Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beijing ben

Quote from: beijing ben on July 21, 2015, 05:10:18 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on July 20, 2015, 07:16:01 PM
Patrick Bamford on loan anyone?

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/boro-wait-transfer-target-patrick-7645550

I have in the know middlesbro information that Bamford was on 43,000 a week last season of which boro paid 100 per cent. Maybe this is why we don't loan players from the dark side..

So he has gone to palace on loan having signed a new deal with chelsea which i would guess is for more money per week than last season. Id guess only cabaye will be on higher wages than him at palace...

SKSW6

Toby Ward-Smith

Just seen reports that third bid for Dunk was accepted, medical done and to be announced tomorrow

JackyFulham90

Bring in Dunk & Garbutt I will be very happy with the look of our squad

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on July 22, 2015, 01:24:02 AM
Just seen reports that third bid for Dunk was accepted, medical done and to be announced tomorrow

If that is accurate, then it would be a great result to have secured Lewis Dunk, and if we can get Luke Garbutt, even if it has to be on loan, that will be good business.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bronaldinho

Reece James has signed for Wigan for £1m.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Southdowns White

Talking to someone last night who knows someone in the know down here in Sussex and he says the Dunk sale is still a possibility, the price has apparently gone to 5 million, some of my brighton supporting friends don't think he is worth it although he is just about their only asset at the club.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Southdowns White on July 22, 2015, 09:26:19 AM
Talking to someone last night who knows someone in the know down here in Sussex and he says the Dunk sale is still a possibility, the price has apparently gone to 5 million, some of my brighton supporting friends don't think he is worth it although he is just about their only asset at the club.

Someone posted late on twitter last night that fee agreed, signing today. Seems a genuine sort and said news was from a famiy member of Dunk.
Only thing that worries me is there seems to be no news, not even a hint on the BHAFC messageboards, they wont be happy if true as they're moaning about being paper thin at centre back.
Also pretty sure someone posted somewhere a few weeks back about Lewis Dunks girlfriend leaking the story of how hes signing for Fulham, wondering if the latest twitter story is a rehash of that?.

mike_corkcity12

It is very quiet on the transfer front.

Think we have about broken even so far on wages/fee's spent compared to outgoings.

westcliff white

Kit has said on the latest video (and also after the Crawley game i think) that he hopes for a couple more and they are working on them however of they come off great of not he is happy with what he has (doubt he would say anything else though), also praised the work of Rigg and Mackintosh..
Every day is a Fulham day

Northern Cottager

Quote from: westcliff white on July 22, 2015, 11:55:39 AM
Kit has said on the latest video (and also after the Crawley game i think) that he hopes for a couple more and they are working on them however of they come off great of not he is happy with what he has (doubt he would say anything else though), also praised the work of Rigg and Mackintosh..

We absolutely need some defenders. He surely can't be silly enough to think even with their lives on the line that our calamitous defense will finally strike it lucky and stop leaking goals for fun.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on July 22, 2015, 11:55:39 AM

Never saw that interview but if hes happy with what hes got in the event of no more signings, then thats the single most depressing Fulham related thing I've heard all summer.
Happy with that defence?? Jesus wept, I give up

Lighthouse

Symons obviously wants defenders. Fulham have been trying to sign some all Summer. But nobody at Fulham is going to say ' our defence is a disaster, no disrespect to the lads, so we desperately need players. But just don't tell anybody because the price will go up'

I think sometimes we just want to attack the club out of frustration without aiming at the right target.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 22, 2015, 12:32:38 PM
Symons obviously wants defenders. Fulham have been trying to sign some all Summer. But nobody at Fulham is going to say ' our defence is a disaster, no disrespect to the lads, so we desperately need players. But just don't tell anybody because the price will go up'

I think sometimes we just want to attack the club out of frustration without aiming at the right target.

I don't think there is any harm in him saying we want more defenders, we know we need to improve and give the lads who are good enough some more competition for places...

Wearethewhites

If we go into this new season without signing any defenders, it'll be absolutely suicidal. Can't see how the manager can turn around and say 'He's happy', not unless he's protecting current players, or players coming in.

rweller86

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 22, 2015, 12:44:27 PM
If we go into this new season without signing any defenders, it'll be absolutely suicidal. Can't see how the manager can turn around and say 'He's happy', not unless he's protecting current players, or players coming in.
We have signed one defender. But yes, disappointing if we don't sign any more (CB and LB).
@rweller

SKSW6

Fulham look to Dunk
Fulham have made the first move for Brighton defender Lewis Dunk.

Fulham have tabled a £4m bid for centre-back Dunk and are waiting for a response from the Seagulls.

The Cottagers are hoping to steal a march on their Premier League rivals for Dunk's signature by opening the bidding.

Everton, Newcastle, West Brom and Norwich are also interested in the 23 year-old.

From the Mirror's transfer centre thing.

Craven Mad

Our defence last season had: Amore, Grimmer, Hoog, Voser, Kavanagh, Turner, Husband, Richards, Burgess, Burn, Hutchinson, Bodurov, Stafylidis, Bettinelli, Joronen, Kiraly, Lee.

17 Players.

Our defence this season has: Amore, Grimmer, Voser, Kavanagh, Richards, Burgess, Burn, Hutchinson, Bodurov, Joronen, Bettinelli, Lonergan.

12 Players.

Our defence last season was appalling. This season we are 5 players lighter across the defence and only one new face who wasn't a part of last year's team (and that player isn't likely to be a starter anyway).

I am starting to get worried.

I know the season is still a way off, and we're getting linked to good players, but the longer we leave it the less chance is they'll be able to have a good preseason. Dunk hasn't been getting played in Brighton's preseason games, so will probably be off the pace.

Our defence was so, so bad last year. It should have been the first area to get strenthened.

IMO we need to bring in 2 starters and someone else to cover, and they need to be signed ASAP.

Please Rigg, make it so!

GW02

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 22, 2015, 01:00:41 PM
Our defence last season had: Amore, Grimmer, Hoog, Voser, Kavanagh, Turner, Husband, Richards, Burgess, Burn, Hutchinson, Bodurov, Stafylidis, Bettinelli, Joronen, Kiraly, Lee.

17 Players.

Our defence this season has: Amore, Grimmer, Voser, Kavanagh, Richards, Burgess, Burn, Hutchinson, Bodurov, Joronen, Bettinelli, Lonergan.

12 Players.

Our defence last season was appalling. This season we are 5 players lighter across the defence and only one new face who wasn't a part of last year's team (and that player isn't likely to be a starter anyway).

I am starting to get worried.

I know the season is still a way off, and we're getting linked to good players, but the longer we leave it the less chance is they'll be able to have a good preseason. Dunk hasn't been getting played in Brighton's preseason games, so will probably be off the pace.

Our defence was so, so bad last year. It should have been the first area to get strenthened.

IMO we need to bring in 2 starters and someone else to cover, and they need to be signed ASAP.

Please Rigg, make it so!

I believe this may be the problem we are facing with signing defenders, clubs know that our defence was woeful last year they know we have already offloaded. As such we become desperate and that is never a good place to negotiate from!