more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: westcliff white on August 07, 2015, 09:19:04 AM
agree MJG if that was the case get Rhodes. But assuming we go up maybe the club are thinking we have Mitro coming back can we sustain 3 x 10+ million strikers (going on reported fees which bare no semblance to actuality)

Well we won't go up without that sort of fire power.

Holders

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2015, 09:31:51 AM
Quote from: Holders on August 07, 2015, 09:29:02 AM
In my undoubted ignorance, what I can't understand is why under Tigana we had a team that outclassed all others in the division, full of players who could (and did) hold their own in the PL whereas, this time around, quality players from the relegated team (e.g. Dejagah) had to be shifted out of the door with unseemly speed and the rest sought to be loaned out or disposed of e.g Mitro, Amo, Ruiz (I said sought) etc.

What's so different that we cannot sustain such quality players in a team that (allegedly) aspires to promotion. Notwithstanding that the players didn't come here to be relegated, from the club's point of view is it just FFP or am I missing something obvious in my naivety?
tigana for one. He made lots of average players into outstanding ones for us

Yes, he did that but he also brought in PL-quality players into a 2nd-tier team. This time around, the club seems to be shifting those players out in order to bring in 2nd-tier players "with Championship experience".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhamben

Quote from: Holders on August 07, 2015, 09:41:29 AM
In my undoubted ignorance, what I can't understand is why under Tigana we had a team that outclassed all others in the division, full of players who could (and did) hold their own in the PL whereas, this time around, quality players from the relegated team (e.g. Dejagah) had to be shifted out of the door with unseemly speed and the rest sought to be loaned out or disposed of e.g Mitro, Amo, Ruiz (I said sought) etc.

What's so different that we cannot sustain such quality players in a team that (allegedly) aspires to promotion. Notwithstanding that the players didn't come here to be relegated, from the club's point of view is it just FFP or am I missing something obvious in my naivety?

Yes, he did that but he also brought in PL-quality players into a 2nd-tier team. This time around, the club seems to be shifting those players out in order to bring in 2nd-tier players "with Championship experience".
well yes. But I don't believe that we have any real ambition to make it into the top 6. Mo wanted prem football and paid for it. Shad says he does, but doesn't look like he will gamble any money on trying to get it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Holders

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2015, 09:44:34 AM
Quote from: Holders on August 07, 2015, 09:41:29 AM

well yes. But I don't believe that we have any real ambition to make it into the top 6. Mo wanted prem football and paid for it. Shad says he does, but doesn't look like he will gamble any money on trying to get it.

Maybe but even when we actually had the players and didn't even need to acquire them we still sought to get rid like they were hot to the touch.

MJG

Main reason is money, then you had Tigana and his coaching team and finally we were a team on the up after recent promotions and money being thrown at PL players to join.

We could not keep the players from the season we went down for various reasons discussed many times. But we are where we are now, with a much younger squad for sure and only a couple, maybe three, players away from a good team.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Wearethewhites

Any centre backs due today, before we put in a carbon-copy defensive display down at Cardiff, which will replicate something from last season, leaving us all cursing "Would you believe it, another bloody set piece".

No.... didn't think so.   

Craven Mad

You can expect a team's top, top assets to get sold on relegation - mainly to save wages etc. Mitro/Hugo/Amo/Bryan/Stek will have been on the highest wages - shifting those probably saved in the region of £10m in wages per year.

Our main problem is that we had a strong team [more than good enough for this league] but most of our decent players were ditched by Felix and replaced with dross. Now trying to attract decent players is tough as we don't have the premier league status, nor a good enough squad to convince players they'll only be in the Championship for one year.

Stockdale is the exact sort of keeper we need to be challenging with Betts. Heitinga/Hangeland are better CBs today than any of our current options. Richardson is the LB we need in this league. Kasami would boss the box-to-box midfield role or any of the AM roles we're using this season. Dejagah would offer the pace/skill we miss on the right of midfield. Even Baird, who went slightly earlier, is now captaining the title favourites and he wasn't even one of our best players that year - he's exactly the sort of DM we need right now.

Felix did some massive damage to our team and I think we're still in the process of trying to recover, but I'm expecting it to be a few more years of building before we're back on track.

