watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

Re the defence . 17 players says it all . How many combinations ?!?

I have posted several times before our defence will be better if it is stable and they have some cover from midfield .

I am not against signing improvements but let it be soon so we can have a stable back 4 .

It is 3 seasons since we had a defensive unit ! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFC1987

Seems like we're being ridiculed for bidding 4m on Dunk.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 22, 2015, 01:56:07 PM

£4m for a young proven English CB isn't too high, I wouldn't say?

Ordar

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 22, 2015, 02:17:41 PM

Cant think why anyone would think 4m is too high. Unless we're being ridiculed because its not high enough? He's probably the best centre back in the league

Mince n Tatties

Am I stuck in a time warp?
This week we've heard he has had medical,someone
said he signing today.
Now its gone back to we've made a bid...

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 22, 2015, 02:32:49 PM
Am I stuck in a time warp?
This week we've heard he has had medical,someone
said he signing today.
Now its gone back to we've made a bid...

Just got to be careful what sources you read. Ive seen a fans today goading Brighton fans as if Dunk has already moved.

Quote from: Ordar on July 22, 2015, 02:23:52 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 22, 2015, 02:17:41 PM

Cant think why anyone would think 4m is too high. Unless we're being ridiculed because its not high enough? He's probably the best centre back in the league

Its the stupid comparison again that X player is worth X amount so Dunk should be worth X amount. In this case people are looking at the Delph transfer. Also should mention a few Brighton fans are saying hes good but no where near that price tag.

Lighthouse

Seems clear to me. We have put in a bid for Lewis Dunk to get ahead of the Prem clubs that want him. This is the first or second or third or fourth bid and he has had one or two or three or four medicals or has never even come close to one. We have to react by law to every bid of news and when this bid is turned down we will be forced to verbally attack Fulham and Symons and anybody else we can think of.

This will have to be repeated until we sign in the last minute a bloke we never heard off to fill in somewhere in defence although it will turn out he is a midfielder by trade.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sussexwhite

The Brighton fans are also moaning that it'll leave them no time to get in any replacements and we should be looking for a couple of players at  £2m. Although they are talking about Nelson from Plymouth if we get Dunk.

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 22, 2015, 12:32:38 PM
Symons obviously wants defenders. Fulham have been trying to sign some all Summer. But nobody at Fulham is going to say ' our defence is a disaster, no disrespect to the lads, so we desperately need players. But just don't tell anybody because the price will go up'

I think sometimes we just want to attack the club out of frustration without aiming at the right target.
That's what I thought earlier. All the clubs monitor each other and if we came across as desperate then up goes the price as soon as they know it's us on the phone.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 22, 2015, 02:41:32 PM
Seems clear to me. We have put in a bid for Lewis Dunk to get ahead of the Prem clubs that want him. This is the first or second or third or fourth bid and he has had one or two or three or four medicals or has never even come close to one. We have to react by law to every bid of news and when this bid is turned down we will be forced to verbally attack Fulham and Symons and anybody else we can think of.

This will have to be repeated until we sign in the last minute a bloke we never heard off to fill in somewhere in defence although it will turn out he is a midfielder by trade.

Has Fotheringham been snapped up yet?

MJG

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 22, 2015, 03:58:59 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 22, 2015, 02:41:32 PMSeems clear to me. We have put in a bid for Lewis Dunk to get ahead of the Prem clubs that want him. This is the first or second or third or fourth bid and he has had one or two or three or four medicals or has never even come close to one. We have to react by law to every bid of news and when this bid is turned down we will be forced to verbally attack Fulham and Symons and anybody else we can think of.

Was in Bradford squad last week I think.

Edited to read Bradford,  knew it began with a B

Bronaldinho

On trial at Bradford City. Fans seem quite impressed bizarrely.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

cmg

Quote from: Bronaldinho on July 22, 2015, 04:22:56 PM

Well it is Bradford. I was made Lord Mayor there once when I showed them a box of shiny buttons.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on July 22, 2015, 04:42:26 PM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on July 22, 2015, 04:22:56 PM

Well it is Bradford. I was made Lord Mayor there once when I showed them a box of shiny buttons.
[/quote

lol...

Woolly Mammoth

Yes. He is my Butlers new Butler
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FPT

£4m for Lewis Dunk should be our highest offer really. That's probably the standard for a good Championship player of which he is, but anymore and we'd be overpaying harshly really; especially when we still have a couple of more spaces to fill.

Looking at the Brighton squad, on the face of it they only have two centre backs, Dunk and Gordon Greer which wouldn't have worked in our favour whatsoever and probably part of the reason why Brighton are looking to get as much as possible as not only is he one of their better players, but one of their few in the position. £4m would go a long way for them, they sold Liam Bridcutt and Will Buckley for cheaper. I think the sale of Leonardo Ulloa also last season would have put them in reasonably comfortable stead this year so can demand a little more.

Anyway, £4m is the peak of our bidding for me personally - maybe be nice and say you can have an extra £1m if we get promoted.

NJFulham

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: NJFulham on July 22, 2015, 07:22:21 PM
dunk not in team tonight for brighton

That's interesting and positive news, may set a few tongues wagging.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional