watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

SSN. Gayle going to Bristol City for a fee rising to £6 mil. What on earth were we doing? Nothing
Where there's a will there's a wife

Horsfield_No9

BREAKING NEWS

"Crystal Palace have accepted an initial bid of £6m from Bristol City for striker Dwight Gayle, according to Sky sources.

It is thought the deal could rise to £8 million with incentives and Palace boss Alan Pardew revealed last week he was willing to let Gayle leave if the price was right."

6m rising to 8 is a bit much in my opinion. Ok with missing out here.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

TheManOnTheBus

Agree.  I think Moussa will come good this year and we do not need another striker. Now ....a CB or two.

FPT

Fulham have made a firm enquiry for Tim Ream according to Alan Nixon. Bolton Wanderers' Player of the Year two consecutive years in a row, has played largely at centre back and left back and also posted time in a defensive midfield row. It's been a while since we've had an American really contribute to the first team. No fee mentioned, but presume around £1.5m-£2m.

alexbishop

I think we either offer Moussa a generous contract and get him signed up for the next 4 years or if he doesn't sign we meet Palace's asking price and bring Gayle (or an alternative) in.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: grandad on August 11, 2015, 01:43:58 PM
SSN. Gayle going to Bristol City for a fee rising to £6 mil. What on earth were we doing? Nothing

our critical need is in defence. with strikers we are ok.

westcliff white

While I agree we need a centre back I do worry if Ross gets injured who will pick up the mantle.
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: westcliff white on August 11, 2015, 02:26:10 PM
While I agree we need a centre back I do worry if Ross gets injured who will pick up the mantle.

I have the very same worry. I'd certainly feel better if Taggart hadn't been a sick note (no offense to the player) his entire tenure with us. Be great to know what we have with him.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Swiss72

I have read somewhere that Taggart might leave for a club on the Continent.  Whilst we could do with some cover up front, we really need one or two CBs.

Should we not already have a deal for Dunk in place (who knows with Saturday's game looming...), the lack of statement of intent in this window is a worry.  We signed a few good players, but hardly spent the money saved by off-loading Rodders and Ruiz for example.

I am not calling for a £10m+ marquee signing (we usually make a hash of those barring Ross maybe), but it would be good to complete the the few additions we need in defense. It all feels a bit flat.

Wearethewhites

Why on earth would Gayle go to Bristol City? Surely someone has to come in now and match that bid.

davew

Quote from: mkras99 on August 11, 2015, 02:55:06 PM
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/11/swansea-burnley-fulham-tracking-christie/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

How many more midfielders do we need, thought that area had been sorted? I am still waiting to hear that we really do intend to improve our defence and also add 1 proven goal scorer to our squad, if we don't, then we can probably forget challenging for promotion for at least 1 more year!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

west kowloon white

Gayle to Bristol City says it all.Somehow suspect it won't happen but perhaps his level?
Despite FFP we seem to have money in the kitty to take advantage of the usual window closure frenzy.Patience required.Either that or we are super sustainable mid table.

Lighthouse

We desperately need a forward as well as central defender(s). Dembele hasn't signed a contract and has yet show he can step up. Woodrow is not an answer and Taggart has had nothing but injury problems and still has. Smith and Ross are really our only forwards.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 11, 2015, 03:32:22 PM
We desperately need a forward as well as central defender(s). Dembele hasn't signed a contract and has yet show he can step up. Woodrow is not an answer and Taggart has had nothing but injury problems and still has. Smith and Ross are really our only forwards.
Forgetting if he is going or not, I thought dembele showed on Saturday he can step up.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

valdeingruo

Quote from: MJG on August 11, 2015, 03:45:04 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 11, 2015, 03:32:22 PM
Forgetting if he is going or not, I thought dembele showed on Saturday he can step up.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing, he looked very mature on the ball. He shaped to shoot, then saw Ross and unselfishly squared Ross up. I would not have blamed him for shooting in that scenario, he could have had a good shot too.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

TheManOnTheBus

Agreed. Last season he would have shot rather than squared. I thought a big difference in maturity, physique and attitude. How angry was he? It shows he cared.

grandad

The Mail are stirring it as usual.

Fulham begin talks with Ross McCormack over new contract in attempt to fend off interest from Norwich and Middlesbrough

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3193838/Fulham-begin-talks-Ross-McCormack-new-contract-attempt-fend-Norwich-Middlesbrough.html#ixzz3iWNRk7QU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Where there's a will there's a wife

Swiss72

Rumour is that Boro are interested in Ross....  :028: