolo have entered race to sign Mitro which could spark bidding war

Udinese v Sassuolo for Mitroglou

Udinese and Sassuolo are tussling with Fenerbahce for Fulham striker Kostas Mitroglou.

Sport Mediaset suggest there is a bidding war going on between the three clubs for the Greek international.

The 27-year-old spent this season on loan at Olympiacos, where he scored 19 goals in 34 competitive matches.

He'll return to Fulham next month, but seems eager to move on again.

In Serie A there is interest from both Udinese and Sassuolo, while Turkish side Fenerbahce are seemingly prepared to offer wages worth €2m per season.

http://football-italia.net/68030/udinese-v-sassuolo-mitroglou

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 20, 2015, 06:14:44 PM
Quote from: spikey norman on June 20, 2015, 05:35:58 PM
Rtf
According to another report today Italian clubs  Udinese and Sassuolo have entered race to sign Mitro which could spark bidding war

Udinese v Sassuolo for Mitroglou

Udinese and Sassuolo are tussling with Fenerbahce for Fulham striker Kostas Mitroglou.

Sport Mediaset suggest there is a bidding war going on between the three clubs for the Greek international.

The 27-year-old spent this season on loan at Olympiacos, where he scored 19 goals in 34 competitive matches.

He'll return to Fulham next month, but seems eager to move on again.

In Serie A there is interest from both Udinese and Sassuolo, while Turkish side Fenerbahce are seemingly prepared to offer wages worth €2m per season.

http://football-italia.net/68030/udinese-v-sassuolo-mitroglou

Best case scenario. Happy to see these kinds of rumors. Hopefully this drives the price up and puts Fulham in a better financial position for the transfer window.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Bronaldinho

I'd love O'Hara at Fulham. As someone said, he's another Murphy. Great passing range, decent age and not only that but he'd cost nothing. We could provide that springboard for his career to restart again and he'd love to come back to London.

He was outstanding for Blackpool and getting him fit for a whole season, we'd benefit so much.

Great passing range and set piece expert too.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

JackyFulham90

Have to say Jamie O'Hara would be a decent pick up but am getting slightly concerned with all these free transfer signings

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 20, 2015, 11:00:13 PM
Have to say Jamie O'Hara would be a decent pick up but am getting slightly concerned with all these free transfer signings

Why? Decent frees with no money spent. We still need a left back two centre backs, two wingers and a striker. The more we save in some positions means we get to spend more in others

Wearethewhites

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on June 20, 2015, 11:58:10 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 20, 2015, 11:00:13 PM

Why? Decent frees with no money spent. We still need a left back two centre backs, two wingers and a striker. The more we save in some positions means we get to spend more in others

We'll have a budget of around 10 million to spend I reckon, and won't go stupid, that's why Rigg's at the Club. Like you say, we still need a left back, two centre backs, right winger now (Pringles on board) and a striker.

St. Andrews White

Don't forget a proper CDM, that's where we REALLY need to invest
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

colinwhite

We need a decent ,strong athletic ,defensive midfielder who can play . That would be my first signing.

westcliff white

Quote from: colinwhite on June 21, 2015, 08:03:21 AM
We need a decent ,strong athletic ,defensive midfielder who can play . That would be my first signing.
Would need to be our third now Colin
Every day is a Fulham day

JackyFulham90

Wearethewhites

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 21, 2015, 10:11:26 AM
Diagouraga from Brentford??

We'll be very hard pushed to temp any players away from Brentford, simply down down to the rivalry aspects. However, if we did, it's give us a bit of bragging rights.

HillingdonFFC

Hearing from a Bees mate Fulham going back with an improved offer for James Tarkowski?

cmg

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 21, 2015, 12:54:37 PM

We'll be very hard pushed to temp any players away from Brentford, simply down down to the rivalry aspects.

I don't think these matters, important as they are to supporters, effect footballers' choices in any way.
Maybe in Glasgow - but even then there are exceptions.

[Trivia question: Which player crossed the Old Firm divide (Rangers to Celtic) via Fulham?]

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: cmg on June 21, 2015, 01:45:48 PM

We'll be very hard pushed to temp any players away from Brentford, simply down down to the rivalry aspects.

I don't think these matters, important as they are to supporters, effect footballers' choices in any way.

[Trivia question: Which player crossed the Old Firm divide (Rangers to Celtic) via Fulham?]

I would add that it also probably only matters to a minority of supporters.

Several players have moved between the clubs: Jimmy Hill came from and John Fraser went to Brentford, for example, both only playing for those two clubs.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 21, 2015, 02:11:42 PM
Quote from: cmg

link=topic=47501.msg679649#msg679649 date=1434890748

Several players have moved between the clubs: Jimmy Hill came from and John Fraser went to Brentford, for example, both only playing for those two clubs.

Disagree, a lot of Fulham fans just dont realise how much Brentford despise us. Jimmy Hill, John Frazer donkeys year before the current rivalry occured.
Benham would incur a lot of heat from Brentford fans if any of their better players came to us, but hes a businessman so reckon he would sell if price was right .Think we would have to pay over the odds for any Brentford player though

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 21, 2015, 02:30:06 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 21, 2015, 02:11:42 PM
Quote from: cmg

link=topic=47501.msg679649#msg679649 date=1434890748

Disagree, a lot of Fulham fans just dont realise how much Brentford despise us. Jimmy Hill, John Frazer donkeys year before the current rivalry occured.
Benham would incur a lot of heat from Brentford fans if any of their better players came to us, but hes a businessman so reckon he would sell if price was right .Think we would have to pay over the odds for any Brentford player though

Who cares if they despise us? Try to rise above this juvenile nonsense.

The original point was that it would be difficult to tempt a player away. That would depend on relative prospects and wages and won't generally be affected by any rivalry.