more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

Rhys Lightning 63

Ryan Williams has just been shipped off to Barnsley. Real shame, had high hopes for that kid
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

FPT

And I found this last night - Mesca trialling with AEL Limassol: http://t.co/978c3Smp56

Barrett487

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 26, 2015, 12:34:51 PM
Ryan Williams has just been shipped off to Barnsley. Real shame, had high hopes for that kid

:plus one:
I felt that Ryan was never given a proper chance. He had a good attitude and showed signs of promise. I think he has fallen victim to being in a large squad and i wish him well.

Barrett487

Quote from: FPT on July 26, 2015, 12:52:59 PM
And I found this last night - Mesca trialling with AEL Limassol: http://t.co/978c3Smp56

I love the google translation of his name 'Bouomeska Toue Do Bathrooms'  :005:

The 22-year old former midfielder Fulham Bouomeska Toue Do Bathrooms or simply Meska in our island since Tuesday night on behalf of AEL and will go through a trial
The young ace has come in Cyprus and will pass through the microscope technician AEL , Christakis Christoforou . You can fight the right and on the left side of midfield and as a winger and main feature is speed
The makers of AEL and Cypriot technician who want to try it first and not in a hurry to close the transcription as there is plenty of time ahead of them. Indeed it is likely to be followed and prepare the team in Bulgaria.

I hope this clarifies things, lol  :023:

Toby Ward-Smith

ENGLISH CLUB RUMOURS..
25 Jul 2015 22:06:33
After adding the signature of Luke Garbutt on loan from Everton Fulham are close to signing Swansea Midfielder Leon Britton for a small fee & Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle on loan.
The club are still hopeful of prising Tom Lee's away from Sheffield Wednesday & want former loanee Michael Turner back at the club this season.
The club are yet to find a buyer willing to pay the 8m being asked for Mitroglou & the Greek international has excepted that he may be at Fulham come September.

Lighthouse

Think somebody has just pulled all the Summer gossip together into one rumour.

ENGLISH CLUB RUMOURS..
25 Jul 2015 22:06:33
After adding the signature of Luke Garbutt on loan from Everton Fulham are close to signing Swansea Midfielder Leon Britton for a small fee & Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle on loan.
The club are still hopeful of prising Tom Lee's away from Sheffield Wednesday & want former loanee Michael Turner back at the club this season.
The club are yet to find a buyer willing to pay the 8m being asked for Mitroglou & the Greek international has excepted that he may be at Fulham come September.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Craven Mad

Those 4 would transform our side and would all be big upgrades on what we have but can't see it happening, though.

Also, Britton would be a good catch - and could be the best in the league - but my Swansea mates think he's pretty hard to fit in a side and has been off-the-ball (so to speak) for a season or so now; might be a bit of a risk.

FPT

I presume that was taken from the site Football Rumours (where anybody with an account can post rumours), giving a lot of question marks. I don't believe it's based on any truth, more players we've been vaguely linked with all summer.

Usually I wouldn't comment on things like this, but what did spark my attention was the idea of signing two centre backs and going into next season with essentially a brand new defence, and that's excluding the goalkeeper of which we do not know who will be Kit's number one.

Again, not that I believe the rumour, but Richards, Lees, Turner and Garbutt would be an excellent back four. It'd be surprised if we were to sign two centre backs, but you never know.

MJG

I spoke about possibly needing two centre backs on cottage talk yesterday.
It's a worry that Fulham fans look at our three main CB's and can't agree that at least one (the same one) of them is worth a place.
So if we bring ONE and gets injured,  misses a game,  we end up with same as last year,  and I think the one thing we can all agree on,  is that any 2 out of those 3 together long term is not good enough.

Hence we need two.

Just to clarify I'm a Dan Burn fan and would prefer him to start,  just don't trust the other two at all.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on July 26, 2015, 07:37:12 PM
It's a worry that Fulham fans look at our three main CB's and can't agree that at least one (the same one) of them is worth a place.
So if we bring ONE and gets injured,  misses a game,  we end up with same as last year,  and I think the one thing we can all agree on,  is that any 2 out of those 3 together long term is not good enough.

Hence we need two.

Just to clarify I'm a Dan Burn fan and would prefer him to start,  just don't trust the other two at all.

I hope we sign two CBs and if we do Burn is the one who would push them for a place in the team with hutch as 4th choice. It doesn't really matter who we let go between hutch and bodurov but I think I would let the Bulgarian leave.

So strange because he started off so good but he slowly got worse and became part of the problem eventually and the Turner loan was very much welcomed
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

HillingdonFFC

So if we bring ONE and gets injured,  misses a game,  we end up with same as last year,  and I think the one thing we can all agree on,  is that any 2 out of those 3 together long term is not good enough.

Hence we need two.

Just to clarify I'm a Dan Burn fan and would prefer him to start,  just don't trust the other two at all.

Whats your gut feeling regarding Dunk?
Played for Brighton today , just get the feeling that we've moved on. Gutted if we have, would've been a fantastic signing. Mystified as to how we haven't got a good centre back in with the new season just around corner.

jimmyc19

Dele Ali on loan is being talked about by some fulham fans on twitter

Lighthouse

Quote from: jimmyc19 on July 26, 2015, 11:06:32 PM

I think he said earlier that he had no intention of going out on loan.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Craven Mad

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2015, 11:24:51 PM
Quote from: jimmyc19 on July 26, 2015, 11:06:32 PM

I think he said earlier that he had no intention of going out on loan.

Then he can look forward to a season warming their bench...

FulhamStu

If anyone doubt our need for a new centre back or 2 - look at the very short clip of the game Saturday. 

Skatzoffc

So if we bring ONE and gets injured,  misses a game,  we end up with same as last year,  and I think the one thing we can all agree on,  is that any 2 out of those 3 together long term is not good enough.

Hence we need two.

Just to clarify I'm a Dan Burn fan and would prefer him to start,  just don't trust the other two at all.

Agreed.
imo Burn needs a solid dependable partner and he will be fine.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Horsfield_No9

That could be the end of the Mitro dream then...

"Another crucial meeting today for Kostas #Mitroglou between #Sporting Lisbon and #Fulham representatives."
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Craven Mad

If losing Kostas meant we could get someone like Dwight Gayle in, I'd say that would be an upgrade given our needs/position.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 27, 2015, 04:44:55 PM
If losing Kostas meant we could get someone like Dwight Gayle in, I'd say that would be an upgrade given our needs/position.

I would say it's an upgrade as well.....and not because I've seen enough of Kostas in the context of this league to make an educated determination. Something has always seemed off about his transfer to our club.....almost shady.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude