watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

My twitter feed is saying that Newcastle are firming up their interest in Dunk and offering a part exchange deal player (Mike Williamson) + cash.

If any bid from us is accepted and Newcastle's then the player will have a choice to make now. Prem football up north or championship football in west London.

Club will only have themselves to blame if player opts for the former. We've had a whole window pursuing this and haven't got it over the line.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

cottage cheese

Quote from: jayffc on August 13, 2015, 09:56:26 AM
Quote from: cottage cheese on August 13, 2015, 09:32:21 AM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 13, 2015, 09:25:19 AM
Quote from: cottage cheese on August 13, 2015, 08:52:58 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9947426/queens-park-rangers-agree-16314m-deal-to-sign-boltons-tim-ream

the farce at this club continues!

Which club are you talking about, Fulham or QPR?

Us! Seriously have no idea how this club does not see that our defence is so poor (one of the worst last season). We need a good CB to partner hutch or Burn. We have had a bid rejected for Ream yet QPR have had one accepted at £1.4m... Does this club not realise you might have to increase the figure for players for a certain calibre.

It takes a signing at least a few games/month to really adapt and fit in and we really need to start strong as have a tough couple of games leading up to Xmas!

I despair with the whinging and panicking of certain fans. The windows not shut yet, plenty of time to do business, we don't know the ins and outs of dealings inside the club, we don't have the current accounts to peruse...we seem to know that our top target is Dunk. Maybe plan B C or D was Tim Ream and we didn't fancy it that much other than as an extra cheaper option. Maybe Hutchs form has put that idea on hold, who knows?! But throwing your toys about and crying farce at the club seems frankly ridiculous. We did alot of our business very early, there have been interviews with our manager saying they are well aware of our frailties in defence lastseason and that it's being addressed and yet...Impatient whining and hysteric wailing all over he place. Grow up, chill out and let it play out, save ya moaning and negative energy for the end of the window to see if no one is in and if by 10 games in our defence is still as leaky as before then moan till your heart is content. What's farcicle is the spoilt fans on here whinging about spending millions of another mans money without even knowing the intentions or accounts or restrictions involved- the mind truy boggles.

You're jumping the gun here. My point is that we had a bid rejected from Bolton and QPR have had one accepted at £1.4m! My point is how much is this club bidding for players! Thats the problem! We need a CB and a good one at least. Why tip toe around instead of just going look bang here's a reasonable fee. We did it with Ross last year so I know we can do it!

Steven Ageroad

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9947426/queens-park-rangers-agree-16314m-deal-to-sign-boltons-tim-ream

Sorry, could I re write my post, I did not want to appear negative, I meant to say
" You are referring to QPR of course"
Hope that clears the matter up.

Horsfield_No9

Lots of tweets doing the rounds saying Newcastle are now firmly in for Dunk offering Mike Williamson as part of the deal. Lets hope he wants to stay down South :(
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Nero

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on August 13, 2015, 10:23:12 AM
Lots of tweets doing the rounds saying Newcastle are now firmly in for Dunk offering Mike Williamson as part of the deal. Lets hope he wants to stay down South :(

Well that's good news no club in there right mind would want Williamson

Craven Mad

Not sure Brighton would want to assimilate Williamson's wages, nor do I think Dunk will want to go up North to sit on a bench.

If Brighton accepts Newcastle's terms, I think the deciding factor will be wages. We shouldn't break our wage structure to get Dunk.

My worry with an offer from us is Brighton may be unwilling to accept an offer from a rival...

I'm sort of hoping the downfall of Lascelles at Newcastle will help Lewis realise a starting slot in a promotion chasing team will be more valuable in the long-term than a bench slot in an established premier league side. With our ambition, we should be able to offer him premier league football within 1-3 years and he'll be a starter for us, no doubt.

westcliff white

that's true Nero very True, but then didnt he make his name in the Championship for Watford? still wouldn't want him mind you.

