The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelmo

Quote from: Jem on June 23, 2015, 11:14:03 AM
Quote from: MJG on June 22, 2015, 08:00:11 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 22, 2015, 07:55:32 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 22, 2015, 07:34:08 PM
According to some Twitter reports (as good as they are worth) Blackburn have rejected our approach for Cairney

Some people reporting that the deal was as good as done, closer than we think, fee and personal terms agreed. I hope this isn't egg on those peoples faces.
Too bloody right,  but more people reporting it's going through rather than it isn't. So at the moment egg stays in the box.
I don't see why anyone should have egg on their face. They are only relaying information they pick up and we all know nothing is guaranteed until it is on the offal!

Exactly. Im glad MJG gave us the info. At least it provided some minor excitement. I have no doubt that the source was good but sometimes these things just dont come off for whatever reason.

About a month ago I heard some info that came from a very good source at the club that a defender from Celta Vigo was having a medical at the club (didnt get the name of the player)... I didnt bother to relay the info here as I knew I would get slaughtered if it didn't come off. I believe the player in question ended up failing the medical so pretty glad I didnt say we were going to sign him at the time.

I guess the point is that I'd rather have people in the know not be afraid to share info on this board (as long as its not obviously made up) than just be in the dark. At least that way it gives us something interesting to talk about!

FPT

And god no to any loan of a young player this summer. Why neglect our own youth to develop someone else's so he can back and either contribute or earn them a few quid? I'd rather have Sean Kavanagh and Jordan Evans share the left back berth than loan someone in for the year only for him to walk away the next summer. Our club with our young players should not be looking at loaning any youngster - if we can get an experienced pro that's out of his team and we know can contribute (and possible join at the end) then great. But giving a spot that could be taken by one of our youngsters to someone who's only here for a year is ludicrous short-term business.

MJG

Quote from: jelmo on June 23, 2015, 11:40:14 AM
According to some Twitter reports (as good as they are worth) Blackburn have rejected our approach for Cairney

Some people reporting that the deal was as good as done, closer than we think, fee and personal terms agreed. I hope this isn't egg on those peoples faces.
Too bloody right,  but more people reporting it's going through rather than it isn't. So at the moment egg stays in the box.
I don't see why anyone should have egg on their face. They are only relaying information they pick up and we all know nothing is guaranteed until it is on the offal!

Exactly. Im glad MJG gave us the info. At least it provided some minor excitement. I have no doubt that the source was good but sometimes these things just dont come off for whatever reason.

About a month ago I heard some info that came from a very good source at the club that a defender from Celta Vigo was having a medical at the club (didnt get the name of the player)... I didnt bother to relay the info here as I knew I would get slaughtered if it didn't come off. I believe the player in question ended up failing the medical so pretty glad I didnt say we were going to sign him at the time.

I guess the point is that I'd rather have people in the know not be afraid to share info on this board (as long as its not obviously made up) than just be in the dark. At least that way it gives us something interesting to talk about!
Yep I know the player from spain you are on about.
My news on Cairney was solid, but now I'm not so sure. But like anything it will work its way out. Those who know me will see that Im not usually that positive a player is going to join unless I'm pretty sure.

westcliff white

Quote from: FPT on June 23, 2015, 11:42:14 AM
And god no to any loan of a young player this summer. Why neglect our own youth to develop someone else's so he can back and either contribute or earn them a few quid? I'd rather have Sean Kavanagh and Jordan Evans share the left back berth than loan someone in for the year only for him to walk away the next summer. Our club with our young players should not be looking at loaning any youngster - if we can get an experienced pro that's out of his team and we know can contribute (and possible join at the end) then great. But giving a spot that could be taken by one of our youngsters to someone who's only here for a year is ludicrous short-term business.
And what if Kav and Evans are not good enough and get slaughtered week in week out? Not saying they are not good enough, just hilighting an issue that could arise. Kav didn't overly impress me last season in midfield, I thought his covering back was a little weak, so it could for me be an issue to the team due to that. So doesn't it make sense if someone who is better and is available, be that loan or permanent, make sense? Also not saying this James lad is that player who is better as I have never seen him.
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on June 23, 2015, 11:50:23 AM

