Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 11:07:34 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 09, 2015, 10:09:01 AM
Quote from: alexbishop on July 09, 2015, 08:36:34 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 09, 2015, 06:04:33 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 09, 2015, 05:56:54 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 08, 2015, 10:11:35 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on July 08, 2015, 10:09:30 AM
Just our of interest, Dunk does seem similar to Burn.  Why is Dunk so much better than Burn ?
because he hasnt had his defensive ability coached out of him by kit ;)

How sad you are.

:plus one: I was beginning to think I was the only one that saw Ben as he is.

Think that's a bit personal for a internet forum! Let's play nice...

OK fine, I retract my comment, it was too personal.  I just get fed up with Ben using every opportunity to take a dig at Kit even when it bears no relevance to teh topic under discussion.  It seems to be obsessive.
actually that one did, and as it happens I haven't started one kit out thread yet. But hey let's blindly believe that kits management has no bearing on it and it was all down to the players. Still we will have a shiny new back 4 come the start of the season. Oh wait no we won't, cos our only defensive signing so far was here last season Ashwell.still we can hope that the 2 months without competitive football will make us better

Sorry but what has all that got to do with what we were discussing?

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 08:50:52 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 09, 2015, 08:46:41 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 08:42:53 PM
Quote from: Jonnoj on July 09, 2015, 08:34:05 PMSmacks of tony Khan this one
havent they all?
No
3 midfielders in the top ten of assists, thats tonys domain
So you reckon any player outside that is a scout then and not The analysis team?
Not the fact that for a start Pringle was the best player in both the games we played against Rotherham and we might get him also based on that?

Things are just not as black and white as you would like(and I'm not just talking about the scouting and signings ) it's a combination of people and inputs that lead to a player joining, not just one man saying buy him. Although I know the conspiracy theorists out there want it that way so they have someone to blame.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on July 09, 2015, 08:56:54 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 08:50:52 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 09, 2015, 08:46:41 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 08:42:53 PM
Quote from: Jonnoj on July 09, 2015, 08:34:05 PM
Smacks of tony Khan this one
havent they all?
No
3 midfielders in the top ten of assists, thats tonys domain
So you reckon any player outside that is a scout then and not The analysis team?
Not the fact that for a start Pringle was the best player in both the games we played against Rotherham and we might get him also based on that?

Things are just not as black and white as you would like(and I'm not just talking about the scouting and signings ) it's a combination of people and inputs that lead to a player joining, not just one man saying buy him. Although I know the conspiracy theorists out there want it that way so they have someone to blame.
if we are buying players based on what they did against us then god help us as we made every team look like barcelona.

YankeeJim

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 08:19:28 AM
Just our of interest, Dunk does seem similar to Burn.  Why is Dunk so much better than Burn ?

How sad you are.

which is?

Consistently finding fault with all things Fulham.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

fulhamben

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 09, 2015, 09:14:19 PM

How sad you are.

which is?

not all things, just the poor bits.

Jonnoj

I was actually not being critical by saying it smacks of Khan.
It's just a bit left field compared to our other dealings and rumoured dealings this summer. He's a Brazilian, late twenties and plays in Sweden. So quite unlike any other links.
For that reason I'm wondering whether Tony Khan or his team may have unearthed him from say outstanding defensive stats at his current club.
Which would be fine for me.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on July 09, 2015, 10:54:33 PM
Groningen us a Dutch club
they qualified for europe too, so would be a massive step down for him, although we could probably match or better his wages

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 10:57:31 PM
they qualified for europe too, so would be a massive step down for him, although we could probably match or better his wages
My point was jonnoj said he plays in Sweden

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on July 09, 2015, 11:00:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 10:57:31 PM
My point was jonnoj said he plays in Sweden
yes i was just throwing out some other info too

PeterFFC

Apparently he is supposed to be very good and one of the best in their league so it would be unlikely he'd join.

YankeeJim

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 09:20:35 PM

How sad you are.

which is?

Fair enough.
What are the good bits, in your opinion?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FPT

The Eric Botteghin rumours are interesting for, defenders from Holland are few and far between in terms of real defensive quality. Some recent centre backs have done really when from the Eredivise such as Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld and Virgil van Dijk - it's certainly a different mould also to those we've been linked with, he has no Championship background and is nearly 28, but he matches the profile (seemingly in statistics and style). How his statistics translate to the Championship, you only really know once you do it.

