more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 14, 2015, 09:52:52 AM
Roberto Martinez has just said he intends to let Luke Garbutt (England U21 LB) head out on loan. He'd prefer a Premier League club, but the primary objective is to get him the most playing time.

We should definitely be looking at him! Could be the solution to our LB problem...

We need someone with more experience. We have U 21´s of our own.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Craven Mad

Quote from: grandad on July 14, 2015, 10:24:53 AM
Roberto Martinez has just said he intends to let Luke Garbutt (England U21 LB) head out on loan. He'd prefer a Premier League club, but the primary objective is to get him the most playing time.

We should definitely be looking at him! Could be the solution to our LB problem...
We need someone with more experience. We have U 21s of our own.

To an extent I agree, but Garbutt has progressed a lot further than most of our youngsters, has deputised Leighton Baines (arguably the best LB in England for the past 5 years) and (particularly on loan) won't cost a heap.

I'd rather we buy Husband, but I'm not sure how receptive Boro are to that deal, and the only other LB we've been linked with didn't seem to do so great in the Championship last season with Brighton... Maybe I'm not thinking hard enough, but the list of young English LBs with the ability to help us get promoted, who would be available to join us, doesn't seem that long...

I think Garbutt is worth a shout, but can see the argument that another season loaning someone else's LB isn't ideal.

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 14, 2015, 10:40:11 AM

To an extent I agree, but Garbutt has progressed a lot further than most of our youngsters, has deputised Leighton Baines (arguably the best LB in England for the past 5 years) and (particularly on loan) won't cost a heap.

I'd rather we buy Husband, but I'm not sure how receptive Boro are to that deal, and the only other LB we've been linked with didn't seem to do so great in the Championship last season with Brighton... Maybe I'm not thinking hard enough, but the list of young English LBs with the ability to help us get promoted, who would be available to join us, doesn't seem that long...

I think Garbutt is worth a shout, but can see the argument that another season loaning someone else's LB isn't ideal.
why does he have to be english and young?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FulhamStu

We all agree its our defence that needs improving.  Bodurov is an experienced player however has not had a lot of football in this country and there are question marks about his english.   The other defenders (assuming Amor is off) are all young, Burn/Hutch have had a fair few games, however are early 20s, Grimmer is still an under 21 as is Kav.  Surely this means we need Experience.  Turner gave us that last season, maybe not quite the standard we would like, however I would be looking at an experienced central defender and an experienced left back.  All the players we have been linked with apart from Stearman as relatively inexperienced and young and I understand they meet the profile of player we are trying to recruit.  I think we need to go back and get Stearman, or someone similar.  He was Wolves capt last season and a good offer to him and Wolves may do it.   Wolves clearly don't want to lose him, which can equally be said for the other players we are trying to recruit.  This is such a crucial position to fill that it may be worth paying a bit over the odds.

Craven Mad

Quote from: fulhamben on July 14, 2015, 10:58:12 AM

Looking at 99% of our targets, they generally fit that criteria (or at least British).

I think because Kit wants players who can gel quickly to the Championship and are similar to our current bunch, that seems to be the general type targeted this window.

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 14, 2015, 11:04:01 AM

Looking at 99% of our targets, they generally fit that criteria (or at least British).

I think because Kit wants players who can gel quickly to the Championship and are similar to our current bunch, that seems to be the general type targeted this window.
wouldnt that rule garbutt out then as i dont think he has any championship experience and only 4 caps for everton

Craven Mad

Quote from: fulhamben on July 14, 2015, 11:13:25 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 14, 2015, 11:04:01 AM

wouldnt that rule garbutt out then as i dont think he has any championship experience and only 4 caps for everton

But I never said anything about Championship experience?

Being young and English (British) is more about a similar personal and cultural mindset and lack of language and geographical barriers - listen to Kit's interviews and those seems to be important qualities to him right now.

Championship experience is useful for gauging the probability of success (hence why I'd rather Husband, as we can more readily assess his likelihood of success based upon last year) but it's not the be-all and end-all. While younger, Luke had season-long loan spells to L1 and L2 clubs and averaged either a goal or assist every 1 in 3 games - not bad for an LB who's strongest attribute is his defensive ability. He's developed since then but really needs a season to push-on, out of the shadow of Leighton Baines at Everton.

