watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Time to tie up the McDonald and Dunk deals now we have some spending money. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Joly poly

Craven Mad

FULHAM INTERESTED IN TREBEL

Sky sources understand Fulham are interested in signing Standard Liege midfielder Adrien Trebel.

The 24-year-old will cost around £1.2m and has three years left on his current deal in Belgium.

Chesh

It would seem if we really want MacDonald from Wolves now, we've got him - as he is clearly unsettled (official reason for not playing yesterday, straight from Jackett's mouth).

Wolves fans convinced that it is all about the contract for him, and clearly has no real desire to stay otherwise. Apparently, Sheff Utd fans laughing because he did exactly the same when leaving them for Wolves.

Surely, we just have to make the right offer, and it should be a done deal?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

FPT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3167016/Fulham-target-defender-Jake-Bidwell-Championship-rivals-Brentford.html

Fulham are looking at £1m Jake Bidwell, Brentford want more - also says: "Fulham also retain an interest in Middlesbrough left-back James Husband, who spent two months on loan at Craven Cottage at the end of last season, but are thought to be prioritising Bidwell."

JackyFulham90

Dunk, Husband & McDonald in then I can see a squad capable of challenging

Craven Mad

Bidwell would be a great signing at LB. £1m would be a really good price to solve our most-needed position on the pitch.

spikey norman

One of today's papers saying us,QPR and Forest are interested in signing Spurs defender Ryan Fredericks.
Spurs want £2 million for him.

Joly poly

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 19, 2015, 12:12:38 PM

Sky sources understand Fulham are interested in signing Standard Liege midfielder Adrien Trebel.

The 24-year-old will cost around £1.2m and has three years left on his current deal in Belgium.

Is any good?

Craven Mad

Quote from: Joly poly on July 19, 2015, 01:28:32 PM

Is any good?

Not too sure. Don't know enough about him.

BUT - he's a left-footed CAM, and I reckon we've enough of those in Cairney, O'Hara and Pringle.

It's too random to be completely out-of-the-blue, but doesn't seem to fit the profile of what we need nor who we're going for... I'd be surprised if this happens.

Chesh

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 19, 2015, 01:54:13 PM
If we cannot get James Husband, then Jake Bidwell seems to have the credentials for a left back,  age 22, 6ft tall and English, and the fee may suit both clubs. Also we really need to resolve this issue of bringing in a centre half of the calibre of Lewis Dunk or Tom Lees. As our defence is cause for concern still.
Don't understand the 'fee will suit both clubs bit' - why would £1m suit Brentford?

Would be a good signing (for a realistic bid), but really need one of those centre halves - our current 3 just aren't good enough.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 19, 2015, 02:55:14 PM
Quote from: Chesh on July 19, 2015, 02:48:31 PM
If we cannot get James Husband, then Jake Bidwell seems to have the credentials for a left back,  age 22, 6ft tall and English, and the fee may suit both clubs. Also we really need to resolve this issue of bringing in a centre half of the calibre of Lewis Dunk or Tom Lees. As our defence is cause for concern still.
Don't understand the 'fee will suit both clubs bit' - why would £1m suit Brentford?

Would be a good signing (for a realistic bid), but really need one of those centre halves - our current 3 just aren't good enough.

I did say the fee " May " suit both clubs. But I take your point.
the noises coming from their chairman are the opposite to ours. he has stated all along that he wants to keep the best players at his club. so cheap bids will get no one from them
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Craven Mad

Quote from: fulhamben on July 19, 2015, 02:58:00 PM

the noises coming from their chairman are the opposite to ours. he has stated all along that he wants to keep the best players at his club. so cheap bids will get no one from them

When did our chairman say he doesn't want to keep our best players at the club and cheap bids will get anyone from us??

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 19, 2015, 03:16:42 PM

When did our chairman say he doesn't want to keep our best players at the club and cheap bids will get anyone from us??
he didnt, quite the opposite. but then the players we have shipped out in the last few windows tells a completely different story.

fulhamben

Quote from: fulhamben on July 19, 2015, 03:20:46 PM

he didnt, quite the opposite. but then the players we have shipped out in the last few windows tells a completely different story.
let me just add, that i dont think shad will be like mo and make us sell a decent player if a big bid comes in, i think he will be more like a heres your budget, do what you want as long as it balances type of owner. the bees chairman is very hands on

FPT

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 19, 2015, 01:42:04 PM

Is any good?

BUT - he's a left-footed CAM, and I reckon we've enough of those in Cairney, O'Hara and Pringle.

It's too random to be completely out-of-the-blue, but doesn't seem to fit the profile of what we need nor who we're going for... I'd be surprised if this happens.

I've just been looking at a tonne of different things on him, from his stats in the Europa League to his FIFA and FM ratings via some Standard Liege highlights. He's a central midfielder with a lot of energy and pace, in the Europa League he scored 4.6 tackles a game and 3.2 interceptions (over 5 games) and 6 assists from 21 Belgian League games, 10 Belgian League play offs and those 5 Europa League matches for Standard.

His stats, early glimpses of style and whatnot reminds me a bit of Harry Arter - bags of energy and lots of pressing, hustling and harrying; who can then move the ball up the pitch. Though that's from very basic pieces of information so it may not be accurate whatsoever.

I do agree that it's so obscure to be written off as nonsense. No one cares about reporting Championship transfers unless they're fairly concrete. The Charlton Belgians have generally done quite well in the Championship.

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on July 19, 2015, 03:30:45 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 19, 2015, 01:42:04 PM

Is any good?

I've just been looking at a tonne of different things on him, from his stats in the Europa League to his FIFA and FM ratings via some Standard Liege highlights. He's a central midfielder with a lot of energy and pace, in the Europa League he scored 4.6 tackles a game and 3.2 interceptions (over 5 games) and 6 assists from 21 Belgian League games, 10 Belgian League play offs and those 5 Europa League matches for Standard.

His stats, early glimpses of style and whatnot reminds me a bit of Harry Arter - bags of energy and lots of pressing, hustling and harrying; who can then move the ball up the pitch. Though that's from very basic pieces of information so it may not be accurate whatsoever.

I do agree that it's so obscure to be written off as nonsense. No one cares about reporting Championship transfers unless they're fairly concrete. The Charlton Belgians have generally done quite well in the Championship.
god damn, if he can score 4.6 tackles per game, then i wonder how many goals he score  ;)

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on July 19, 2015, 03:27:21 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 19, 2015, 03:20:46 PM

let me just add, that i dont think shad will be like mo and make us sell a decent player if a big bid comes in, i think he will be more like a heres your budget, do what you want as long as it balances type of owner. the bees chairman is very hands on

I agree that Shad comes across as more of a hands off owner, though I believe he's around the club more than many give him credit for......just apparently not so many matches. He strikes me as a "give 'em enough rope....." kind of owner. Just fine with me so long as he maintains his good judgement in choosing who gets the rope and who doesn't.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mince n Tatties

Betting on Oddschecker,McDonald favourite
to join us...

HillingdonFFC

Why do we go in with  such embarrassingly low bids? £1m for Bidwell?? According to my Bees mate that is beyond derisory