I've watched a couple of packages on him, and although just highlights, he seems to be up for a physical battle, happy to go with the striker to get the ball - wins a lot of battles in the air, nice passing range.

Not much more I can say about him really, and not a lot of substance to it. Seems to be highly rated in Holland, and had interest from English, Spanish and Italian teams as well.

Twig

How sad you are.

which is?

Which in your case is everything.

I do not believe in blind optimism or completely unconditional support but I do happen to think that supporters should get behind their team, the clue is in the word.
I really wonder whether you are a perpetual troll?  I recall in a recent discussion of a potential signing of a defender you said that he would be OK until "Kit coached his ability out of him" or words to that effect.  It is that sort of bile,  cynicism and hatred of a decent man that leads me to suggest you push off and take your "support" elsewhere.  If you think your comments are witty or clever then let me tell you they are not.
And before anyone accuses me of getting personal, I am only following Ben who has taken personal criticism of our manager to new heights.

FulhamStu

There are some silly comment on here today.  Recruiting players is clearly carried out using all sorts of techniques.  Sure, the Tony Khan stats are a new one that I am sure we will have used, so will be personal observations in games v ourselves, normal scouting and of course plenty of background research.  I can't imagine anyone with a little bit of intellegence will not understand this, so my conclusion to some of the posts is that you are just after a bit of a ruck on-line.   Always makes me think how people act one way behind a keyboard and I suspect very differently in a face to face situation.  I try and come across as I would if I met you in person.

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on July 10, 2015, 06:39:08 AM

How sad you are.

which is?

I do not believe in blind optimism or completely unconditional support but I do happen to think that supporters should get behind their team, the clue is in the word.
I really wonder whether you are a perpetual troll?  I recall in a recent discussion of a potential signing of a defender you said that he would be OK until "Kit coached his ability out of him" or words to that effect.  It is that sort of bile,  cynicism and hatred of a decent man that leads me to suggest you push off and take your "support" elsewhere.  If you think your comments are witty or clever then let me tell you they are not.
And before anyone accuses me of getting personal, I am only following Ben who has taken personal criticism of our manager to new heights.
wow, you have a great memory recalling something that happened only yesterday. shame you didnt see the wink in the post suggesting it was a joke. and telling people to support another club just shows what kind of a dick you are. and i have stated many times that i dont hate kit, its just i hate that he has been giving another chance as our manager, much the same as when the majority got on ruiz back. and the club has given us two of the worst seasons in decades so yes i will critisize it, but dont confuse that for lack of support when it matters. now jog on twiggy

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: fulhamben on July 10, 2015, 08:36:19 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 10, 2015, 06:39:08 AM

How sad you are.

which is?

wow, you have a great memory recalling something that happened only yesterday. shame you didnt see the wink in the post suggesting it was a joke. and telling people to support another club just shows what kind of a dick you are. and i have stated many times that i dont hate kit, its just i hate that he has been giving another chance as our manager, much the same as when the majority got on ruiz back. and the club has given us two of the worst seasons in decades so yes i will critisize it, but dont confuse that for lack of support when it matters. now jog on twiggy

This is all a bit serious for a thread that supposedly silly....
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

westcliff white

people will have their views on the club, overall the club will do some things well and some things bad, that is down to everyone's own perception and views on how things should and shouldn't be done.

Can we please get this thread back on topic rather than discussing one persons views and another's opposite views.

thanks guys

cmg

Quote from: FPT on July 10, 2015, 12:47:17 AM
The Eric Botteghin rumours are interesting for, defenders from Holland are few and far between in terms of real defensive quality. Some recent centre backs have done really when from the Eredivise such as Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld and Virgil van Dijk - it's certainly a different mould also to those we've been linked with, he has no Championship background and is nearly 28, but he matches the profile (seemingly in statistics and style). How his statistics translate to the Championship, you only really know once you do it.

Yes. I'm a bit suspicious of CBs from the Eredivisie for the same reason as I am now suspicious of 24-goal forwards from the same source.