If you've actually seen Luke play you can spot his ability a mile off. I don't think he's ready to be relied upon as a starter for the Premiership yet, but a whoever gets him in the Championship will be very fortunate.

Friendsoffulham

15 Jul 2015 13:33:52
After all the huffing and puffing,Fulham up
offer for Wed's Tom Lees.
Bunny Rabbit

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 15, 2015, 05:30:43 PM
Bunny Rabbit

Funny. I would've expected a rumor like this to come from The Big Bad Wolf.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 15, 2015, 05:49:58 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 15, 2015, 05:30:43 PM
Bunny Rabbit

Funny. I would've expected a rumor like this to come from The Big Bad Wolf.

Brilliant...

ToodlesMcToot

Josh Passley has signed with Lge 2's Dagenham.

Also, the twitter rumors have jumped back up for Lewis Dunk. Several saying that he is having his medical at Motspur today. Fee agreed. 4.5 million.

Friendsoffulham

LEWIS DUNK

A source at the club (who leaked the Prongle deal) has reported that Lewis Dunk is undergoing a medical at the club this afternoon after a fee of £4.5 mil was agreed last night with Brighton !
Replies
The highest-rated player under the age of 24. The Brighton centre-back has become an integral player to the Seagulls. He made just seven league appearances for the club last season and was on a one-month loan to Bristol City during the campaign, but has been a mainstay this season, starting 37 matches.

The 23-year-old's lofty frame means that he is commanding in the air, winning 139 of 212 aerial duels as well as mustering 29 headed attempts at goal. That aerial threat has heralded five goals from set pieces, with only two players managing more. Only Ipswich's Cole Skuse has made more interceptions this season than Dunk's 129. That only the current top six and Sheffield Wednesday have a better defensive record than Brighton (54 goals conceded) has been in no small part due to the youngster's presence at the back.

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/messageboard/8070/lewis-dunk.aspx

snarks

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2015, 04:19:19 PM
Quote from: snarks on July 16, 2015, 02:13:42 PM
I would so like this to be true.

So would I. If my horse wasn't wearing his nose bag, I would gallop down to Motspur Park right now to investigate.

What does a mammoth need with a horse?

Toby Ward-Smith

MBS have just tweeted...

@MBS_Sport: Rumour at the moment is that Dunk is on his way to Fulham for £4.5m, still early days on the rumour though. We'll see...#BHAFC #FFC

fulhamben

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on July 16, 2015, 10:49:33 PM
MBS have just tweeted...

@MBS_Sport: Rumour at the moment is that Dunk is on his way to Fulham for £4.5m, still early days on the rumour though. We'll see...#BHAFC #FFC
i dont think that is a reputable source though. only has 750 followers, and is following 2.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2015, 05:33:55 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 16, 2015, 04:50:28 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2015, 04:19:19 PM
Quote from: snarks on July 16, 2015, 02:13:42 PM
I would so like this to be true.

So would I. If my horse wasn't wearing his nose bag, I would gallop down to Motspur Park right now to investigate.
What does a mammoth need with a horse?

I was going to give the Horse a lift.

The Horse has had some dessert from his nosebag and doesn't know what it was called. So he has been for some dessert but can't remember the name but it felt good to be out of the rain. With the dessert he can't remember the name but he knows his tummy didn't have no more pain.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

@jolslover

I feel if we can not do a deal with Wolves for Mcdonald three names we could look into as potential DMs are Yaser Kasim of Swindon, Daniel Tozser of Watford and Liam Bridcutt of Sunderland
STH H3

Jonaldiniho 88

Hard to tempt the second two due to PL wages and the stigma of dropping a league to get game time. I know nothing of the Swindon lad so don't know if that would work but hopefully we are paying the same attention as you are for potential signings.

fulhamben

make of this what you will, but sarah brookes took a photo of the cottage today, so i replied with are you showing new players what they will be playing on if they sign for us.   she favorited my tweet. so maybe a signing is imminent or maybe not