As for Dunk if he come she comes if he doesn't then lets move on, any sensible player will choose the prem over the champ for sure purely on football and financial terms, however if he is (as some reports have said) a lad who likes to be close to his family then maybe we still have a look in. I wouldn't be surprised that if we match QPR's bid for Ream if they have in fact had one accepted and of course if we are actually interested.
Every day is a Fulham day

alexbishop

Quote from: westcliff white on August 13, 2015, 10:30:45 AM
that's true Nero very True, but then didnt he make his name in the Championship for Watford? still wouldn't want him mind you.

As for Dunk if he come she comes if he doesn't then lets move on, any sensible player will choose the prem over the champ for sure purely on football and financial terms, however if he is (as some reports have said) a lad who likes to be close to his family then maybe we still have a look in. I wouldn't be surprised that if we match QPR's bid for Ream if they have in fact had one accepted and of course if we are actually interested.

If he isn't coming we should have moved on ages ago. We are running out of time and I don't want to bring in a player who is 18th on our shortlist because we've missed the boat on the others because we've been dithering with this for so long
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

westcliff white

Quote from: alexbishop on August 13, 2015, 10:51:47 AM

If he isn't coming we should have moved on ages ago. We are running out of time and I don't want to bring in a player who is 18th on our shortlist because we've missed the boat on the others because we've been dithering with this for so long
Generally I agree, but say he was deciding and then Newcastle come in, that changes the picture for both him and more importantly us.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on August 13, 2015, 10:55:09 AM

Generally I agree, but say he was deciding and then Newcastle come in, that changes the picture for both him and more importantly us.
deciding? We never got a bid accepted to give him the option to decide
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Anyway I'm here to pass on false hopes (One for the TIFF readers) that we are/will/maybe getting a centre back anytime in the rest of the month.

Well at least that's what I have been told to say.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 13, 2015, 11:00:42 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 13, 2015, 10:55:09 AM

deciding? We never got a bid accepted to give him the option to decide
My bad i was talking about players in general not specifically Dunk.

mangoputney

:005: :005: :005: :005:

well played

I'm still not convinced by Khans 'at all costs' rally cry... he's secured the ST revenue once again and he'll deal with Symon's when the inevitable happens

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

jayffc

Quote from: cottage cheese on August 13, 2015, 10:13:36 AM

Us! Seriously have no idea how this club does not see that our defence is so poor (one of the worst last season). We need a good CB to partner hutch or Burn. We have had a bid rejected for Ream yet QPR have had one accepted at £1.4m... Does this club not realise you might have to increase the figure for players for a certain calibre.

It takes a signing at least a few games/month to really adapt and fit in and we really need to start strong as have a tough couple of games leading up to Xmas!

I despair with the whinging and panicking of certain fans. The windows not shut yet, plenty of time to do business, we don't know the ins and outs of dealings inside the club, we don't have the current accounts to peruse...we seem to know that our top target is Dunk. Maybe plan B C or D was Tim Ream and we didn't fancy it that much other than as an extra cheaper option. Maybe Hutchs form has put that idea on hold, who knows?! But throwing your toys about and crying farce at the club seems frankly ridiculous. We did alot of our business very early, there have been interviews with our manager saying they are well aware of our frailties in defence lastseason and that it's being addressed and yet...Impatient whining and hysteric wailing all over he place. Grow up, chill out and let it play out, save ya moaning and negative energy for the end of the window to see if no one is in and if by 10 games in our defence is still as leaky as before then moan till your heart is content. What's farcicle is the spoilt fans on here whinging about spending millions of another mans money without even knowing the intentions or accounts or restrictions involved- the mind truy boggles.

You're jumping the gun here. My point is that we had a bid rejected from Bolton and QPR have had one accepted at £1.4m! My point is how much is this club bidding for players! Thats the problem! We need a CB and a good one at least. Why tip toe around instead of just going look bang here's a reasonable fee. We did it with Ross last year so I know we can do it!

Because perhaps they felt Ross was worth the amount they paid for him and Team wasn't worth much more than they offered? Clubs make informal/formal bids all the time and don't go back in with more money. Perhaps there are other deals on the table that are more appealing who knows. That's the point, you and fulham ben literally have next to No idea where negotiations are at or other players so why not just wait and see.

