https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookieg

Quote from: Nero on August 10, 2015, 10:38:57 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on August 10, 2015, 10:03:48 PM
Brighton fan on their forum seems to think there is a buy out clause for Lewis Dunk of £5 million, should we hit the buy it now button?

no we will wait until his has a blinder against us then bid 4.25m

Or he will have a stinker and we offer £3m!!

Ordar

I will be extremely annoyed if he has got a £5m buyout clause. Mucking about for the sake of 1m when we could have got him in weeks ago and familiarised himself with the club/system is rediculous. Especially when it's our number 1 position of need

Craven Mad

Quote from: mkras99 on August 10, 2015, 09:25:47 PM
Fulham, Bristol City and Wolverhampton Wanderers are chasing Crystal Palace midfielder Jonny Williams on loan, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/10/championship-trio-target-palaces-jonny-williams/

HITC is pretty flakey for rumours, but I'd be pretty pleased if this was true.

I reckon Williams is underrated considering he's still only 21.

Wearethewhites

I don't see the problem in paying 5 million for Dunk. At 23, I can only see him getting better, so the next stop will be the Premiership for him, with or without Fulham. That being the case, we can easily sell Dunk for more money, or even make a killing on him, if he becomes exceptional.

We've pussy footed around with this deal for far to long now, that it's become strangely odd, unless we've already agreed a deal with Brighton and he joins after our game.

Nero

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 11, 2015, 08:00:16 AM
I don't see the problem in paying 5 million for Dunk. At 23, I can only see him getting better, so the next stop will be the Premiership for him, with or without Fulham. That being the case, we can easily sell Dunk for more money, or even make a killing on him, if he becomes exceptional.

We've pussy footed around with this deal for far to long now, that it's become strangely odd, unless we've already agreed a deal with Brighton and he joins after our game.

Surely if we have signed him it will be announced Friday at a time where he cant be registered to play in the game otherwise if he plays i would say he isnt coming

westcliff white

WHy cant he play for them then sign for us on Monday? I would have thought that would be their preference.
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on August 11, 2015, 08:59:25 AM
WHy cant he play for them then sign for us on Monday? I would have thought that would be their preference.
and if he gets injured?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

TheManOnTheBus

Because he might not try too hard against his hope of PL Football?

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2015, 09:03:02 AM
and if he gets injured?
Not our call though is it, if they don't accept our offer, or do but say they wont do the deal till after the game they have a right to play him.

If he doesn't want to play that's a different issue.

For Brighton it makes sense to delay and play him from our side I would accept that but have a caveat if he gets injured the deal is off till he is fit or off completely. Put the ball in theirs and Dunk's court. If they need the cash and don't want to risk it they wont play him, if he wants to join and doesn't want to risk injury he ill not want to play. We come out of it looking good and with a decent player.

Twig

Fulham, Bristol City and Wolverhampton Wanderers are chasing Crystal Palace midfielder Jonny Williams on loan, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/10/championship-trio-target-palaces-jonny-williams/

Don't know much about him, what position in midfield does he play? We just seem to be linked to so many midfielders when we are already well endowed in that area.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Twig on August 11, 2015, 10:18:12 AM

Don't know much about him, what position in midfield does he play? We just seem to be linked to so many midfielders when we are already well endowed in that area.

21 years old and prefers centre midfield. Can play on either wing and as attacking midfielder behind the forward(s).
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

do we need another midfield player? not saying he isnt a decent player just we have several and we could do with a centre back

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: westcliff white on August 11, 2015, 10:34:50 AM
do we need another midfield player? not saying he isnt a decent player just we have several and we could do with a centre back

. . . and one on loan.

God The Mechanic

Would imagine he'll get linked to Derby now Hughes is out for the next 6 months or so.

Lighthouse

The Club is pleased to announce that a number of our young players have now signed professional terms at Fulham.

Further to the news that Aron Davies, Josh Walker, Aaron Redford and Elijah Adebayo had all gone pro, we can now confirm that midfielders Luca de la Torre and Foday Nabay have signed deals until June 2018, while Tayo Edun, Mattias Kait and Anthony Dolan have agreed terms until June 2017.

Furthermore, Academy youngsters Jerome Opoku, Cassian Thomas, Taye Ashby-Hammond, Marlon Fossey, Dennis Adeniran and Joshua Lukwata have begun scholarships at the Club, as have Moritz Jenz, Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson and Mikolaj Kwietniewski, who have arrived from clubs in Germany, Iceland and Poland respectively.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

jimmyc19

Uwe Hunemeier, a German CB reportedly having a medical at Brighton today.

Surely this means we've finally got our man

mkras99

@reluctantnicko: TIM REAM. New interest from FULHAM. Was hoping that would keep for paper but seems unlikely. BOLTON will sell to highest bidder. QPR maybe.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: jimmyc19 on August 11, 2015, 12:56:22 PM
Uwe Hunemeier, a German CB reportedly having a medical at Brighton today.

Surely this means we've finally got our man

or he has a new partner? :O

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mkras99 on August 11, 2015, 12:58:38 PM
@reluctantnicko: TIM REAM. New interest from FULHAM. Was hoping that would keep for paper but seems unlikely. BOLTON will sell to highest bidder. QPR maybe.

Would be a nice addition. Was their club and fan player of the season last season. Very good on the ball for a CB and good passer. Can play CB, LB and DMid.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude