more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khan You Dig It

Telegraph Sport ‏@TelegraphSport  8m8 minutes ago
EXCLUSIVE: Man City to pay staggering £11m for 18-year-old with 22 Championship appearances - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11748547/Man-City-to-sign-Fulham-prodigy-Patrick-Roberts-in-deal-worth-up-to-11m.html

Let's hope there's some sort of sell-on fee as well. I'd much prefer a future percentage than any potential add-ons.

Lighthouse

5 million now rising to 11 million with all the add ons if they happen.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Kevin MCdonald  didn't play for Wolves today as he was unsettled according to Kenny Jacket.

Lewis Dunk didn't play for Brighton today.

Lighthouse

Latest on Roberts is he forced Fulhams hand by putting in a transfer request. But no more than rumour.

Khan You Dig It

Here's what I'd like to see happen in the next week...

Shift Parker to Bournemouth, bring in McDonald as his replacement.

Bring in Dunk and (possibly) one other CB, as well as a defensively solid LB who can whip balls into the box.

Then, if we still have funds available, a better partner for Ross (though I think him and Smith work well together) and possibly one more RM/RW as backup to Cairney/LVC.

God The Mechanic

If we can get £5million up front for a player who would likely have hardly featured anyway and invest that in a solid, mid 20s first teamer then there really should be no complaints.

Yes, we'd have liked to see an English player come through the ranks but he wasn't gonna sign a new contract so this is as good as it gets.

That plus the money from Ruiz and Mitroglou leaving means we could get rid of three players would wouldn't feature and make about £10million to spend on players who will.  That's before Amorebieta too - not a bad summer if we continue to spend wisely where we need to strengthen.

Also need to get new contracts sorted for a few other of the young players on the edge of the first team.

Friendsoffulham

@VivaElFulham: No Lewis Dunk for Brighton either, not on subs bench too #Fulham https://t.co/WFVzI5mPcx

Khan You Dig It

The latest rumor is that we're only getting £2.5 upfront, in which case, that's a terrible deal.

I can't imagine where the other £8.5 would be coming from in terms of add-ons, but chances are we won't see that money for years if it even comes at all.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Khan You Dig It on July 18, 2015, 04:53:52 PM
The latest rumor is that we're only getting £2.5 upfront, in which case, that's a terrible deal.

I can't imagine where the other £8.5 would be coming from in terms of add-ons, but chances are we won't see that money for years if it even comes at all.

That's rubbish. Few figures being batted around, but it's believed to be in the region of 5-8.5 mill with addons totalling to 11.5 mill. Club wouldn't sell Roberts for a song.

HillingdonFFC

Be seriously peed off if Fulham haven't negotiated a sell on clause.QPR just got nearly 9m from Sterling deal.
Encouraging Dunk and McDonald not featuring today

NJFulham

symons confirmed transfer request from roberts post-match

Nero

Quote from: NJFulham on July 18, 2015, 05:25:41 PM
Is that after he wasn't picked again for a match

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Nero on July 18, 2015, 05:49:14 PM
Quote from: NJFulham on July 18, 2015, 05:25:41 PM
Is that after he wasn't picked again for a match

Slight correction. It was after he didn't want to be selected again for a match. He's wanted out for some time now. Else that offer that we put in front of him would have been signed by now.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

FPT

Patrick Roberts is in Manchester as we speak, rumour (with good source) also has it that he asked not to be played against Aston Villa. Kit Symons has spoke about how he sat and down and spoke with Patrick and his parents but their mind was already made up. As far as I'm concerned it's see you down the road and arrivederci. We're getting a good deal considering he's unproven and with a year left on his contract, we've got more than Charlton did for Joe Gomez and he was already a very valuable member of their first team squad putting in good performances. I'm not too bothered by a sell on clause, it's Manchester City, who are they going to sell him to? If they sell him, it'll be a move downwards where he's not been good enough and cost something like £10m, by which we'll hopefully be back in the Premier League so the money would be nice but not amazing. What is the further pathway where we'd get money? Unless he were to move to Real Madrid or Barcelona, it's not that big a deal to me so I'd rather take a little more up front.

Look at Porto or Benfica and the amazing profits they make in the transfer window. In a way, selling Patrick Roberts to Manchester City justifies our academy - our youngsters should be funding our transfer windows and our football club. In time, we'll be back into the Premier League, in time we can be a better looking club to offer longer contracts, and in time selling one youngster could pay for a window, or pay for the stand extension, or pay for better academy facilities, or pay for something new at the training ground - all whilst maintaining ourselves as a Premier League team playing some good quality football. Southampton never saw the best of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, the best of Theo Walcott, the best of Luke Shaw, the best of Gareth Bale or the best of Calum Chambers.

One day it'll all make sense, this will not hurt us whatsoever. In a league with strict Financial Fair Play rules, we need to watch the pennies - we will make nowhere near as much out of this new sponsorship deal as we did with MarathonBet. Our TV money is always dropping, we're making fractions of what we were used to. Patrick Roberts and Bryan Ruiz's sales for £6m together will pay for our current window. Blackburn are under embargo, that is a very real threat for us and others.

Patrick Roberts is not all we have. We have Emerson Hyndman, Moussa Dembele, Cauley Woodrow, George Williams, Dan Burn, Jack Grimmer, Sean Kavanagh, Cameron Burgess, Liam Donnelly, Marcus Bettinelli, Lasse Vigen Christensen and then, Marek Rodak, Luca De La Torre, Tayo Edun, Ryheem Sheckleford, Aron Davies, Josh Smile, Mattias Kait, Stephen Humprhys and Ange Freddy Plumain.

Be happy with what we are and be happy that our academy work is finally going to be in the limelight as these kids will either star for us, star in the lower divisions or star at the top level. We've gone from a day of Wayne Brown and Rob Milsom to a kid being bought by one of the biggest clubs for multimillions. It's not doom and gloom, and I don't know how you couldn't understand the business sense oft this.

sunburywhite

In a way, selling Patrick Roberts to Manchester City justifies our academy - our youngsters should be funding our transfer windows and our football club.

Quite right FTP, its a hard hearted business decision

Roberts will pave the way for many more
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

fulhamben

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 18, 2015, 06:46:05 PM
In a way, selling Patrick Roberts to Manchester City justifies our academy - our youngsters should be funding our transfer windows and our football club.

Quite right FTP, its a hard hearted business decision

Roberts will pave the way for many more
surely a youngsters should be playing for us so that we dont have to gamble money on signings
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Riverside

Roberts for Dunk and McDonald  ?
If so sounds good to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@jolslover

The way I see it, 11mill from Roberts could be spent like this

4 mill on dunk, 500k on Joe Bennett and 2.5mill for Mitroglous wage next season (Mitroglou will take us up mark my words.) . The rest can be spent tying down Hyndman and Dembele to long term deals and on the academy
STH H3

Joly poly

I like both previous comments, if its going to get is up and show roberts what he will be missing then see you roberts

fulhamben

Quote from: Riverside on July 18, 2015, 07:32:54 PM
Roberts for Dunk and McDonald  ?
If so sounds good to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so good that city have gone for them instead.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.