watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Still don't understand why we haven't gone back in for Michael Turner he is a solid pro will organise the defence & with a better midfield this year I think he will do well

Craven Mad

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 19, 2015, 10:09:29 AM
Still don't understand why we haven't gone back in for Michael Turner he is a solid pro will organise the defence & with a better midfield this year I think he will do well

Agreed. He's not even making the bench for Norwich. Surely it makes sense to even just get him in on loan?? Dunk/Ream play on the left-side, Turner prefers the right - so it's not like he'd displace either of them (should anyone actually sign...).

Bracken White

I believe the issue with Michael Turner, who did a good job for us, is wages - still on a Premiership package. If Ream coming is a 'given' then one of Dunk or Tarkowski appears the most likely scenario. However, there must be issues with a deal for the former,  - he was in yesterday's Brighton squad.
Fully agree that a pacey winger would be advantageous - Will Buckley from Sunderland was mentioned some weeks ago; a proper winger who can play on either flank & take on full-backs with pace + he can put in dangerous crosses. Right up Matt Smith's street? I should say so - who knows?
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

westcliff white

personally i think we will make 3 signings and a couple of loans possibly, obviously some will be leaving on loan or permanently.
Every day is a Fulham day

f321ffc

Quote from: Swiss72 on August 19, 2015, 08:30:30 AM
Apparently we have gone back for Tarkowski. At least according to TalkSport. 5m offer.

So either the Dunk saga is turning sour and we want an option/bargaining chip. Or we are in for both (we can always dream).

Brentford chairman just tweeted that Tarkowski bid is not true.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Ordar

Quote from: f321ffc on August 19, 2015, 11:52:26 AM

That is disappointing

Nero

jelmo

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Ordar on August 19, 2015, 12:00:10 PM

That is disappointing

Did he? Cant find it on his Twitter?
We've had some ridiculous long drawn out transfer sagas over the years but this takes the biscuit.
Stearman, then Dunk, Lees then Tarkowski then Dunk again then Tarkowski then Dunk etc etc etc.
Getting boring now

rusty shackleford

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:29 PM
Quote from: Ordar on August 19, 2015, 12:00:10 PM

That is disappointing

Did he? Cant find it on his Twitter?
We've had some ridiculous long drawn out transfer sagas over the years but this takes the biscuit.
Stearman, then Dunk, Lees then Tarkowski then Dunk again then Tarkowski then Dunk etc etc etc.
Getting boring now

It wasnt the chairman himself but the CEO, @markdevlin7

Horsfield_No9

What could this mean for Dunk?

Pete O'Rourke
‏@SportsPeteO
Brighton set to sign Shrewsbury Town defender Connor Goldson. #BHAFC #Shrewsbury
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Bracken White

Connor Goldson is a 22 year old centre back ... could be interesting!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Nero

Quote from: Bracken White on August 19, 2015, 12:32:55 PM
Connor Goldson is a 22 year old centre back ... could be interesting!

can we sign him instead before we end up with Richard Dunne

mkras99

@JPW_NBCSports: Update for #FFC fans on Tim Ream: I'm told FA transferring his visa sponsorship from Bolton to Fulham. Slight hold up with paperwork. #USMNT

Wearethewhites

Quote from: mkras99 on August 19, 2015, 12:50:14 PM
@JPW_NBCSports: Update for #FFC fans on Tim Ream: I'm told FA transferring his visa sponsorship from Bolton to Fulham. Slight hold up with paperwork. #USMNT

You couldn't make it up, you really couldn't..

SKSW6

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 19, 2015, 01:04:14 PM

What? It's a standard procedure. Any excuse to slag Fulham off though, eh.

zander

With the way Lennon was talking last night the deal is obviously done. Its now just a waiting game for the admin to be sorted!!

Wimbledon_White

Couldn't make what up?
That the process of transferring international work visas via a central government agency (the UK border agency I believe) might be a less-than-simple process and might take a little time?

Yeah, what a shambles the club is. Sack the Board...we should be able to sidestep UK legislation on work permits and visas...it is disgusting that we might be held up because of such things.

Jesus wept. Any excuse to have a dig at the club. It is so sad.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: SKSW6 on August 19, 2015, 01:12:30 PM

What? It's a standard procedure. Any excuse to slag Fulham off though, eh.

Oh here we go, another one that has to jump down your neck with a "Any excuse to slag Fulham off" quote. You're all getting boring now, you're as bad, if not worse, than the negative brigade.

These defensive issues should have been sorted out weeks/months ago, not dicking around 3 games into the season getting paperwork sorted out, standard procedure or not.