watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

According to a few on twitter,Dwight Gayle was having a cosy up with less ferdinand at the qpr game last night.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: fulhamben on August 16, 2015, 10:28:49 AM
According to a few on twitter,Dwight Gayle was having a cosy up with less ferdinand at the qpr game last night.

He'll of been impressed with the huge QPR faithfuls dedication....all 48000 of them snuck into the ground dressed as empty seats. Great atmosphere.

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 16, 2015, 10:58:33 AM

He'll of been impressed with the huge QPR faithfuls dedication....all 48000 of them snuck into the ground dressed as empty seats. Great atmosphere.

Lol

Slaphead in Qatar

less ferdinand? I am sure thats just a freudian slip  :005:

Steven Ageroad

Just like the cosy up that Ferdinand was having with Ream the night before.

fulhamben

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 16, 2015, 12:58:44 PM

Just like the cosy up that Ferdinand was having with Ream the night before.
It's a better indication than Fulham are preparing a bid though

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

BedsFFC

Lets be honest, fans forums are a really good way of gauging a players ability. Bolton fans seem completely indifferent. This caught my eye.

As a centre half, Ream looked like he could be a decent full back & as a full back, he looked like he could be a decent midfield player.

I've no complaints with the effort that Ream put in for us, he just wasn't that good, & I wish him well, but any club in our financial position would be barmy to turn down £1m+, plus add ons, plus the big wage savings for someone who is effectively a reserve player now.

BarryP

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 16, 2015, 03:42:36 PM
Lets be honest, fans forums are a really good way of gauging a players ability. Bolton fans seem completely indifferent. This caught my eye.

As a centre half, Ream looked like he could be a decent full back & as a full back, he looked like he could be a decent midfield player.

I've no complaints with the effort that Ream put in for us, he just wasn't that good, & I wish him well, but any club in our financial position would be barmy to turn down £1m+, plus add ons, plus the big wage savings for someone who is effectively a reserve player now.

Fan forums are a terrible way of judging player ability particularly during a transfer window. Too much emotional impact to the fans.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Lighthouse

He won their player of the year for the past few seasons. So while not a great improvement on what we have he is an improvement none the less.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Strange to vote him player of the season two seasons running and then post things like this. I'd be more inclined to believe the two accolades and what they mean than I would postings about him on his way out the door.

What does being Bolton's player of the season really mean? In the context of Bolton, obviously a good thing. In the context of the league, who knows? But, they would not have voted him that award if he was crap against the remainder of the league.

I see him being a Baird type player for us. Provides cover for several positions for which we have little depth (CB, LB, and DMid) and, therein lies his value to us. This is the important bit to the whole transfer IMHO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2015, 04:00:58 PM

He won their player of the year for the past few seasons. So while not a great improvement on what we have he is an improvement none the less.

Our defense is a circus , it's a huge improvement on paper.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: BarryP on August 16, 2015, 03:55:27 PM

Fan forums are a terrible way of judging player ability particularly during a transfer window. Too much emotional impact to the fans.
lo

Yep totally agree.I remember going on Evertons and Newcastles when we signed Simon Davies and Damian Duff, there wasn't a single good word said about either and they were brilliant for us.
Its typical football fan fayre when a player leaves, just seems bizarre how a guy who has won player of the year two seasons running now is suddenly crap.
Was the same with the Wolves and Brighton messageboards regarding McDonald and Dunk, LD went from Seagulls legend in the making to error prone liability in some of their eyes ??.

VamosFFC

All over Twitter...we have apparently put in a bid of £10m for Gayle (£8+add ons).

Wearethewhites

Dunk nowhere near done by all accounts. We've not even been back with an improved offer. Was benched yesterday because of a training ground dispute, doesn't want to play for B&HA. Ream is apparently a panic buy by FFC.

fulhamben

Quote from: VamosFFC on August 16, 2015, 06:07:42 PM
All over Twitter...we have apparently put in a bid of £10m for Gayle (£8+add ons).
one bloke saying it as far as I can see

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 16, 2015, 06:15:52 PM
Dunk nowhere near done by all accounts. We've not even been back with an improved offer. Was benched yesterday because of a training ground dispute, doesn't want to play for B&HA. Ream is apparently a panic buy by FFC.

How do you that mate, heard something?

Holders

Quote from: fulhamben on August 16, 2015, 06:26:59 PM
Quote from: VamosFFC on August 16, 2015, 06:07:42 PM
one bloke saying it as far as I can see

If I were Khan and saw the number of chances that went begging in the second half yesterday, this would be my response.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Wearethewhites

Quote from: WONKYTONKY on August 16, 2015, 10:06:45 PM
Someone just posted this. Sounds like we got a new septic on board  049:gif:
http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/video-reaction-neil-lennon-post-middlesbrough-2623410.aspx

Without sounding to ungrateful, this isn't a signing that's going to make any real difference, or one I will chose to get excited about. Smacks me in the face as a panic signing after chasing Lewis Dunk for weeks with no outcome.