Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WONKYTONKY

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 16, 2015, 10:17:21 PM
Quote from: WONKYTONKY on August 16, 2015, 10:06:45 PM
Someone just posted this. Sounds like we got a new septic on board  049:gif:
http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/video-reaction-neil-lennon-post-middlesbrough-2623410.aspx

Without sounding to ungrateful, this isn't a signing that's going to make any real difference, or one I will chose to get excited about. Smacks me in the face as a panic signing after chasing Lewis Dunk for weeks with no outcome.

2 seasons in a row their player of the year. Can play a few positions. GREAT signing in my book. Don't think were done their either. Hopeful of a big name defender to go with it.

Nero

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 16, 2015, 06:15:52 PM
Dunk nowhere near done by all accounts. We've not even been back with an improved offer. Was benched yesterday because of a training ground dispute, doesn't want to play for B&HA. Ream is apparently a panic buy by FFC.
Fulham are probably sat waiting for a call from Brighton say we'll take the 2.5m for him, in the mean time another club will come in and pa what Brighton are looking for

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Nero on August 16, 2015, 10:47:52 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 16, 2015, 06:15:52 PM
Dunk nowhere near done by all accounts. We've not even been back with an improved offer. Was benched yesterday because of a training ground dispute, doesn't want to play for B&HA. Ream is apparently a panic buy by FFC.
Fulham are probably sat waiting for a call from Brighton say we'll take the 2.5m for him, in the mean time another club will come in and pa what Brighton are looking for

Bottom line is, Brighton want 5 million, we either pay it, or move on. Like I've said, the Ream deal smacks in the face as a desperation singing knowing that Brighton won't budge. Hope I'm proved wrong, Ream alone won't improve our situation.

westcliff white

We all know its central defenders we need, two from Ream, Tarkowski and Dunk would be great but lets face it we would have settled for just one of those 3 prior to the season starting. As long as we upgrade then I am happy with that.

I am getting sick and tired of stupid defensive errors costing us points. We had one on Saturday no need to make the tackle, edge of the box and wide on the line, stay on your feet and keep him wide, Cover was coming from behind and the full back chasing back just see the game out.
Every day is a Fulham day

Denver Fulham

We just watched Voser get screwed into the ground for 90 minutes, our CBs are awful, we currently have no available/experienced cover for O'Hara, and Garbutt and (especially) Grimmer are out injured for awhile.

Tim Ream wasn't a panic buy. Tim Ream was an absolute necessity as we continue to nail down other moves on top of that.

Snibbo

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 17, 2015, 08:47:05 AM
We just watched Voser get screwed into the ground for 90 minutes, our CBs are awful, we currently have no available/experienced cover for O'Hara, and Garbutt and (especially) Grimmer are out injured for awhile.

Tim Ream wasn't a panic buy. Tim Ream was an absolute necessity as we continue to nail down other moves on top of that.

When we don't buy someone, we're hopeless in the transfer market
When we do buy someone, it's a panic buy and they're useless.
When we won't pay the asking price, we're tight arses.
When we do pay the asking price, we're mugs

Of course.

alexbishop

Think we need a new starting defensive pairing - that means we need two new CBs. Happy with Ream as one but we need to bring another in, whatever the cost.

If we expect Garbett to recover well and play for the rest of the season then we will just have to make do at left back until then. But I think we need to bring in another full back who can play either side as cover. If Garbett is going to be a risk for rest of the season we might as well send him back (if possible) and spend out on a decent left back of our own.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Twig

Quote from: Snibbo on August 17, 2015, 09:12:28 AM

Of course.

Sadly true.  But this negativity is an illustration of where many of the supporters are right now.  We have suffered 3, possibly 4, years of decline and many inexplicable decisions by the club's management team.  End result is a cynical atmosphere and a tendency to see the worst in everything.  There are still those who try to resist this attitude, and I am not defending it, but you sure as hell can understand and sympathise with supporters who have had enough.

Wearethewhites

Really, really, really pee'd off that we didn't rectify our defensive issues before the start of this season. It's not negativity, it's frustration that the Club knew about this all last season, and had this summer to act, but we haven't, we continued to stockpile midfielders.

