more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBride78

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 19, 2015, 08:15:05 PM
Why do we go in with  such embarrassingly low bids? £1m for Bidwell?? According to my Bees mate that is beyond derisory

I don't have a problem with this strategy.  Throw an embarrassing low bid out so hopefully the opposition will counter with the ballpark of what they think the player is worth.  Cuts all the bull crap out of the negotiation immediately and gets to the real number if done correctly.  if we start with an offer of 3.5 mil and they accept, how would we know they would take 2.9, etc.  It may be obvious that 1 mil, or 2 mill I think in the rumor of the initial Dunk bid is something we know is not going to be accepted.  But in a quest to get the player at the best price, this is not a bad way for our side to open negotiations.  Get the crap bid out there, lets the player know we are in for him, hopefully they decide they want to come and get unsettled (MacDonald) in which case that too helps our leverage to get the price down. 

westcliff white

every clubs fans are the same, Blackburn's fans thought 3.5 million was derisory for Cairney, some of ours think that 5 million up front for Roberts (if that is what it is) is derisory for him. IT is what it is, personally I cant believe there are many championship defenders that could demand a fee of much more than 2 or 2.5 milion
Every day is a Fulham day

TWFL

Don't know if this has been seen but:

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves  Jul 18
Video to follow but Kenny Jackett has told Wolves Player that Kevin McDonald didn't figure today due to being  unsettled.

Fernhurst

He appears to be pulling a similar stunt Pat did with us to get his move to Fulham or a substantial pay rise from Wolves........maybe a transfer request will follow.

Ah.... The modern transfers eh?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SKSW6

"To try to leave us for a crappy club like fulham over money in my opinion is just greedy. He obviously has no pride. I mean come on he wants to swap from a club with statues of Wright & Cullis to one that puts up Michael Jackson statues"

"fulhams transfer activity so far this year doesn't suggest they are paying silly wages, and will be weaker next year anyway with their better players just about to get poached. Patrick Roberts is on the verge of leaving. They are a club in decline with one of the worst sets of fans I've ever come across."

etc etc etc

They really don't seem to like us. Someone want to let them know we've not had the MJ statue for 2 years, and that we have one of England's finest players outside our ground? Also, "club in decline" with our "better players about to get poached"?!

Wearethewhites

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 19, 2015, 11:20:32 PM
"To try to leave us for a crappy club like fulham over money in my opinion is just greedy. He obviously has no pride. I mean come on he wants to swap from a club with statues of Wright & Cullis to one that puts up Michael Jackson statues"

"fulhams transfer activity so far this year doesn't suggest they are paying silly wages, and will be weaker next year anyway with their better players just about to get poached. Patrick Roberts is on the verge of leaving. They are a club in decline with one of the worst sets of fans I've ever come across."

etc etc etc

They really don't seem to like us. Someone want to let them know we've not had the MJ statue for 2 years, and that we have one of England's finest players outside our ground? Also, "club in decline" with our "better players about to get poached"?!

It amazes me how deluded some fans really are, and never see past their own Club. Fair enough, it was a poor season for us last year, but as a Club, we've just come off the back of 13 years in the Premiership. Squad was depleted yes, mainly due to Magath, but this season shows that we're making a real statement by targeting last seasons best play-makers.

FPT

I like to think that we're quite an intelligent supporters group (in general). We know where we are, we know our limitations, we don't boast about being too big or complain for being too small. We fight, claw and battle for everything we get in our own unique Fulham way. If you don't get what Fulham is, what it represents and the truly special club we are as you into Craven Cottage, you shouldn't be at a football match.

We're one of 13 professional clubs in the city, with four clubs in the SW area specifically. We drew a decent average of 18,000+ supporters, a percentage of our stadium - a lower attendance but a higher percentage of our capacity than Wolves and Leeds - who have a less crowded catchment area to work in.

It's funny, the Wolves supporter that says "will be weaker next year anyway with their better players just about to get poached." How's Bakary Sako? An actual key component of their team as opposed to Patrick Roberts? I hate discussions about club size and whatnot, it's so irrelevant to me - it's the footballing 'penis extension' for middle aged men, but we can't be that bad if we've woken the interest of one of their better players - could argue he's more vital for them than Sako was as he's the lynchpin of their midfield.

