more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: snarks on August 12, 2015, 04:27:02 PM
Not really Ben, it says we didn't meet their valuation. If Fulham bid £4 million, because that's what they think he is worth, and the other club say we want £6 million or no deal.

If Fulham decide he isn't worth the extra, than that is their decision, not an indication of money not being there.
no I'm not having that. It's not our place to value other teams players for them. A certain wenger got in trouble for that a few years back. You either have the money for the player or not. By all means go low and hope you get them cheap, but if you fall short then you clearly don't have the money.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

snarks

No it's the Clubs place to value how much they are prepared to pay for a player, if the selling club want more, then you don't buy if you think he isn't worth it.

I have £10,000 to buy a car I see one for £10000, I offer the guy £9000 as that what I think it's worth looking at milage condition colour etc. He says no, I walk away. I have the money, he wants to charge me more than I value it. Same thing.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2015, 04:45:44 PM
Not really Ben, it says we didn't meet their valuation. If Fulham bid £4 million, because that's what they think he is worth, and the other club say we want £6 million or no deal.

If Fulham decide he isn't worth the extra, than that is their decision, not an indication of money not being there.
no I'm not having that. It's not our place to value other teams players for them. A certain wenger got in trouble for that a few years back. You either have the money for the player or not. By all means go low and hope you get them cheap, but if you fall short then you clearly don't have the money.

So, if we've got 10 million remaining to spend on the right target(s), Brighton decide that they only want to sell him at 9 million, and we decide not to buy him at that price, your contention is that we didn't buy because we didn't have the money? I've made the example a silly one, price-wise, but, at some point he's worth a certain amount to any buyer and beyond that it's wasted money that restricts the buying club's ability/flexibility to work under FFP.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Nero

My own feeling is we're holding money back to pay compensation for a new manager and to give him some funds to spend if it all goes wrong with kit

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: Nero on August 12, 2015, 05:31:51 PM
My own feeling is we're holding money back to pay compensation for a new manager and to give him some funds to spend if it all goes wrong with kit
What manager?

Nero

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 12, 2015, 05:42:18 PM
What manager?
No idea that will be down to a 8 man panel

fulhamben

Quote from: Nero on August 12, 2015, 05:45:13 PM
Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 12, 2015, 05:42:18 PM
What manager?
No idea that will be down to a 8 man panel
As long as we get a ten man panel to pick the 8 man panel then I'm in

ToodlesMcToot

I hope that this is not the case. It'd be like cutting your nose off to spite your face. Why back the guy as the manager and then withhold the funds he needs to buy the, I think, reasonable and necessary targets he's set just so that they can fire him when it inevitably goes wrong. If that's the approach, then why not replace him with the next guy now and improve the squad properly from the start. Makes no sense to me.

I'm sure that there is money budgeted for January, as there always is. I sincerely hope that it's not because the club are starting the season, expecting failure.

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 12, 2015, 05:22:46 PM

So, if we've got 10 million remaining to spend on the right target(s), Brighton decide that they only want to sell him at 9 million, and we decide not to buy him at that price, your contention is that we didn't buy because we didn't have the money? I've made the example a silly one, price-wise, but, at some point he's worth a certain amount to any buyer and beyond that it's wasted money that restricts the buying club's ability/flexibility to work under FFP.
Is it wasted money to get the player you want?  And what's ffp got to do with it? I'm responding to someone who said we had money for the right players. Well if mcdonald and Dunk aren't the right players then I don't  know who are. But then again I'm basing it on the fact the club told us we are aiming for top 6.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2015, 06:02:12 PM

Is it wasted money to get the player you want?  And what's ffp got to do with it? I'm responding to someone who said we had money for the right players. Well if mcdonald and Dunk aren't the right players then I don't  know who are. But then again I'm basing it on the fact the club told us we are aiming for top 6.

It can be. Sure.

I've no doubt that we have money to spend on the right players. But, if our valuation for a player is 4 million and the selling club's valuation is significantly higher than that, then that player ceases to be the right player.

And, FFP's got everything to do with it. It impacts our transfer budget and wage structure. If we can only afford to do 10 million in spending on players in order to avoid exceeding the 13 million in losses we are allowed to afford ourselves annually, then we can't afford to overspend on a single player when we have multiple positions to improve.

MJG

Quite simply any club has a value they see in a player,  just as you do with a car or a house.

You pay what you think it's worth. Just because I didn't pay the asking price for a flat I wanted doesn't mean I didn't have the money,  just that the asking price was not the valuation I thought it was. And in fact I paid more for another flat.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 06:57:19 PM
Quite simply any club has a value they see in a player,  just as you do with a car or a house.

You pay what you think it's worth. Just because I didn't pay the asking price for a flat I wanted doesn't mean I didn't have the money,  just that the asking price was not the valuation I thought it was. And in fact I paid more for another flat.
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 12, 2015, 06:53:21 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2015, 06:02:12 PM

It can be. Sure.

I've no doubt that we have money to spend on the right players. But, if our valuation for a player is 4 million and the selling club's valuation is significantly higher than that, then that player ceases to be the right player.

And, FFP's got everything to do with it. It impacts our transfer budget and wage structure. If we can only afford to do 10 million in spending on players in order to avoid exceeding the 13 million in losses we are allowed to afford ourselves annually, then we can't afford to overspend on a single player when we have multiple positions to improve.
sorry but the player you want doesn't become the wrong type of player just because you can't afford him. He was the one targeted to help us get in the top 6. He is the one we can't afford by the looks of it, anything else said is just an excuse for us not having the money. And ffp is irrelevant as I don't believe we will be given the funds to take us anywhere near our limit.

MJG

So Ben what is the maximum amount you would pay to get him?
  I'll give you a budget of 10m and thinking what we need elsewhere ,  how much would pay right now today?

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 07:23:13 PM
  I'll give you a budget of 10m and thinking what we need elsewhere ,  how much would pay right now today?
are we talking wages too?

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2015, 07:40:41 PM
Nope just txf fees

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 07:43:36 PM
Nope just txf fees
I'll play your game. But my point was we don't have money for the right players not how to balance the budget. And this is all conjecture as we won't know if bid will be accepted. But I'd go at 5 for dunk and if accepted I would spend 2 on a left back. I would get a better right back but next season and not this one. I'd spend 520k (this year's wages) on a contract extension for Dembele 10k a week obviously and hold the other 2.5 for January just in case

Jonaldiniho 88

The thing is the value of a player with a whole preseason to settle and work with his new teammates should be greater than the value after two/three games and no preseason. If we now offer what they want why didn't we do that early doors? Brighton aren't likely to have wanted him to play the first few games (one against the potential buyer) over get the money in and getting the same preseason/settling time with their replacement. I would pay extra for any integral players to get them in for a full preseason. Things aren't ever black and white but if we give them what they wanted we would have had him for the preseason for the same price.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2015, 07:52:37 PM
Nope just txf fees
I'll play your game. But my point was we don't have money for the right players not how to balance the budget. And this is all conjecture as we won't know if bid will be accepted. But I'd go at 5 for dunk and if accepted I would spend 2 on a left back. I would get a better right back but next season and not this one. I'd spend 520k (this year's wages) on a contract extension for Dembele 10k a week obviously and hold the other 2.5 for January just in case
So 5m for Dunk. Well that's the deal in place anyway.  So when I say 6m is too much you would agree then?

Nero

Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 08:02:01 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2015, 07:52:37 PM
Nope just txf fees
So 5m for Dunk. Well that's the deal in place anyway.  So when I say 6m is too much you would agree then?

Frankly we  could spend 10m on a centre back think we would conced 1 a game

Fulhamerica23

If we end up getting Dunk, what's it matter if we get him August 2nd or 22nd or 31st. The season is 46 games long, if he misses a August fixture, it's not really a big deal. Don't judge the transfer window on August 12th.