FulhamStu

I think Alfayed wrote off £200M in debts he built up.  I think Khan wants to do things in a more buiness like way and minimise the debt.

Holders

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 07, 2015, 09:50:26 AM

You can expect a team's top, top assets to get sold on relegation - mainly to save wages etc. Mitro/Hugo/Amo/Bryan/Stek will have been on the highest wages - shifting those probably saved in the region of £10m in wages per year.

Our main problem is that we had a strong team [more than good enough for this league] but most of our decent players were ditched by Felix and replaced with dross. Now trying to attract decent players is tough as we don't have the premier league status, nor a good enough squad to convince players they'll only be in the Championship for one year.

Stockdale is the exact sort of keeper we need to be challenging with Betts. Heitinga/Hangeland are better CBs today than any of our current options. Richardson is the LB we need in this league. Kasami would boss the box-to-box midfield role or any of the AM roles we're using this season. Dejagah would offer the pace/skill we miss on the right of midfield. Even Baird, who went slightly earlier, is now captaining the title favourites and he wasn't even one of our best players that year - he's exactly the sort of DM we need right now.

Felix did some massive damage to our team and I think we're still in the process of trying to recover, but I'm expecting it to be a few more years of building before we're back on track.

So many more that I'd forgotten already - Richardson, Heitinga etc. So you're saying that the problem is lack of attraction for players who need to have confidence that we're going somewhere - Tigana cf. Kit.

e

FulhamStu

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 07, 2015, 09:50:26 AM

But most of these players you quote would be unaffordable from a wages point of view unless Khan was prepared to risk FFP and huge financial loss, which  he does not want.  I personally much prefer our new much younger squad with potential to improve.   We need one or two central defenders and maybe a striker, however if Dembele comes good this season it could make a massive difference.

snarks

Interesting last few posts (deserve a thread of their own)..... but where's the transfer rumour in them???

Nero

Quote from: snarks on August 07, 2015, 10:14:07 AM
Interesting last few posts (deserve a thread of their own)..... but where's the transfer rumour in them???

the rumour is that we cant attract any decent players for what ever reason, wages, manager, lack of ambition etc

snarks

Quote from: Nero on August 07, 2015, 11:16:04 AM
Quote from: snarks on August 07, 2015, 10:14:07 AM

the rumour is that we cant attract any decent players for what ever reason, wages, manager, lack of ambition etc

not a transfer rumour tho' is it? more of a non transfer rumour

Craven Mad

Mesca's gone: "Buomesca Tue Na Bangna has joined Limassol permanently. We'd like to wish Mesca all the best > http://ow.ly/QBY4M"  

Ordar

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 07, 2015, 12:15:58 PM
Mesca's gone: "Buomesca Tue Na Bangna has joined Limassol permanently. We'd like to wish Mesca all the best > http://ow.ly/QBY4M

he never seemed to quite make that next step. Good luck to him

Craven Mad

Quote from: Ordar on August 07, 2015, 12:28:35 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on August 07, 2015, 12:15:58 PM
Mesca's gone: "Buomesca Tue Na Bangna has joined Limassol permanently. We'd like to wish Mesca all the best > http://ow.ly/QBY4M

he never seemed to quite make that next step. Good luck to him

Thought he might make it but injuries seemed to plague his progression. Hope he has more luck elsewhere, but definitely the right time for him to move on.

Southdowns White

Nero

Doesn't look like Gayle will be going to Boro

Cristhian Stuani: Middlesbrough cleared to sign Espanyol striker
Espanyol striker Cristhian Stuani has been confirmed as a Middlesbrough player after the Championship club received international clearance.

Uruguay international Stuani, 28, agreed terms with Boro last month and had been training with the squad while waiting for paperwork to be completed.

He cost the Teessiders £2.8m from the La Liga club, after scoring 16 goals in 48 appearances last season.

Stuani will wear the number 18 shirt for Aitor Karanka's side.

JackyFulham90

We need to move on from Dunk & bring back Michael Turner & put in a decent bud for Stearman.

westcliff white

Dunk starts tonight, but then it could be we have agreed a deal to sign him after next Saturday or it could not. Have heard Newcastle sniffing around him as well.
Every day is a Fulham day