And on that matter fulhamben - we've all established that the defence needed looking at - last year kit brought in Husband and Turner and we had Richards- this season we have brought in Garbutt and signed Richards permanently and have repeatedly stated in official interviews we are well aware that the defence needed assessing. So, until the window closes as most of us realise some transfer dealings can often go to the wire for what I thought were blindingly obvious reasons, I shall wait and see what the club does before lambasting them and constantly moaning without the foggiest clue what the inside conversations are and the state of negotiations other than what pops up on twitter or in any number of random football sites.

It's a new season with a number of new 1st team signings and so far it's played 2 won 1, drawn 1, conceded 1. So how about just being reasonable human beings and waiting till transfer season closes and we have more information on where we are at?!

fulhamben

Quote from: jayffc on August 13, 2015, 11:24:33 AM
Quote from: cottage cheese on August 13, 2015, 10:13:36 AM

Because perhaps they felt Ross was worth the amount they paid for him and Team wasn't worth much more than they offered? Clubs make informal/formal bids all the time and don't go back in with more money. Perhaps there are other deals on the table that are more appealing who knows. That's the point, you and fulham ben literally have next to No idea where negotiations are at or other players so why not just wait and see.

And on that matter fulhamben - we've all established that the defence needed looking at - last year kit brought in Husband and Turner and we had Richards- this season we have brought in Garbutt and signed Richards permanently and have repeatedly stated in official interviews we are well aware that the defence needed assessing. So, until the window closes as most of us realise some transfer dealings can often go to the wire for what I thought were blindingly obvious reasons, I shall wait and see what the club does before lambasting them and constantly moaning without the foggiest clue what the inside conversations are and the state of negotiations other than what pops up on twitter or in any number of random football sites.

It's a new season with a number of new 1st team signings and so far it's played 2 won 1, drawn 1, conceded 1. So how about just being reasonable human beings and waiting till transfer season closes and we have more information on where we are at?!
actually I have been saying that I don't think we have the money for good signings if you read my posts. It's only because MJG gave me a ten million hyperthetical budget that I started on about Dunk. And as to Richards and Garbutt, I've already stated that Richards isn't a better player than he was last year just because he has signed on a perm, and Garbutt could be our new jari so I don't think we have come close to improving our defence. Especially now Grimmer is injured who I believe to be our best right back
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jayffc

Every year I hear people saying we don't have the money...literally every season I can remember on every forum going...and then we sign McCormack, AJ, Ruiz,Mitroglue,Marlet etc etc etc. We are not a top 4 side with endless revenue and we are a club that tries where possible to not get ourselves in trouble ala pompey and the rest.

Again as 99% of this moaning comes from guesswork and assumptions...how about holding off till the end of the window at least. Even then it may be that the money is there but not just to spend on players that we don't want much. There are so many factors in transfer beyond just the initial valuation.

spikey norman

According to press report today Dwight Gayle not interested in joining Bristol City.
Norwich favourites to sign him.Fulham and QPR still interested in signing him.
Bristol City will go for Andre Gray if Gayle move fails

jayffc

Quote from: spikey norman on August 13, 2015, 12:18:18 PM
According to press report today Dwight Gayle not interested in joining Bristol City.
Norwich favourites to sign him.Fulham and QPR still interested in signing him.
Bristol City will go for Andre Gray if Gayle move fails

Would be happy with either of those players myself from what I've seen...whilst not an outright priority some pace up front is always welcome. Kit reporting we were in positive negotiations post wycombe game so let's hope we see another signing or 2 before the windows out!

Lighthouse

Ross has agreed new terms according to Twitterverse.

I prefer taking gossip and wild speculation than having to read all the rubbish on these pages that are just repeating the old Fulham lie over transfer money twaddle. Please start another thread and stop filling up silly season transfer thread.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

f321ffc

From Brighton forum
Andy Naylor @AndyNaylorArgus
Things can change, of course, but I am reliably informed #bhafc have not received an offer from Newcastle for Lewis Dunk.
11:21 AM - 13 Aug 2015 · South East, England, United Kingdom
     21 21 Retweets   20 20 favorites
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional