watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

and Pardew said afterwards he cannot guarantee Gayle the playing time he wants so it looks likely he will move on.
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

We started well in the market by aiming for realistic names that could help. Now we seem to be mentioned with overrated, high end players for our position and are struggling to get any. We should lower our expectations?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 24, 2015, 10:42:20 AM
We started well in the market by aiming for realistic names that could help. Now we seem to be mentioned with overrated, high end players for our position and are struggling to get any.
Who are they?

VamosFFC

We started well in the market by aiming for realistic names that could help. Now we seem to be mentioned with overrated, high end players for our position and are struggling to get any. We should lower our expectations?

I have to agree. Also, someone needs to tell Kit or Rigg to stop with only scouting "championship experienced" players. We need to look elsewhere. There are so many players we are missing out on. It could even be league one players ready to make the step up.

Holders

Quote from: VamosFFC on August 24, 2015, 11:17:28 AM

I have to agree. Also, someone needs to tell Kit or Rigg to stop with only scouting "championship experienced" players. We need to look elsewhere. There are so many players we are missing out on. It could even be league one players ready to make the step up.

That wasn't a criterion that Tigana used!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Holders on August 24, 2015, 11:26:55 AM

And when we take on unproven League 1 players who struggle to make an impact we go back to why don't we get experienced players!

I'm happy with the names we're linked at and all the players we've signed so far. A few gaps but we can't deny that we've signed the right 'kind' of players.

VamosFFC

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 24, 2015, 11:47:01 AM

And when we take on unproven League 1 players who struggle to make an impact we go back to why don't we get experienced players!

I'm happy with the names we're linked at and all the players we've signed so far. A few gaps but we can't deny that we've signed the right 'kind' of players.

But have we signed the "right" kind of players? Yes, they have championship experience, but Kit is or was known to play narrow last season. No wingers have been bought. We have been a bit unlucky with defensive injuries, but four games in and our defense is still not situated. Also, we don't have a penetrating striker either. All I'm saying is it seems like we are limiting out scope of players to sign by not looking elsewhere.

hopper

Quote from: VamosFFC on August 24, 2015, 03:48:23 PM

But have we signed the "right" kind of players? Yes, they have championship experience, but Kit is or was known to play narrow last season. No wingers have been bought. We have been a bit unlucky with defensive injuries, but four games in and our defense is still not situated. Also, we don't have a penetrating striker either. All I'm saying is it seems like we are limiting out scope of players to sign by not looking elsewhere.

Pringle is a winger!

Wearethewhites

Quote from: hopper on August 24, 2015, 03:51:20 PM
Quote from: VamosFFC on August 24, 2015, 03:48:23 PM

Pringle is a winger!

Sorry, Pringle is not a natural winger. He's a wide play that likes to cut in, not someone who like to beat his man down the flanks. He doesn't have the pace for that.

YankeeJim

Rangers cut Darren McGregor loose. Would he be worth a shout? 
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

DevonFFC

So as a squad we are not performing and have some glaring issues. Up top and at the back. However we have opted to take a washed up keeper on loan as cover and that is all. I can't quite understand what the board must be thinking

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

cmg

Lewis: Good signing

Fulfills the duel function of a) providing an experienced (preferred adjective to 'washed-up') hand to sit on the bench while Jorenen goes out on loan.
                                       b) providing something for those so inclined to moan about.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: ollienixs on August 24, 2015, 07:08:50 PM
So as a squad we are not performing and have some glaring issues. Up top and at the back. However we have opted to take a washed up keeper on loan as cover and that is all. I can't quite understand what the board must be thinking

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Maybe we're looking to sign players in those positions where the current club don't want to let them go?  It's a hell of a lot easier to sign a club's third choice keeper as a back up than it is to sign a club's starter - especially if we're a direct rival.

Craven Mad

DUNK SIGNS ON

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Lewis Dunk has committed his long-term future to the club, by signing a new five-year contract that will run until June 2020.

The 23-year-old, who has been linked with a move away from the club, says his future  lies with the Championship outfit.

Dunk said: "I am absolutely delighted to commit my long-term future to the club. I know there has been a lot of speculation, but I have been with this club for a long time and genuinely had little desire to go anywhere else.

"The manager and club made it clear that they see me as an important part of the club's future, and seeing that desire to keep me here at the club made it an easy decision in the end."

090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif

FFCByTheRiver

Lewis Dunk has just signed a new 5-year deal with Brighton.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on August 24, 2015, 08:34:29 PM

Maybe we're actually in for a right sided defender rather than overflowing the squad with left sided ones and shoehorning someone in on the right?

If we got Ream for a third of what Brighton wanted for Dunk and then get a good right sided player with the rest of that money then that's good business.  If we do, that is.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on August 24, 2015, 08:34:29 PM
Can you blame him, relegation scrap with kit or promotion shot with Brighton
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Craven Mad

That's an absolute disaster.

Honestly really thought this would go through. Brighton had even found a replacement for him...

Beyond gutted.

Can't see us getting anyone at CB now. Unlikely Brentford will let Tark go, given their injury situation. Lees signed an extension too...

Maybe see if Turner/Lascelles might be available??

What happened to our team to make Sheffield Wednesday and Brighton more appealing... We're in such a mess...

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...