more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkras99

Joe Prince-Wright ‏@JPW_NBCSports  12m12 minutes ago
Expect Tim Ream to be announced as a Fulham player in coming hours on a long-term deal. Fulhamerica lives on. #FFC #USMNT

mike_corkcity12

How much of a sunk cost are these two guys? I dread to think of what Parker and Tunnicliffe earn weekly combined. If we could offload both I would jump at the opportunity!

Bronaldinho

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 17, 2015, 11:32:24 PM
How much of a sunk cost are these two guys? I dread to think of what Parker and Tunnicliffe earn weekly combined. If we could offload both I would jump at the opportunity!

Tunnicliffe and Cole won't be big earners at all. They were youth products at Man United.

Parker on the other hand... well some reports say he's the biggest earner in the league at £75k others report it around £60k..
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Swiss72

I read in the Swiss press that Kasami wants to leave Greece. His transfer to Fiorentina seems to be collapsing. So he is meant to be looking for a club in England. I would take him back in a heartbeat. He would bring some passion and grit. 

Domino 1879

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 08, 2015, 11:29:48 AM
Quote from: Domino 1879 on July 08, 2015, 11:23:37 AM
An avid Falkirk FC friend tells me we have enquired about Botti Biabi, nineteen year old striker, raw talent.  Reported in Falkirk Herald last Thursday apparently.  Swansea also interested.

With Woodrow and Dembele with the first team, our U21s are really short on strikers, so this makes sense.

Looks like he's gone to Swansea.  Shame because he has huge potential - we really need young strikers of his stature, esp if Dembele leaves.
My Falkirk friend was told price of £275k + add ons.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDkQFjAFahUKEwiruJfznbLHAhXxFtsKHUTYAHk&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.swanseacity.net%2Fnews%2Farticle%2Fswansea-city-snap-up-falkirk-striker-botti-biabi-2619468.aspx&ei=du_SVaulDvGt7AbEsIPIBw&usg=AFQjCNEqifmQRZJjXajLQ-NleqXlFXn_ag

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2015, 03:56:20 PM
Quote from: Twig on August 17, 2015, 03:52:36 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2015, 02:07:07 PM
Quote from: spoken on August 17, 2015, 01:59:51 PM
Can't help but think the existing squad is good enough to challenge for the top 6 but are being held back by the guy who picks the team, tactics and "motivates" them. Kit seems to think having a bunch of players that get on is all it will take. With such a short sighted perception we will fall short this season.

I am afraid I remain in the "kit isn't up to it camp" despite really wanting him to succeed too.
no way is this squad good enough, it's worse than last season's if you ask me. Better midfield marginally,but weaker everywhere else

I understand this point of view but I think you overstate this just a bit;

Goalkeeping - improved
Defence - lost some players with only Garbutt coming in and he's now injured - weakened
Midfield - sold Ruiz, but some very useful strengthening although we still lack width - improved
Up front - lost a potentially top quality striker who was always either injured or uncommitted but the youngsters are a year older and stronger - neutral
we didn't just lose Ruiz from midfield. And how can you lose Hugo and Mitro, replace them with no one and call it neutral?

Sorry Ben wasn't trying to list all the ins and outs.  Still feel the midfield has been strengthened but yes, I did ignore Hugo's departure so will concede on that one even tough as the season progressed he looked less and less effective.  Let's hope that we are finally beginning to turn the tide in terms of the back four with Ream's signing.

mike_corkcity12

Eisfeld apparently having his contract terminated.

So 500k, if not more, on Eisfeld and 300k on Kiraly. We also have to pay Eisfeld off. Bones of a million quid chucked away. Could have used it to buy Dunk ;)

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 18, 2015, 11:55:19 AM

So 500k, if not more, on Eisfeld and 300k on Kiraly. We also have to pay Eisfeld off. Bones of a million quid chucked away. Could have used it to buy Dunk ;)

Or we're clearing wages because the 5 million bid was accepted ;)
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

McBride78

Let's get this Tim Ream deal announced today and focus on adding Dunk or Tark as well.  At that point, perhaps we can stop bleeding goals in the last 15 minutes of matches. 

I was surprised at the price for Ream though.....if this article is to be believed.
http://www.onceametro.com/2015/8/17/9164061/report-3-6-million-tim-ream-transfer-from-bolton-wanderers-to-fulham

hovewhite

Quote from: Swiss72 on August 18, 2015, 08:49:11 AM
I read in the Swiss press that Kasami wants to leave Greece. His transfer to Fiorentina seems to be collapsing. So he is meant to be looking for a club in England. I would take him back in a heartbeat. He would bring some passion and grit. 
would love to see kasami back in a whites shirt.

spoken

I would welcome Kasami back in a heart beat! Would cost about 5mill though so there is no chance if it happening.

spoken

Looks like Newcastle are in for Dunk.

I'm pretty sure we had little intention of going back in for him but our hand was forced following yet another dismal defence display against Brighton.

Perhaps Hutchinson did us a favour!!

jimmyc19

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 18, 2015, 11:55:19 AM

Would imagine it's mutual agreement so may not have to fully pay out

os5889 mkII

Good to see Sears bag himself a new contract at Ipswich, always looked a decent talent but needed that "father" figure manager too much.

Bassong extending his contract with Norwich removes a dreamers acquisition

Pedro looks a snip for the red Mancs at EUR22m to me!!
@OsmithFFC

grandad

Bristol City have signed Andre Gray for £9 mil. How are they able to pay this sort of money while we only can raise petty cash & still not get Dunk and or Gayle in.
Where there's a will there's a wife

mkras99

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

BestOfBrede

Quote from: grandad on August 18, 2015, 05:38:21 PM
Bristol City have signed Andre Gray for £9 mil. How are they able to pay this sort of money while we only can raise petty cash & still not get Dunk and or Gayle in.
Because we are penny pinching and NOT serious about promotion?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 18, 2015, 07:06:00 PM
Quote from: grandad on August 18, 2015, 05:38:21 PM
Because we are penny pinching and NOT serious about promotion?

Or, City are absolutely single-minded about their need.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude