https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: jimmyc19 on August 12, 2015, 12:16:07 AM
Wasn't in the Brighton squad tonight
I was at the game what with Southend being my local team. In the bar beforehand some BHFC fans were saying he was on the team coach, however he wasn't in the first team squad and he didnt get of the coach when it arrived at Roots Hall,

For info after the first 15 minutes had gone, Brighton were outplayed by Southend and the better team didnt win the game
Every day is a Fulham day

mike_corkcity12

Symons thanks Khan for spending. We haven't spent though, we are breaking even on transfers and wages I would imagine.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 12, 2015, 08:35:05 AM
Symons thanks Khan for spending. We haven't spent though, we are breaking even on transfers and wages I would imagine.

Jesus. Symons sounds pretty simple saying this. We know we haven't spent, all our players bar Cairney were free!

MJG

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 12, 2015, 09:54:57 AM
Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 12, 2015, 08:35:05 AM

Jesus. Symons sounds pretty simple saying this. We know we haven't spent, all our players bar Cairney were free!
Because free signings are free aren't they? I mean no signing on fee at all.
I don't know the transfer fees but Pringle on the market would be how much 1-2m ....reckon he got a high six figure signing on fee for a start. Lonergan less and O'Hara ..who knows , but point is a free is not free.

And its clear we are trying to spend the money and once a couple of moves happen we will have a net spend.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

Agree MJG people always forget the fees paid to players and or agents.

People also don't take into account that we may have sold Roberts but how much of that was upfront? 2 million or so? rest in installments over x number of years and then a lot in add ons if certain targets are met.

I am more looking at who do we think maybe coming in Dunk, Ream Gayle? All 3 would be decent signings and if we got all 3 it would be great but 2 of the 3 would be  good and add that to who we have I would say we have had a good window.

For me O'hara (no matter what we have paid) could well turn out to be a bargin

west kowloon white

Is Gayle at 6m and Dunk at,say,5 m plus all the add ons really possible within the "Fair" play rules MJG? Expectations followed by Khan criticism.

mike_corkcity12

Alex Howell ‏@Bundesliga_UK  2m2 minutes ago
Thomas Eisfeld is close to completing his permanent move from Fulham to VfL Bochum. #BOC #FFC

westcliff white

Quote from: west kowloon white on August 12, 2015, 10:36:25 AM
Is Gayle at 6m and Dunk at,say,5 m plus all the add ons really possible within the "Fair" play rules MJG? Expectations followed by Khan criticism.
I guess also this would depend how the fee is structured, if we pay over the term of a 3 year contract we reduce our FFP impact for this year as we have not paid all the money up front, that's how I understand it. However I do not know where we are in relation to FFP.

fulhamben

add ons will only count when activated. And we can go 13 mil over FFP if we wish
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2015, 10:40:41 AM
add ons will only count when activated. And we can go 13 mil over FFP if we wish
Well its not really over £13M is the max allowed loss under the FFP rules.

I have done my fag packet calculations and I still maintain that we could have a net spend of £10M and be well inside that loss figure. As someone who does not advocating going to a £13M loss I'm quite happy with that £10m net spend figure, which it seems we are willing to do for the right players.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 10:43:33 AM

I have done my fag packet calculations and I still maintain that we could have a net spend of £10M and be well inside that loss figure. As someone who does not advocating going to a £13M loss I'm quite happy with that £10m net spend figure, which it seems we are willing to do for the right players.
But we can ease that further depending on how we pay the fee is that correct? for instance we sign Dunk on a 5 year deal for 5 million and pay that over the fee over the initial contract period meaning our FFP impact form this deal (fee wise only) is 1 million per season, this is unrealistic I know but trying to give a simple example.

fulhamben

I
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Craven Mad

SSN@10:10 - Brighton are set to complete the signing of German defender Uwe Hunemeier, reports The Argus. The report suggests the 29-year-old was due for a medical last night to complete a £1.4m move from Paderborn.

Dunk's replacement? Could explain why we've not made progress in a while; Brighton want a replacement signed before letting him go.

BestOfBrede

"People also don't take into account that we may have sold Roberts but how much of that was upfront? 2 million or so? rest in installments over x number of years and then a lot in add ons if certain targets are met".

Well that's our fault for agreeing terms, isn't it?
We should have said b*gger orf or pay up in full - it's not like they don't have the money is it!

snarks

Brighton were also in for Upson before he went elsewhere, that could have delayed the dunk move (if it is ever going to happen)

westcliff white

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 12, 2015, 11:10:23 AM
"People also don't take into account that we may have sold Roberts but how much of that was upfront? 2 million or so? rest in installments over x number of years and then a lot in add ons if certain targets are met".

We should have said b*gger orf or pay up in full - it's not like they don't have the money is it!

I am not saying thats what happened, but it is possible. but yes they can afford it

BedsFFC

The one transfer we did was just after the end of the season a few years back.

It was announced that Bullard was going to sign.

It came out later that whilst we were in discussions, we had said to his agent. "If any of this comes out prior to signing, the deal is off". I remember being quite impressed with that.

Dont suppose we carry quite the same weight these days

westcliff white

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 12, 2015, 11:23:53 AM
The one transfer we did was just after the end of the season a few years back.

It was announced that Bullard was going to sign.

It came out later that whilst we were in discussions, we had said to his agent. "If any of this comes out prior to signing, the deal is off". I remember being quite impressed with that.

Dont suppose we carry quite the same weight these days
I heard this story the other way around that it was Bullards side that wanted it kept quiet or the deal was off. We did the deal in March or April time and he didnt play the last few games for Wigan as I seem to remember. Long time ago now that one.

The Dunk rumours are tedious now, I am waiting to see who we bring in and let go (loan or permanent) as and when announced on the Offal.

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on August 12, 2015, 10:46:55 AM

But we can ease that further depending on how we pay the fee is that correct? for instance we sign Dunk on a 5 year deal for 5 million and pay that over the fee over the initial contract period meaning our FFP impact form this deal (fee wise only) is 1 million per season, this is unrealistic I know but trying to give a simple example.
It is unrealistic but I get your point.  I'll be honest and say how they account for future expenditure when working out the accounts for the football league(which is different to published accounts) i'm not sure.
For example in the published accounts of 13-14 we had future liablities of £11M in Txf fees.

MJG

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 12, 2015, 11:10:23 AM

But thats how we have done some of our deals in the past. Its normal practice to spread over two seasons usually, especally if a high fee.