FFC1987

Quote from: FPT on July 20, 2015, 01:04:22 AM
I like to think that we're quite an intelligent supporters group (in general). We know where we are, we know our limitations, we don't boast about being too big or complain for being too small. We fight, claw and battle for everything we get in our own unique Fulham way. If you don't get what Fulham is, what it represents and the truly special club we are as you into Craven Cottage, you shouldn't be at a football match.

We're one of 13 professional clubs in the city, with four clubs in the SW area specifically. We drew a decent average of 18,000+ supporters, a percentage of our stadium - a lower attendance but a higher percentage of our capacity than Wolves and Leeds - who have a less crowded catchment area to work in.

It's funny, the Wolves supporter that says "will be weaker next year anyway with their better players just about to get poached." How's Bakary Sako? An actual key component of their team as opposed to Patrick Roberts? I hate discussions about club size and whatnot, it's so irrelevant to me - it's the footballing 'penis extension' for middle aged men, but we can't be that bad if we've woken the interest of one of their better players - could argue he's more vital for them than Sako was as he's the lynchpin of their midfield.

A lot of the hate and drivvle has come from social media trolls saying stuff like 'we're the biggest club in the championship, name me one bigger?' and 'I can't wait to sign your player as we have a billionaire owner ' etc etc Its pathetic and some ITK people on twitter have been throwing wild accusations around about it and it rubs both sets of fans the wrong way. I will say, most Wolves fans I know are decent. realistic folk but a few I've come across on social media are just utter morons. But I've seen a fair few of our lot actign teh same way so....Wrong un's at all clubs.

FulhamStu

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 19, 2015, 11:20:32 PM

etc etc etc

Wolves have some decent and some of the dullest and nastiest fans around.  This is exactely what I would expect from them, I always suffer agro when I go there. 

grandad

Reading through the transfer gossip on the BBC I just can´t believe the sums being quoted for some players I certainly do not have a clue who they are.
I long for the day when the bubble bursts. It is mugs like us who feed this with our Sky subs. We could burst the bubble if we all cancelled out subs but it will never happen sadly.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Northern Cottager

Quote from: grandad on July 20, 2015, 10:15:09 AM
Reading through the transfer gossip on the BBC I just can´t believe the sums being quoted for some players I certainly do not have a clue who they are.
I long for the day when the bubble bursts. It is mugs like us who feed this with our Sky subs. We could burst the bubble if we all cancelled out subs but it will never happen sadly.

You ever tried cancelling Sky to move provider? It'd be easier to just have your income paid to them directly, thieves.

Bronaldinho

Apparently we've met the buyout clause of Trebel.

Sky reporting he's a deep-lying midfielder, also left-footed.

Looks like we have a lot of CM's now.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Bronaldinho on July 20, 2015, 11:07:59 AM

It's a long season and I imagine we'll use them all providing they're fit.

Also, Parker might go if rumours are to be believed. One last crack at the Premier League.

westcliff white

M'boro looking at Jordan Rhodes apparently
Every day is a Fulham day

SKSW6

Where does it say we've met the buy out clause mate? There's a journo on Twitter who covers Belgian football who said just yesterday that he couldn't see him leaving.

Oakeshott

"You ever tried cancelling Sky to move provider? It'd be easier to just have your income paid to them directly, thieves."

Yes, I cancelled when we were relegated. No problem, except a lot of "please re-join, we'll give you a big discount if you do" offers.

In the time since not being a subscriber I would really only have missed having it badly twice - for the last Ryder Cup and the PGA at Wentworth this Spring. But purchase of a £10.99 Now box, and payment for a couple of weekly "sports channels" passes meant I was able to see both events for a total cost of about a third of what I was paying Sky monthly!

Given the availability of Premiership "streams" I don't think I'll re-subscribe when we get promoted.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 20, 2015, 11:11:46 AM

It's a long season and I imagine we'll use them all providing they're fit.

Also, Parker might go if rumours are to be believed. One last crack at the Premier League.

Kit dismissed the reports of Parker leaving.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

grandad

Why on earth are we reported to want Garbutt on loan? We have the funds to be able to buy an experienced LB. We don´t need young, inexperienced loanees, especially ones that don´t want to leave their parent club. Different if we loan a player with an option to buy.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ToodlesMcToot

Well, if the club are unable to purchase the players that they rate at LB for whichever reason, then it would make some sense to loan in a player and spend transfer funds elsewhere (CB's).
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude