more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: Nero on August 06, 2015, 10:37:09 AM
I watch the telly see you young mangers like Howe and Monk talking sense looking professional and showing ambition for their clubs then I watch our videos and see Kit just not looking or sounding the part. Is it me but is he part of the problem why we aren't signing the players we want can he not sell the dream of Fulham back in the top flight. If ture 2 hours with Gayle after the Palace match how could we let him leave without signing surely Rigg and Kit must have been able to outshine Middlesbrough. Christ the lad wouldnt even have to move home to be with us.

Well Boro are offering a permanent move and Fulham were offering a loan move. I think it is frustrating when players are mentioned as being close to signing but aren't However blaming the manager for everything is short sighted and thinking that hard nose agents are going to believe in the magic of Fulham above other clubs is naive.

We were linked with Fletcher in January and his name crops up again. now. We will lose and we will bring in players by the end of the window. But we are just a club trying to work in a sustainable manner. We have been for years and it hasn't worked. Too late to change now.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Craven Mad

Quote from: jelmo on August 06, 2015, 10:42:43 AM
The baffling thing is that we received 11m for Roberts.... Where has that money gone? Are we just selling assets and pocketing the cash without using it to strengthen the team? So odd. How much have we actually paid for players this window? 4m at a push... Maybe less.

Even if we don't get all of the Pat money up front (I think it was maybe an initial £4m), we've also saved the wages of Bryan/Rod and possibly Mitro too (plus his loan fee) which - if all 3 were on £45k p/w and £1m loan fee received - is another £8m.

I don't want us to be stupid and splash cash left-right-and-centre, but there's surely some more wriggle-room for a bit more spending than we've done. Particularly when most feel we're just 2/3 players from a proper promotion challenge, you'd think it'd be worth getting a few extras in.

beijing ben

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 06, 2015, 10:49:56 AM
The baffling thing is that we received 11m for Roberts.... Where has that money gone? Are we just selling assets and pocketing the cash without using it to strengthen the team? So odd. How much have we actually paid for players this window? 4m at a push... Maybe less.

Even if we don't get all of the Pat money up front (I think it was maybe an initial £4m), we've also saved the wages of Bryan/Rod and possibly Mitro too (plus his loan fee) which - if all 3 were on £45k p/w and £1m loan fee received - is another £8m.

I don't want us to be stupid and splash cash left-right-and-centre, but there's surely some more wriggle-room for a bit more spending than we've done. Particularly when most feel we're just 2/3 players from a proper promotion challenge, you'd think it'd be worth getting a few extras in.

if we are 8 million to the good on transfers then that is not necessarily enough to satisfy ffp..

spoken

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 06, 2015, 09:55:15 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 06, 2015, 09:40:24 AM
06 Aug 2015 05:16:48
Rumour doing the rounds last night,Fulham
have turned their attention to Sunderland
Striker Steven Fletcher.
Only stumbling block is wages,but
he is keen on the move.

Fletcher's been crap for years now. More interested in cars that goals.

If Mitro goes and Gayles not an option I'd rather we stick with what we've got or go for someone like Gary Hooper, who was scoring regularly last year, is nearing the end of their contract and could do a job in this league.

I too would be delighted with Flethcher. I don't think we would pay the fee and his wages. Coupled with the fact Sunderland have just sold Wickham I doubt very much this one has any legs unfortunately.

Chutney

I watch the telly see you young mangers like Howe and Monk talking sense looking professional and showing ambition for their clubs then I watch our videos and see Kit just not looking or sounding the part. Is it me but is he part of the problem why we aren't signing the players we want can he not sell the dream of Fulham back in the top flight. If ture 2 hours with Gayle after the Palace match how could we let him leave without signing surely Rigg and Kit must have been able to outshine Middlesbrough. Christ the lad wouldnt even have to move home to be with us.

So when we sign a good player it's well done rigg but when we miss out on one its Kit's fault? Some of you will find any excuse to bash our manager.
C O Y W

beijing ben

Sorry craven mad i think i misread your post regarding numbers. However, point remains. The club is trying to stay within the rules. We cant necessarily offer good long contracts to our youngsters or be an attractive transfer because we are limited on what we can spend

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Chutney on August 06, 2015, 11:12:50 AM

So when we sign a good player it's well done rigg but when we miss out on one its Kit's fault? Some of you will find any excuse to bash our manager.

Personally, I'm not to big on Rigg. Good cheap business at the beginning, but we're hardly pushing he boat out to attract decent acquisitions. Either his call, or the call is coming from up top.

"We need players that fit into the mould of FFC" In other words, cheap.

rusty shackleford

MJG

We have not received 11m, about half of that is future payments on how he does.

jelmo

Quote from: MJG on August 06, 2015, 11:23:37 AM

Still though... Even with half of that cash we should be able to afford a cb.

Chutney

Quote from: jelmo on August 06, 2015, 11:25:37 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 06, 2015, 11:23:37 AM

Still though... Even with half of that cash we should be able to afford a cb.

We are trying to sign one.
C O Y W

Nero

Quote from: Chutney on August 06, 2015, 11:12:50 AM

No I mentioned Rigg as well not be able to convince him but at least Rigg sounds like he wants to drive the Club forward. Kit for me sounds like he still cant believe he's got the job and just happy to have it. Can I ask you, do you find Kit inspiring in the way he either acts or talks? because for me he doesn't but different things motivate different people

Lighthouse

Can we keep this transfer thread about transfers and speculation. We don't need it to become another stick to beat the manager or the club with.

Meanwhile

A couple of news outlets have said a Boro spokesman has denied any interest in Gayle. Read into that what you wish.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Craven Mad

I wouldn't believe that article.

The EG got their Tomlin stories completely wrong - announcing a couple of hours before the transfer there were no discussions at all.

Boro fan ITK has been told discussions for a 12 month loan are close to complete, but there are concerns the player favours a Southern team, but none have come in so far.

Domino 1879

Agree.  Kit doesn't strike me as an inspiring motivational manager at all.  Grey man syndrome, rather dull. 

Holders

Quote from: Domino 1879 on August 06, 2015, 12:43:31 PM

Agree.  Kit doesn't strike me as an inspiring motivational manager at all.  Grey man syndrome, rather dull. 

I said that on another thread and someone said that he found him inspiring.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

mike_corkcity12

Alex Harris ‏@Alex_Harris1991  14s15 seconds ago
Move for Wolves' Kevin McDonald is dead. #FFC