watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Andrews White

Roberts now linked with PSG. Seems everyone wants him...

Rumour courtesy of Sky Sports Transfer Centre
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

spikey norman

Quote from: Yonderwhite on July 04, 2015, 12:21:10 PM
Roberts now linked with PSG. Seems everyone wants him...

Rumour courtesy of Sky Sports Transfer Centre
and could go to them for as little as £300,000 according to the Mail

Wearethewhites

Roumor has it, that Boro are going to offer Ipswich Husband as part of the Murphy deal. Player + cash

Craven Mad

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 04, 2015, 02:36:04 PM
Rumour has it, that Boro are going to offer Ipswich Husband as part of the Murphy deal. Player + cash

Would make sense after Mings left, but it'd still require Husband to agree to the move. Can't help but think we could try to tempt him back here and get Boro to sell by offering Amore in exchange..

Not offence to Ipswich, but we're surely the more appealing team for next season (particularly if they lose Murphy, we're definitely looking the more likely to get promoted).

Please Rigg, try to make this one happen. Husband's young, English and easily the best LB I've seen play for us in years!

Friendsoffulham

Fulham set to sign Villa defender

Aston Villa defender Joe Bennett is close to signing for Championship side Fulham in a search for first team football.

Bennett signed for Villa from Middlesbrough in 2012 and called the move "a dream come true".  However his career at Villa Park never took off and after only 30 appearances, he looks set to leave.

The left back spent last season on loan at Brighton & Hove Albion and played more regularly, making 22 appearances and scoring 1 goal.  However he failed to impress during this spell, a disappointing season for Brighton, and returned to Villa.

Fulham have made a statement of intent thus far in the transfer window, signing midfielder Tom Cairney from rivals Blackburn Rovers along with Jazz Richards from Premier League Swansea and Ben Pringle and Andy Lonergan on free transfers.  The addition of Joe Bennett, another player with Premier League experience, would no doubt help them in their quest to return to the Premier League.

http://the72.co.uk/30366/fulham-set-to-sign-villa-defender/

JackyFulham90

Would be very happy with Joe Bennett would be a solid signing

Friendsoffulham

Ruiz set for Sporting medical on Monday

Bryan Ruiz is set to have a medical on Monday ahead of his proposed move to Sporting Lisbon, according to reports from Portugal this evening.

The Fulham playmaker, whose contract was extended last month for the purpose of trying to secure a fee for his services, is currently preparing for the start of the Gold Cup with his Costa Rican team-mates. Fulham and Sporting have agreed a fee – believed to be in the region of €2 million - for Ruiz, who has spoken favourably about the prospect of joining the Portuguese side.

Ruiz, who was close to leaving Fulham in the January transfer window, could never quite replicate the form with FC Twente that persuaded Fulham to part with around £11m for his services at Craven Cottage. The Costa Rican captain scored thirteen goals in 107 appearances during his four years with the club.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/07/ruiz-set-for-sporting-medical-on-monday/

JackyFulham90

Got a feeling we won't end up with Lewis Dunk. Think the CB who will join Fulham will be Tarkowski

fulhamben

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 05, 2015, 12:43:55 AM
Got a feeling we won't end up with Lewis Dunk. Think the CB who will join Fulham will be Tarkowski
anything in that or just a gut feeling
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FPT

I think Tom Lees is the best centre back we've been linked with, followed by Richard Stearman for maturity and reliability over Lewis Dunk, and James Tarkowski at the back, though the lines are slim. Tomorrow I actually plan to watch the 4-1 loss to Brentford (eh) for Tarkowski specifically, I too feel that this is the move we'll make.

I also plan to watch our Wolves games for Kevin McDonald and Brighton for Joe Bennett. I don't really need to watch the Wolves games as I feel I know what McDonald is all about, but hey, why not? Bennett's the one made me want to watch these games back - as for Aston Villa I can only recall him being awful.

I'm an unemployed student on my summer holiday, I have bags of time!

spikey norman

Quote from: FPT on July 05, 2015, 01:49:04 AM
I think Tom Lees is the best centre back we've been linked with, followed by Richard Stearman for maturity and reliability over Lewis Dunk, and James Tarkowski at the back, though the lines are slim. Tomorrow I actually plan to watch the 4-1 loss to Brentford (eh) for Tarkowski specifically, I too feel that this is the move we'll make.

I also plan to watch our Wolves games for Kevin McDonald and Brighton for Joe Bennett. I don't really need to watch the Wolves games as I feel I know what McDonald is all about, but hey, why not? Bennett's the one made me want to watch these games back - as for Aston Villa I can only recall him being awful.

Will be interesting to hear your opinion of Joe Bennett as I can't remember much about him when Brighton played us.A couple of Brighton friends I spoke to were not overly impressed with Bennett and were not disappointed that he went back to Villa.They are on the other hand really excited about the new left back they have signed from Wigan , Gaetan Bong, who they think is far superior to Bennett.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 05, 2015, 12:43:55 AM

All betting has been suspended on Tarkowski

@jolslover

The opinion i've had from many Brighton fans on Joe Bennett is that he was decent going forward, but poor defensively

I personally would be happy with Joe Bennett as I think hes a decent player. If we get him, we are just in need of a CB DM and possibly a Winger and I believe we are finished for the summer
STH H3

Nero

Quote from: FPT on July 05, 2015, 01:49:04 AM

why not see if you can find a brentford v brighton game and save yourself some time and get yourself a summer job to help payoff your student loan.

i could be the next martin lewis

Craven Mad

Quote from: @jolslover on July 05, 2015, 11:17:47 AM
The opinion i've had from many Brighton fans on Joe Bennett is that he was decent going forward, but poor defensively

I personally would be happy with Joe Bennett as I think hes a decent player. If we get him, we are just in need of a CB DM and possibly a Winger and I believe we are finished for the summer

A defender that can't defend - sounds like he'd fit right in...

Not massively excited about this one, but don't know enough about him to make too many comments.

I just hope we aren't relying on the fullbacks as much for width next year; they're needed to defend (unless we get in some really quick/mobile CBs).

St. Andrews White

O'Hara apparently having a medical.

Seemed like an obvious move as he was training with us, hopefully it will be wrapped up soon.
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Yonderwhite on July 05, 2015, 01:58:40 PM
O'Hara apparently having a medical.

Seemed like an obvious move as he was training with us, hopefully it will be wrapped up soon.

Good addition to squad if he stays fit, sober and behaves like a pro.
If we go by the maxim of 2 players for each position ....... Understudy for LVC in no 10 role?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

McBride78

Watched some video from last season on Pringle and Cairney....must say the midfield is shaping up when it comes to creativity.  I believe these are both positive signings...especially like what I see in Cairney.  Ross should benefit greatly from having consistent creativity on the pitch.  If O'Hara is on a free it is an acceptable risk as we have enough options now that if he pans out, it is good.  If not, LVC, Hyndman, Cairney, Parker, Tunni, are not a bad group in central mid.  I don't think we will have to have Ross drop back near as much to get the ball....we should be able to free him up to be on the end of service instead of having to facilitate and create the service. 

DevonFFC

Ohara  been offered a 2 hear deal

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Bronaldinho

Quote from: ollienixs on July 05, 2015, 07:30:39 PM
Ohara  been offered a 2 hear deal

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If true, great move.

Amazing passing range and he will relish the chance to move back to London.

Outstanding for Blackpool.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com