My news on Cairney was solid, but now I'm not so sure. But like anything it will work its way out. Those who know me will see that Im not usually that positive a player is going to join unless I'm pretty sure.
Given it has fallen thru who was the player

@jolslover

I heard this aswell ^^ About the Spanish player
STH H3

BestOfBrede

Quote from: FPT on June 23, 2015, 11:38:40 AM
Michu would be one hell of a gamble. Pretty much injured for two years with a tonne of ankle injuries and surgeries. £4m for a 29 year old striker whose career could well be winding down given these injury problems? No from me. Up top is where we least need to touch, £4m would be better spent bringing in a top quality centre back, that's some chunk of our budget.
Do you know for certain (not paper talk) what our budget is, please?

jelmo

Quote from: westcliff white on June 23, 2015, 11:53:58 AM

Given it has fallen thru who was the player

Wasnt told the name. Just that it was a defender from Celta Vigo and that the player would be a good edition to the team. Didnt push too much more for specifics. Inquired a week or so later as I hadn't heard anything re the signing. Seems the medical was failed. Bit unfortunate as I got the impression that I would be pleased with the signing!

Glad that we arent signing injured players anymore though! Dont want another Mitroglou situation!

FPT

Quote from: westcliff white on June 23, 2015, 11:53:11 AM
And what if Kav and Evans are not good enough and get slaughtered week in week out? Not saying they are not good enough, just hilighting an issue that could arise. Kav didn't overly impress me last season in midfield, I thought his covering back was a little weak, so it could for me be an issue to the team due to that. So doesn't it make sense if someone who is better and is available, be that loan or permanent, make sense? Also not saying this James lad is that player who is better as I have never seen him.

It's a fair point you raise, but the point is, I'd rather buy a left back or spend the year developing one of our talents rather than borrowing for a year that we'll never benefit from. I've seen people ask about Ruben Loftus-Cheek on here, but he'd be taking minutes from our own Emerson Hyndman, Patrick Bamford has also been mentioned, but he'd be used in place of Cauley Woodrow or Moussa Dembele.

The point isn't the quality, it's about the future of the football club and placing faith in our own young players. Would Reece James be the best option for us on a loan? I'd say, finalise the signing of Jazz Richards and play him at left back with Jack Grimmer at right back over bringing in a loanee. There's always options, and we shouldn't neglect our young players for another teams. Ben Davies received an opportunity after Neil Taylor got injured, didn't look back and signed for Tottenham.

It's good for no one to remove an opportunity and give it to someone who'll only be there temporarily. There are better things we can do than bring in players on loan.

FPT

Quote from: BestOfBrede on June 23, 2015, 12:14:55 PM
Michu would be one hell of a gamble. Pretty much injured for two years with a tonne of ankle injuries and surgeries. £4m for a 29 year old striker whose career could well be winding down given these injury problems? No from me. Up top is where we least need to touch, £4m would be better spent bringing in a top quality centre back, that's some chunk of our budget.

Educated guess. We could probably financially cope with £10m unanswered but next summer would be tight and limited (were we still to be a Championship side). I don't think we'll see many Championship sides spend £4m this summer, let alone on one player.

So no, I don't know for certain, but it's not hard to guess using basic footballing business. £4m on an injury prone 29 year old striker would be a large chunk of our budget, and it'd be ludicrous for you think that we could spend something like £20m without balancing our expenditure.

Ordar

Quote from: FPT on June 23, 2015, 05:20:24 PM

Educated guess. We could probably financially cope with £10m unanswered but next summer would be tight and limited (were we still to be a Championship side). I don't think we'll see many Championship sides spend £4m this summer, let alone on one player.

So no, I don't know for certain, but it's not hard to guess using basic footballing business. £4m on an injury prone 29 year old striker would be a large chunk of our budget, and it'd be ludicrous for you think that we could spend something like £20m without balancing our expenditure.

I would be surprised if most championship sides didnt make a real effort to get promoted this season with the PL money going up so dramatically in 16/17 season.

Its going to be near impossible to stay up in the PL after that season as the financial gap will be even more ridiculous. (club finishing bottom will get 100m or something like that)

BestOfBrede

Actually, I didn't say an amount?
Anyway, if we don't spend we won't get promotion. We are 'apparently', according to most posts, looking to buy or take free championship 'experience' at the expense of anyone on more than a fiver a week (ok I exaggerate). If this is the case we could have a stable championship team. If we then managed to up we would have to start from scratch again! Then back down we will most likely come!
I think we are on a road to nowhere unfortunately!

YoungsBitter

Is there any word on James Husband? I think most of us were impressed with him and would have liked to have him permanently, subject to price etc. I suppose with Boro missing out on promotion things are up in there, I had assumed if they went up we could have made the Amorebieta swap with Husband permanent. Is that still an option, any rumor or knowledge out there?
Quark, strangeness and charm

westcliff white

Apparently the rumour is that Friend is leaving so they want to keep Husband

YoungsBitter

Makes sense then that it has been silent on him. Thanks!
Quark, strangeness and charm

Wearethewhites

Quote from: westcliff white on June 23, 2015, 06:43:10 PM
Apparently the rumour is that Friend is leaving so they want to keep Husband

Aston Villa bound

FulhamStu

Quote from: FPT on June 23, 2015, 05:14:55 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 23, 2015, 11:53:11 AM

It's a fair point you raise, but the point is, I'd rather buy a left back or spend the year developing one of our talents rather than borrowing for a year that we'll never benefit from. I've seen people ask about Ruben Loftus-Cheek on here, but he'd be taking minutes from our own Emerson Hyndman, Patrick Bamford has also been mentioned, but he'd be used in place of Cauley Woodrow or Moussa Dembele.

The point isn't the quality, it's about the future of the football club and placing faith in our own young players. Would Reece James be the best option for us on a loan? I'd say, finalise the signing of Jazz Richards and play him at left back with Jack Grimmer at right back over bringing in a loanee. There's always options, and we shouldn't neglect our young players for another teams. Ben Davies received an opportunity after Neil Taylor got injured, didn't look back and signed for Tottenham.

It's good for no one to remove an opportunity and give it to someone who'll only be there temporarily. There are better things we can do than bring in players on loan.
I was with you until you said play Jazz Richards at left back.  That would be the Jazz Richards that can't kick with his left foot !!!   Surely there are plenty of genuine left backs we can look at other than the Man U kid and Jazz sideways pass Richards.

FulhamStu

Quote from: BestOfBrede on June 23, 2015, 06:32:23 PM

Actually, I didn't say an amount?
Anyway, if we don't spend we won't get promotion. We are 'apparently', according to most posts, looking to buy or take free championship 'experience' at the expense of anyone on more than a fiver a week (ok I exaggerate). If this is the case we could have a stable championship team. If we then managed to up we would have to start from scratch again! Then back down we will most likely come!
I think we are on a road to nowhere unfortunately!
Thats not quite right is it.  We are looking at the age group 22-27, that would mean players that can improve.  Players like Barry Hayles, Sean Davis, Steve Finnan, shall I go on - think they did ok in the top division.

twang

Rosenior has signed for Brighton. Have to say I would have liked to see him back here.

mike_corkcity12

Our Dembele has posted a positive message on instagram. A photo of him scoring for us and caption of "can't wait for next season".

The same twitter source who broke the Byrne deal also said Dembele was joining Everton on July 1st. Think we can discount both of those rumours as both came from same "source".