Whether or not the Dunk rumours are true, why have we left it this late, even to bring Ream in?! Regardless, we should have been looking abroad for adequate replacements in time.

Regardless of Hutchinson's good start, he was always a mistake waiting to happen, and he's done it 2 games in. We're now also 5 pts off a good start, possibly 8 by the time Wednesday night comes. 

colinwhite

If we don't sign some more decent players soon then I am also going to loose faith in the leadership of the club.

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: Twig on August 17, 2015, 10:35:12 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on August 17, 2015, 09:12:28 AM

Of course.

Sadly true.  But this negativity is an illustration of where many of the supporters are right now.  We have suffered 3, possibly 4, years of decline and many inexplicable decisions by the club's management team.  End result is a cynical atmosphere and a tendency to see the worst in everything.  There are still those who try to resist this attitude, and I am not defending it, but you sure as hell can understand and sympathise with supporters who have had enough.

+1 to all three of these posts
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 17, 2015, 10:55:50 AM
Really, really, really pee'd off that we didn't rectify our defensive issues before the start of this season. It's not negativity, it's frustration that the Club knew about this all last season, and had this summer to act, but we haven't, we continued to stockpile midfielders.

Whether or not the Dunk rumours are true, why have we left it this late, even to bring Ream in?! Regardless, we should have been looking abroad for adequate replacements in time.

Regardless of Hutchinson's good start, he was always a mistake waiting to happen, and he's done it 2 games in. We're now also 5 pts off a good start, possibly 8 by the time Wednesday night comes. 

In order to buy someone else's player, his team has to want to sell that player. The idiocy of the English transfer window extending 3+ weeks into the season has a lot to do with this. In Dunk's case, so did his team playing ours on the second weekend of the season. We just signed an obscure Finnish defensive midfielder and you're to believe that the club didn't search for options outside England to fix the roster's hugest hole?

It seems they want Dunk, and there's still a solid chance they get Dunk at the end of the day. In the interim, they reacted quickly to a new emergency and poached Ream from QPR, which is a nice double bonus.

I know everyone's peeved about the sloppy and wasteful start to the season, but by all rights, we should be on six points. Look to the sideline for the major problem, not the owner's box.

westcliff white

Burnley to Bid 1 million for Nathan Byrne, hes a decent looking player to be fair, worth a risk at a  million

valdeingruo

Jamie O'Hara   is a rubbish player, past his prime on a terrible Blackpool team.......

Never judge a player in another club's shirt. Only in the White, should   they   face the jury. That's how I'll view any  player incoming  
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Fernhurst

Turning around an mile long oil tanker in mid stream is a tricky manoeuvre.

Reckon we are a third of the way there.

Next season we will be all ahead forward.

Patience dear friends.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 17, 2015, 11:33:16 AM

Patience dear friends.

To be honest, Rigg did come across that this season would be another one for stabilisation, and that the promotion push would come in the 3rd year. However, I'm still not convinced we're doing things good enough to achieve that.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 17, 2015, 11:33:16 AM

Patience dear friends.

agree with this if you are referring to players. my main concern is whether kit can get us promoted even if we get the required quality of players - i don't think he is up to the task.

westcliff white

There is a rumour that Ream will be confirmed today, not a bad signing, plays CB can cover LB (handy with Garbutt out) and also cover defensive midfield if we get a plethora of injuries in midfield.

Like to see another CB follow if I am honest

Northern Cottager

Quote from: westcliff white on August 17, 2015, 11:51:20 AM
There is a rumour that Ream will be confirmed today, not a bad signing, plays CB can cover LB (handy with Garbutt out) and also cover defensive midfield if we get a plethora of injuries in midfield.

Like to see another CB follow if I am honest

I can only see us getting top half if we sign 2 CB's. Hutch has mistake written all over him. Bodurov doesn't always seem with it...

McBride78

Ream is good business.  Position of need, or should we say positions of need.  Is a proven starter at this level and will make us better.  We are all aware that he alone will not fix the issues, but it is a step in the right direction. 

After reading the board the last few days, apparently the only positive at the club that we all can agree on is that O'Hara is a great signing.  Hopefully Ream comes in and shows us similar quality and professionalism.  Hopefully is he one of (2) CBs coming in and we will get another before the window closes.