watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rd attempt to register!

According to the Bolton fans website, Ream is supposed to be injured. Apparently received a 'dead leg' which has caused all sorts of complications. Medical, especially ours, would sort that out but we need cb's now!

McBride78

Dead leg....isn't that one of those fake EA sports game injuries that takes forever to heal?  or was it three days....I cant remember.  I think three days...according to EA sport he should be good to go this weekend.  =)

westcliff white

if the rumours are right and Ream signs today be interesting to see what number he takes, if he doesn't take 5 does that mean we have another CB coming in
Every day is a Fulham day

hovewhite

spoken

Can't help but think the existing squad is good enough to challenge for the top 6 but are being held back by the guy who picks the team, tactics and "motivates" them. Kit seems to think having a bunch of players that get on is all it will take. With such a short sighted perception we will fall short this season.

I am afraid I remain in the "kit isn't up to it camp" despite really wanting him to succeed too.

westcliff white

Quote from: spoken on August 17, 2015, 01:59:51 PM
Can't help but think the existing squad is good enough to challenge for the top 6 but are being held back by the guy who picks the team, tactics and "motivates" them. Kit seems to think having a bunch of players that get on is all it will take. With such a short sighted perception we will fall short this season.

I am afraid I remain in the "kit isn't up to it camp" despite really wanting him to succeed too.
I do not think we do have a squad that can challenge for top 6, we are short of required talent at CB, Hutch is prone to rash actions, tale Saturday as the latest example, Bodurov doesn't fill me with confidence either, then we have Burn, he has something and I do believe he will come good but he needs a leader next to him to bring him through more. None of those 3 are overly quick either and all turn slowly as well. I liked Turner last season and all 3 of the linked CB's would be an upgrade. If we could take two from those linked and Turner I would be a happy man.
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

no way is this squad good enough, it's worse than last season's if you ask me. Better midfield marginally,but weaker everywhere else
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fernhurst

It will be interesting to watch our team when all the ducks are in a row (2x CB's and a fast striker)
A short term deal for another Roma fullback wouldn't go amiss to top it off?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 17, 2015, 02:10:10 PM
It will be interesting to watch our team when all the ducks are in a row (2x CB's and a fast striker)
A short term deal for another Roma fullback wouldn't go amiss to top it off?
If our ducks get in a row. I'm not convinced we will get 2 CB's in. Or a pacey striker.

McBride78

Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2015, 02:07:07 PM

no way is this squad good enough, it's worse than last season's if you ask me. Better midfield marginally,but weaker everywhere else

This.  I am not sure this squad has enough goals in it, even if we improve the defense to challenge for top 6. 

FulhamStu

I think we really do need a quick striker to compliment either Smith or McCormack. Dembele looks unlikely to sign a new deal and I suspect will be a bench player or sold.

Twig

I understand this point of view but I think you overstate this just a bit;

Goalkeeping - improved
Defence - lost some players with only Garbutt coming in and he's now injured - weakened
Midfield - sold Ruiz, but some very useful strengthening although we still lack width - improved
Up front - lost a potentially top quality striker who was always either injured or uncommitted but the youngsters are a year older and stronger - neutral

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on August 17, 2015, 03:52:36 PM

I understand this point of view but I think you overstate this just a bit;

Goalkeeping - improved
Defence - lost some players with only Garbutt coming in and he's now injured - weakened
Midfield - sold Ruiz, but some very useful strengthening although we still lack width - improved
Up front - lost a potentially top quality striker who was always either injured or uncommitted but the youngsters are a year older and stronger - neutral
we didn't just lose Ruiz from midfield. And how can you lose Hugo and Mitro, replace them with no one and call it neutral?

Friendsoffulham

Lee Anderson ‏@LeeJAndersson  2h2 hours ago
Sticking with #CPFC it appears #FFC may have some competition from a Premier League club who've also bid the asking price for Dwight Gayle.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 17, 2015, 04:09:32 PM
Sticking with #CPFC it appears #FFC may have some competition from a Premier League club who've also bid the asking price for Dwight Gayle.

Another character called Incognito Journalist with 25k followers said Fulham haven't bid on Gayle and are unlikely to?

fulhamben

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 17, 2015, 04:33:24 PM

Another character called Incognito Journalist with 25k followers said Fulham haven't bid on Gayle and are unlikely to?
If we was going to then surely we would of by now. The bloke is listed so no need to wait to bid. Also we went for mattila and now Ream over mcdonald and Dunk, so I just don't think we have the money

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2015, 04:41:09 PM

If we was going to then surely we would of by now. The bloke is listed so no need to wait to bid. Also we went for mattila and now Ream over mcdonald and Dunk, so I just don't think we have the money
I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 17, 2015, 04:49:04 PM

If we weren't arsed about results and just wanted a day out Khan would be in his hard hat getting us an enormous screen. When we want to achieve he goes missing.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Snibbo on August 17, 2015, 09:12:28 AM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 17, 2015, 08:47:05 AM
We just watched Voser get screwed into the ground for 90 minutes, our CBs are awful, we currently have no available/experienced cover for O'Hara, and Garbutt and (especially) Grimmer are out injured for awhile.

Tim Ream wasn't a panic buy. Tim Ream was an absolute necessity as we continue to nail down other moves on top of that.

When we don't buy someone, we're hopeless in the transfer market
When we do buy someone, it's a panic buy and they're useless.
When we won't pay the asking price, we're tight arses.
When we do pay the asking price, we're mugs

Of course.

Welcome to FOF.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 17, 2015, 04:58:54 PM
Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 17, 2015, 04:49:04 PM

If we weren't arsed about results and just wanted a day out Khan would be in his hard hat getting us an enormous screen. When we want to achieve he goes missing.

You believe he bought us because we were so obviously "arsed about results"??? Probably should go back and remind yourself just how well we were performing prior to his purchase. We were already circling the drain.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude