Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: westcliff white on August 27, 2015, 07:36:42 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 27, 2015, 06:48:38 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 26, 2015, 09:21:58 PM
James Vaughn please no, would rather go out and loan 3 players than buy the like of him. If we want a pacey forward loan Gayle or buy him, go and test Brentford's resolve for Tarkowski, or ask West Ham about Collins not my type of player but reckon he could do a job for us.

when kit said 2-3 players coming in the other day, i was and am fearful that they may be of this calibre.
Not sure which of the 3 i mentioned you refer too or if your referring to Vaughn.

re the three I mentioned Gayle would be decent for me, although I reckon we are waiting till the end of the window and trying for a loan move (with an option to buy), Tarkowski I doubt we will go for and Collins is not too bad. I think this is the level we are at these days, attracting better name players seems to be quite hard probably due to the last two seasons. Gray would be an exception I do think if we match the alleged release clause we may have a chance there.

i was referring to vaugh - the other 3 i would be happy with.

westcliff white

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 27, 2015, 07:40:17 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 27, 2015, 07:36:42 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 27, 2015, 06:48:38 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 26, 2015, 09:21:58 PM
James Vaughn please no, would rather go out and loan 3 players than buy the like of him. If we want a pacey forward loan Gayle or buy him, go and test Brentford's resolve for Tarkowski, or ask West Ham about Collins not my type of player but reckon he could do a job for us.

when kit said 2-3 players coming in the other day, i was and am fearful that they may be of this calibre.
Not sure which of the 3 i mentioned you refer too or if your referring to Vaughn.

re the three I mentioned Gayle would be decent for me, although I reckon we are waiting till the end of the window and trying for a loan move (with an option to buy), Tarkowski I doubt we will go for and Collins is not too bad. I think this is the level we are at these days, attracting better name players seems to be quite hard probably due to the last two seasons. Gray would be an exception I do think if we match the alleged release clause we may have a chance there.

i was referring to vaugh - the other 3 i would be happy with.
Cool, Vaughn is terrible
Every day is a Fulham day

Friendsoffulham

PALACE TO LET GAYLE GO ON THE CHEAP

With a week left in the transfer window Crystal Palace are well aware of their need to sell after a transfer market where they have spent a considerable amount.

Palace have signed Yohan Cabaye, Connor Wickham, Bakary Sako and Patrick Bamford this summer and have all produced large transfer fee's or wages for the Eagles to consider.

Now with Financial Fair Play rules in place the Londoners are well aware of their need to get players out of the club with Dwight Gayle a possible player to leave according to The Mirror.

Norwich City are an option to sign Gayle who have today had a £10 million bid for Benik Afobe rejected according to BBC, that being the third bid lodged by Alex Neil for the former Arsenal man as Kenny Jackett said last night the striker is not for sale.

Palace are now hoping that Lewis Grabban leaves for AFC Bournemouth, although Alex Neil said last night a deal for the forward was yet to be found between the clubs with the Canaries rejecting a third bid from Eddie Howe for the Cherries former forward.

Should Grabban leave Carrow Road as he has apparently asked that would leave Norwich looking for another striker and Palace are hoping that could see Gayle leave Selhurst Park. Alan Pardew is now considering allowing his striker to leave for a smaller fee than quoted earlier in the window in order to gain funds back from the signings he has already made.

http://transfernewscentral.com/2015/08/26/palace-let-gayle-go-cheap/

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Could Pardew (long a fan of FFC) possibly do us a favour regarding Gayle?
Even in these very money driven times
Buy out price & % share sell on clauses for Palace's benefit if / when a premiership side comes knocking (& we haven't managed to get back @ the time)
No need for the lad to move house

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 27, 2015, 09:09:34 AM
PALACE TO LET GAYLE GO ON THE CHEAP

With a week left in the transfer window Crystal Palace are well aware of their need to sell after a transfer market where they have spent a considerable amount.

Palace have signed Yohan Cabaye, Connor Wickham, Bakary Sako and Patrick Bamford this summer and have all produced large transfer fee’s or wages for the Eagles to consider.

Now with Financial Fair Play rules in place the Londoners are well aware of their need to get players out of the club with Dwight Gayle a possible player to leave according to The Mirror.

Norwich City are an option to sign Gayle who have today had a £10 million bid for Benik Afobe rejected according to BBC, that being the third bid lodged by Alex Neil for the former Arsenal man as Kenny Jackett said last night the striker is not for sale.

Palace are now hoping that Lewis Grabban leaves for AFC Bournemouth, although Alex Neil said last night a deal for the forward was yet to be found between the clubs with the Canaries rejecting a third bid from Eddie Howe for the Cherries former forward.

Should Grabban leave Carrow Road as he has apparently asked that would leave Norwich looking for another striker and Palace are hoping that could see Gayle leave Selhurst Park. Alan Pardew is now considering allowing his striker to leave for a smaller fee than quoted earlier in the window in order to gain funds back from the signings he has already made.

http://transfernewscentral.com/2015/08/26/palace-let-gayle-go-cheap/

pathetic journalism.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on August 27, 2015, 09:18:57 AM
Buy out price & % share sell on clauses for Palace's benefit if / when a premiership side comes knocking (& we haven't managed to get back @ the time)

The "Pardew is a Fulham fan" is a bit of a myth.
Interviewed before the Newcastle and Chelsea game last season he said and I quote, "this is the best Chelsea side I've seen and I've been watching them since I was 8 years old"
Unfortunately hes filth.

Lighthouse

We may have to lower or expectations. A winger, a forward and a defender are planned but somehow I have a feeling many fans will not be happy at the reality of who we may get in.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 27, 2015, 09:48:07 AM
We may have to lower or expectations. A winger, a forward and a defender are planned but somehow I have a feeling many fans will not be happy at the reality of who we may get in.

i thought you were one of the optimistic crowd?

westcliff white

what are the odds that we sign Kevin Nolan now he has left west ham.

Tempest

Quote from: westcliff white on August 27, 2015, 10:30:50 AM

It would mean Sam Allerdyce being installed as our manager. As soon as I saw he had left I just assumed Sam has a new job lined up also.
Live in Falmouth!

f321ffc

Nailed on if big Sam was our manager.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 27, 2015, 09:40:52 AM
Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on August 27, 2015, 09:18:57 AM

The "Pardew is a Fulham fan" is a bit of a myth.
Interviewed before the Newcastle and Chelsea game last season he said and I quote, "this is the best Chelsea side I've seen and I've been watching them since I was 8 years old"
Unfortunately hes filth.

Not necessarily.

Many in those days would watch Fulham at home one week and Chelsea at home the following week as the clubs alternated home fixtures just because they were interested in watching football. About that time there probably was only Match of the Day which would have one match per week, not like now when you can probably watch a match on television every night of the week, see several full PL matches and highlights of every PL and every Football League game.

Those fans that went to both clubs would have their favourite, either Chelsea or Fulham.

BedsFFC

I know we get frustrated about getting players in early.

The truth is, any player that is on our radar this late in the window is either on other clubs lists are being touted by his agent. Bit of a lottery really

Lighthouse

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 27, 2015, 09:55:05 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 27, 2015, 09:48:07 AM

i thought you were one of the optimistic crowd?

It is all down to perception. Fans who keep touting big names are optimistic but will be ultimately disappointed. Those who aim low are called pessimistic but are rarely disappointed. 

DevonFFC

Nolan odds on to join Cardiff

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Lighthouse

Michael Mancienne of Notts Forest is the latest player to be rumoured to have had a bid by Fulham put forward.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 27, 2015, 12:31:40 PM
Michael Mancienne of Notts Forest is the latest player to be rumoured to have had a bid by Fulham put forward.

Good player, but pretty injury prone. Not sure we've any more space in the physio room for him right now...

Rhys Lightning 63

Michael Turner signs for Sheff Wed on a season loan
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

westcliff white

Mancienne would be a very decent signing, is he playing for Forest at present if he is not sure why they would sell him.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 27, 2015, 12:46:13 PM
Michael Turner signs for Sheff Wed on a season loan

:dft007:

The club better have someone decent lined up. This is becoming a joke.