https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas White

Quote from: MJG on August 11, 2015, 03:45:04 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 11, 2015, 03:32:22 PM
We desperately need a forward as well as central defender(s). Dembele hasn't signed a contract and has yet show he can step up. Woodrow is not an answer and Taggart has had nothing but injury problems and still has. Smith and Ross are really our only forwards.
Forgetting if he is going or not, I thought dembele showed on Saturday he can step up.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Yes agreed. Why spunk money on Gayle when this kid could become the real deal...

rusty shackleford

How in the blue hell have Stoke signed Shaqiri? No matter how many times i read it i still cant believe it

mike_corkcity12

8 weeks chasing Lewis Dunk and we are still going to have to pay a premium for him. Very odd why we didn't conclude before start of season. Rigg?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Texas White on August 11, 2015, 06:17:40 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 11, 2015, 03:45:04 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 11, 2015, 03:32:22 PM
We desperately need a forward as well as central defender(s). Dembele hasn't signed a contract and has yet show he can step up. Woodrow is not an answer and Taggart has had nothing but injury problems and still has. Smith and Ross are really our only forwards.
Forgetting if he is going or not, I thought dembele showed on Saturday he can step up.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Yes agreed. Why spunk money on Gayle when this kid could become the real deal...

Because he isn't the real deal and doesn't want to stay.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mkras99

Murray Burnell ‏@Murray_Burnell  8m8 minutes ago
Kit Symons tells @BBCLondonSport that there are "positive talks going on" to bring new players to the club. Says he's hopeful. #FFC

hovewhite

dembele hasn't come out and asked for a transfer so far that anybody knows where as Roberts did so im giving him the benefit of the doubt till he publicy states he wants out!

ffc73

Bristol City confirm bid for Gayle accepted & they are talking to player & agent tomorrow

Wearethewhites

Quote from: FFC73 on August 11, 2015, 10:20:56 PM
Bristol City confirm bid for Gayle accepted & they are talking to player & agent tomorrow

Earlier, it said that Gayle had rejected the move.

ffc73

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 11, 2015, 10:22:15 PM
Quote from: FFC73 on August 11, 2015, 10:20:56 PM

Earlier, it said that Gayle had rejected the move.

No one have told City yet then as they are saying they are expecting to talk to him tomorrow, although they do also say not a done deal yet

SC: "We bid for Dwight Gayle. It has been accepted. That's only the first part of the job."   
Bristol City FC
bcfctweets
SC: "We bid for Dwight Gayle. It has been accepted. That's only the first part of the job."
9:04 p.m. - 11 August 2015

SC: "We need to talk to the player and his agent. I'll probably know more tomorrow."
Bristol City FC
bcfctweets
SC: "We need to talk to the player and his agent. I'll probably know more tomorrow."
9:05 p.m. - 11 August 2015

Jonaldiniho 88

I think 6mill is over the odds. I also think I may be proved to be completely wrong. He could be the difference. I feel him and Ross are quality championship strikers but not the mustard in the PL. Smith doesn't fill many on here with confidence but I think he could be our bobby this season and has it in him to improve to the PL. If we got him, smith up top with Gayle on the shoulder and Ross a number ten. That would be hard to stop in so many ways. You couldn't drop off, you couldn't push up and we could mess teams about with clever training. Let's say smith drops deep. Who marks him? Let's say the mobile defender put on Ross has to deal with smith? That a mismatch that works in our favour. The pacey defender they play against Gayle has smith dropping onto him how does that play? We can cause mismatches with that formation.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 11, 2015, 10:31:49 PM
I think 6mill is over the odds. I also think I may be proved to be completely wrong. He could be the difference. I feel him and Ross are quality championship strikers but not the mustard in the PL. Smith doesn't fill many on here with confidence but I think he could be our bobby this season and has it in him to improve to the PL. If we got him, smith up top with Gayle on the shoulder and Ross a number ten. That would be hard to stop in so many ways. You couldn't drop off, you couldn't push up and we could mess teams about with clever training. Let's say smith drops deep. Who marks him? Let's say the mobile defender put on Ross has to deal with smith? That a mismatch that works in our favour. The pacey defender they play against Gayle has smith dropping onto him how does that play? We can cause mismatches with that formation.

We won't buy Gayle anyway, or any other striker, as I've a feeling Kit will stick with his favourite Woodrow.

mkras99

Alan Nixon
‏@reluctantnicko
Neil Lennon confirms Fulham have joined QPR in the race for Tim Ream. No fee agreed yet. But looks like it could be soon.

Lighthouse

Lennon is reported to have said the valuation is not what they want and Ream is not for sale.

Well Ream or Dunk or both or neither. One thing is sure. Hutchinson appears to be playing better since we are reported being after central defenders.

rusty shackleford

Is Tim Ream not supposed to be awful? I've only seen him a couple of times but wasn't impressed. Anyone know any better?

Lighthouse

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 11, 2015, 11:19:40 PM
Is Tim Ream not supposed to be awful? I've only seen him a couple of times but wasn't impressed. Anyone know any better?

He has been player of the year up there for a few seasons. I haven't seen much of him but am not overly impressed but then Dunk isn't worth the much bigger valuation IMO either. Are they improvements in what we have? Dunk I guess so. Ream possibly.

Fulhamerica23

Was highly regarded in MLS and broke through quite quickly into the national team before signing on with Bolton. He's been pretty good overall throughout the years there, especially in the Championship. Think he's a very good Championship defender. Struggled at times in the EPL and never really lived up to the hype of a regular national team player. Just was recently called back for the Gold Cup, but wasn't first choice.

Versitile player. A center back back trade, but can go out on the left fullback position, or sit in as a defensive midfielder. Great left foot out of the back.

love4ffc

Saw Ream play in 2011 in the gold cup.  Thought he played exceptional back then.  Have not seen him play since but if he can play like he did back then...well then I see a great player for FFC. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

jimmyc19

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 11, 2015, 11:30:43 PM

Was highly regarded in MLS and broke through quite quickly into the national team before signing on with Bolton. He's been pretty good overall throughout the years there, especially in the Championship. Think he's a very good Championship defender. Struggled at times in the EPL and never really lived up to the hype of a regular national team player. Just was recently called back for the Gold Cup, but wasn't first choice.

Versitile player. A center back back trade, but can go out on the left fullback position, or sit in as a defensive midfielder. Great left foot out of the back.

Probably why he's not considered to be a better CB. But, I will give him that he's likely one of the best passing CBs in the league. And if he was poor defensively, he'd never have been player of the season two seasons running.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude