more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rweller86

Quote from: Yonderwhite on June 29, 2015, 02:48:50 PM
Jamie O'Hara training with us according to the official Fulham page. Decent signing if we get him in my books.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/29/pre-season-begins

Just saw that too. Nothing official though... cock up from the website team?
@rweller

Craven Mad

Jamie O'Hara training with us according to the official Fulham page. Decent signing if we get him in my books.

Very interesting!

Thanks for posting that.

Surprised it hasn't been picked up by SSN - O'Hara has enough of a media presence for it to warrant a mention on the transfer centre on what's been a slow day so far.

westcliff white

appears in two of the photos too
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 29, 2015, 02:49:29 PM

This is the ONLY tweet to say it had been accepted and is a few days old with no collaboration. So doubt it as solid.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 29, 2015, 02:59:43 PM

Bloody hell Roberts actually looks like hes beefed up a bit, doesn't look like a 15 yr old anymore

westcliff white

Having o'Hara with us does that mean maybe we are not interested in McDonald?

As someone said on another thread, Roberts looks like he has beefed up a little, he also seems to be quite happy, but then pictures are hard to read what one thinks.

Ordar

Well McDonald is a defensive midfielder to my knowledge and O'Hara is a creative playmaker, so I would assume they wouldnt have any baring on one another.

What it does mean though is we seem to have about a million midfielders on the books currently:

Cairney
Pringle
Parker
Kaca
Tunnicliffe
LVC
Hyndman
Eisfeld
Roberts
Williams

O'Hara

Surely we must be loaning/selling a couple of those

jelmo

Quote from: westcliff white on June 29, 2015, 03:13:24 PM
Having o'Hara with us does that mean maybe we are not interested in McDonald?

As someone said on another thread, Roberts looks like he has beefed up a little, he also seems to be quite happy, but then pictures are hard to read what one thinks.

Maybe we can accommodate both and send Parker out on loan perhaps???

Parker's legs have gone and he has just had a surgery on his ankle I believe. If we can loan him out and reduce our wage bill (will probably still have to pay 50% of his wages) then we can bring in McDonald too... Wishful thinking..

St. Andrews White

But is it just me that thinks that Pringle seems a little, well, tubby for pre-season...
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

westcliff white

Quote from: Ordar on June 29, 2015, 03:19:58 PM
Well McDonald is a defensive midfielder to my knowledge and O'Hara is a creative playmaker, so I would assume they wouldnt have any baring on one another.

What it does mean though is we seem to have about a million midfielders on the books currently:

Cairney
Pringle
Parker
Kaca
Tunnicliffe
LVC
Hyndman
Eisfeld
Roberts
Williams

O'Hara

Agree we have a lot, wasn't sure where Mcdonald played in the midfield, but if DM then surely a lot of his passes would have been short and/or backwards so maybe the stats are not as good as they look?

MJG

Cairney
Pringle
Parker
Kaca
Tunnicliffe
LVC
Hyndman
Eisfeld
Roberts
Williams

O'Hara

If you work on the basis you want two players for each position and we may be changing formation, then we need ten of them for midfield and wide positions.

God The Mechanic

Cairney
Pringle
Parker
Kaca
Tunnicliffe
LVC
Hyndman
Eisfeld
Roberts
Williams

O'Hara

Williams is out long term, Parker is VERY short term, Eisfeld likely doesn't have a future, I hope Tunnicliffe goes, LVC/Hyndman should be competing for a full season between them, Kaca needs to prove himself big time.

MJG

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 29, 2015, 03:29:42 PM

Cairney
Pringle
Parker
Kaca
Tunnicliffe
LVC
Hyndman
Eisfeld
Roberts
Williams

O'Hara

Williams is out long term, Parker is VERY short term, Eisfeld likely doesn't have a future, I hope Tunnicliffe goes, LVC/Hyndman should be competing for a full season between them, Kaca needs to prove himself big time.
Williams is actually ahead of schedule on his fitness, may miss the first few of weeks but working hard.

EDIT: Oh and LVC should not be competing with anyone, he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

St. Andrews White

If we play a 3-man midfield with two wide-men, then that's actually not too many midfielders.
Yes I assume we might loan or sell a couple, but I still think we could do with another wideman and McDonald as CDM.

Although our defence was shocking last season, a significant part of that was down to the lack of cover provided by our midfield. Whenever the opposition attacked, they would very quickly bypass our CMs, and with no cover from the 'wingers' (I use the term loosely as we used four full backs rather than actual wingers most of the time) our full-backs were also under a lot of strain.

As a result, it's the midfield we need to strengthen first, and then move onto which points of our defence are so weak and need replacing/upgrading.
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: MJG on June 29, 2015, 03:30:50 PM

Cairney
Pringle
Parker
Kaca
Tunnicliffe
LVC
Hyndman
Eisfeld
Roberts
Williams

O'Hara

Williams is actually ahead of schedule on his fitness, may miss the first few of weeks but working hard.

EDIT: Oh and LVC should not be competing with anyone, he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

It'll still likely take him a good few weeks to get up to match fitness considering the type of injury though.

MJG

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 29, 2015, 03:34:48 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 29, 2015, 03:30:50 PM

Cairney
Pringle
Parker
Kaca
Tunnicliffe
LVC
Hyndman
Eisfeld
Roberts
Williams

O'Hara

It'll still likely take him a good few weeks to get up to match fitness considering the type of injury though.
Of course, but will be back playing in September at this rate.

Craven Mad

I can only think we'd be allowing O'Hara to train if we're intending to offer him a deal [provided he performs adequately in the training sessions].

As both he and Cairney are left-footed and creative CMs, I imagine the plan is to shift Cairney higher up the pitch to play CAM (a position he prefers), O'Hara and McDonald (or Parker if he doesn't sign) in LCM and RCM respectively, and Pringle and LVC at LAM and RAM respectively.

So we'd look something like:

Betts
RB   RCB   LCB   LB
  McDonald O'Hara
Lasse Cairney Pringle
           Ross

I'd be pretty happy with that as a starting formation. Could then bring on another striker for an attacking midfielder if Plan A ain't working.

Ordar

Although I like the 4231 formation, I'm not convinced Ross can effectively play on his own up front, especially as he likes to come deep. (Think I mentioned this before)

Striker wise we currently on the books:

McCormack,
Smith,
Dembele,
Woodrow,
Ruiz,
Taggart,
Mitroglou

So its pretty crowded in that department aswell (I realise that Ruiz and Mitroglou probably wont stay)