more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Bracken White on July 01, 2015, 06:34:05 PM
Arthurworrey has signed a 1-yr extension to his contract & has been loaned back out to Yeovil.

Never really have seen the point in this kind of deal, at least from the clubs perspective. Sign him for a yr and then send him on loan for a yr?? It's either yes you believe in him or no you don't. This reads like "no" but hedging somehow.

I'd be happy if someone could put a nice positive spin on this one.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 01, 2015, 10:51:12 PM
Arthurworrey has signed a 1-yr extension to his contract & has been loaned back out to Yeovil.

Never really have seen the point in this kind of deal, at least from the clubs perspective. Sign him for a yr and then send him on loan for a yr?? It's either yes you believe in him or no you don't. This reads like "no" but hedging somehow.

Given his age as long as we offer a contract we are due compensation even if says no and goes elsewhere.

God The Mechanic

LVC is apparently expected to sign a new contract - according to some guy from The Sun.

rusty shackleford

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on July 01, 2015, 11:07:27 PM

Given his age as long as we offer a contract we are due compensation even if says no and goes elsewhere.

I see. Still, understanding that money is money, seems a lot of effort to back able to claim a couple hundred grand. Couldn't be much more than that could it?

I still say that if you believe in the kid sign him to a better contract. If all you aspire to get from him is compensation for "losing" a youth player, seems better to let him leave. Know that doesn't make a lot of business sense though.

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 02, 2015, 03:13:32 PM

I see. Still, understanding that money is money, seems a lot of effort to back able to claim a couple hundred grand. Couldn't be much more than that could it?

I still say that if you believe in the kid sign him to a better contract. If all you aspire to get from him is compensation for "losing" a youth player, seems better to let him leave. Know that doesn't make a lot of business sense though.
Might be just a case of 'just not sure' about him. And having watched him for a while I understand that.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on July 02, 2015, 03:40:48 PM

Might be just a case of 'just not sure' about him. And having watched him for a while I understand that.

Fair enough  Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

Without spilling names of course, do you know of any negotiations w new players that progressing well?

Or perhaps if there are negotiations for new deals w Hyndman, Roberts, Dembele? How would you characterize our situations with them? Maybe I'm asking you to reveal too much. Understandable if so. I'm just getting greedy with this transfer window. All seems to be going so well for us atm.

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 02, 2015, 03:52:35 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 02, 2015, 03:40:48 PM

Fair enough  Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

Without spilling names of course, do you know of any negotiations w new players that progressing well?

Or perhaps if there are negotiations for new deals w Hyndman, Roberts, Dembele? How would you characterize our situations with them? Maybe I'm asking you to reveal too much. Understandable if so. I'm just getting greedy with this transfer window. All seems to be going so well for us atm.
Offers are there, Hyndman has been away but I think is back for the tour so I'd expect them to sign soon, and LVC as well.

As for other signings, put it this way, If you follow me on twitter you know I do a contract list of players, I'm not updating for a day or two.

McBride78

Extension on LVC and Hyndman would be as important as a new signing.  Anyone hearing anything on more defenders? 

Craven Mad

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/02/brighton-rejects-fulhams-new-bid-for-dunk/

Brighton rejects Fulham's new bid for Dunk

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club that Brighton Hove and Albion have rejected a second bid from Fulham for defender Lewis Dunk.

As revealed by HITC Sport last month, Fulham had launched a bid for Dunk as they look to bolster their central defensive options for next season.

Dunk is regarded as one of the best young defenders in the country after catching the eye for Brighton last season with a number of stellar performances.

A host of Premier League and Championship clubs are thought to be interested in Dunk, but Fulham are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by luring him to Craven Cottage.

Fulham are understood to have increased their offer to £3 million after seeing a £2.5 million bid for Dunk rejected last month

SEE ALSO: Fulham rival Derby with defender bid

However, Brighton have rejected the improved offer as Seagulls boss Chris Hughton is determined to keep hold of Dunk for next season.

It remains to be seen if Fulham come back with a new improved bid for Dunk to try and lure the 23-year-old to West London

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 02, 2015, 09:39:13 PM

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club that Brighton Hove and Albion have rejected a second bid from Fulham for defender Lewis Dunk.

As revealed by HITC Sport last month, Fulham had launched a bid for Dunk as they look to bolster their central defensive options for next season.

Dunk is regarded as one of the best young defenders in the country after catching the eye for Brighton last season with a number of stellar performances.

A host of Premier League and Championship clubs are thought to be interested in Dunk, but Fulham are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by luring him to Craven Cottage.

Fulham are understood to have increased their offer to £3 million after seeing a £2.5 million bid for Dunk rejected last month

However, Brighton have rejected the improved offer as Seagulls boss Chris Hughton is determined to keep hold of Dunk for next season.

It remains to be seen if Fulham come back with a new improved bid for Dunk to try and lure the 23-year-old to West London
cant help but think dunk is one of those where you just go in at what they want for him. meet there price and get it done
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

mike_corkcity12

Still have to get Hyndman, Dembele and Betts new deals.

Ordar

If we want Dunk, (and we should) we need to make a better offer than that. I cannot see them selling for less than 5m. I would think that a few bottom end Premiership teams will be in for him

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2015, 10:08:07 PM

cant help but think dunk is one of those where you just go in at what they want for him. meet there price and get it done

Yep totally agree. Just had a nose on Brighton messageboard, apparently they want £5m, they're saying if Mings was £8m Dunk not far off that.
Desperate for a good centre half,reckon we should go 4m   also according to Wolves Stearman not happy with his new contract offer

Sgt Fulham

If we got a new left back, signed Turner and Dunk we may have a half-decent defence for the first time in a while.

DevonFFC

Fulham 2-1 to sign dunk

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rhys Lightning 63

If we do sign Dunk, I pray that the club don't use the phrase 'Slam Dunk' as the headline of the match report if ever he scores the winner
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Wearethewhites

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 02, 2015, 10:42:43 PM

Yep totally agree. Just had a nose on Brighton messageboard, apparently they want £5m, they're saying if Mings was £8m Dunk not far off that.
Desperate for a good centre half,reckon we should go 4m   also according to Wolves Stearman not happy with his new contract offer

Mings went to a Premiership Club. If he went to a Championship Club, his value would be nowhere near 8 million, 5 at a push if he's as special as some say. That being the case, Dunk is not worth any more than say 3.5, maybe 3.75 tops. Brighton fans are somewhat deluded, they're Brighton not Barcelona.

Chesh

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 02, 2015, 10:42:43 PM

If I was Rigg I'd say 5 mill, take it or leave it...
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Southdowns White

Some of my Brighton supporting friends say he is good but always makes an obvious mistake in every game. 4  million will get him + add ons, Brighton want the money.