https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WONKYTONKY

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 28, 2015, 12:53:49 AM
Quote from: WONKYTONKY on August 28, 2015, 12:39:50 AM
DARRYL LACHMAN - Lad on Facebook saying he's a target for us. Seems a weird one as he's just signed for them (wednesday) in June. Can't see it happening but thought I'd chuck it out there. Don't know much about him. Anyone seen much of him @ Twente or Ajax?

Only know that he is a mystery to most Wednesday supporters who have yet to see him play. Proper centre half but only 6/2.
Thats bigger than the other defender were linked with. Mancienne is pretty short.

HillingdonFFC

Made a £2m bid for 6ft 2" centre back Bakary Kone according to the Sun. Regular for Lyon and 52 caps for Burkina Faso. Sounds a massive upgrade on what we've got.
Was close to joining Newcastle a few years ago fir big money , Leicester been linked recently too

westcliff white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 28, 2015, 08:20:50 AM
Made a £2m bid for 6ft 2" centre back Bakary Kone according to the Sun. Regular for Lyon and 52 caps for Burkina Faso. Sounds a massive upgrade on what we've got.
Was close to joining Newcastle a few years ago fir big money , Leicester been linked recently too
We would lose him for 6 weeks from January during the season for the cup of nations, also had some injury problems not played more than 25 odd games in any of the last 4 seasons. However he is a decent player
Every day is a Fulham day

Ordar

This a twitter rumour?

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Ordar on August 28, 2015, 08:29:37 AM

This a twitter rumour?

Yep looks that way, sadly

Deeping_white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 28, 2015, 08:59:21 AM
Quote from: Ordar on August 28, 2015, 08:29:37 AM

This a twitter rumour?

Yep looks that way, sadly

Was reported by the Sun, apparently.

cmg

Sounds interesting enough. But I'm not sure that a player with 50 odd caps for Burkina Faso is necessarilly such a massive upgrade on one who has 30 odd for Bulgaria.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: cmg on August 28, 2015, 09:25:06 AM

Sounds interesting enough. But I'm not sure that a player with 50 odd caps for Burkina Faso is necessarilly such a massive upgrade on one who has 30 odd for Bulgaria.

Maybe  but then Olympique Lyonnaisfar better than anyone Bodurov has played for.

Slaphead in Qatar

the guardian has a different take on Mancienne story:

'Fulham are chasing Nottingham Forest defender Michael Mancienne, which will surely ignite rumours that his biggest fan, Stuart Pearce, is about to take over at Craven Cottage.'

DevonFFC

Twitter HTC saying we have launched another bid for stearman  of wolves

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Airfix

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 28, 2015, 09:53:09 AM

Maybe  but then Olympique Lyonnaisfar better than anyone Bodurov has played for.
Lyon fans seem quite pleased about the move! Worrying.

Airfix

Quote from: Airfix on August 28, 2015, 11:19:33 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 28, 2015, 09:53:09 AM

Lyon fans seem quite pleased about the move! Worrying.

Quotes from Lyon fans:

"Makes a lot of mistakes"
"Worst defender in the world"
"King of giving away penalties in the last 5 minutes" (He'll fit right in there, then)
"Good luck to your goalie"

fp.gif

westcliff white

Ordar

That's weird. He's obviously a first team regular there (129 appearances in 4 years), playing in the CL aswell. Surely he cant be that bad....especially dropping down to the championship.

I don't know why he'd want to come here...

westcliff white

he hasn't played more than 29 game in any season for the last 4 years, suggests maybe he suffers form injuries.

BUt he cant be all that bad  I agree, having said that Voser played CL for a number of years

Huxley

Possibly some noise to reduce the asking price of the English CBs. Tactic works a treat in the Old Bazaar in Istanbul.

jayffc

I try not to judge players too harshly before seeing them play for us but Bakary Kone appears to be the Titus Bramble of Ligue 1 in that no one can believe he's managed to maintain a career in a top league and he's prone to numerous ridiculous elaborate errors... just from a brief look through twitter you can see how people feel about him.  Parody videos of him from fans pretending to make him look good and advertise him for sale at 10mil (tongue in cheek) funny vine reaction videos of players who are joining Lyon finding out they might have to play alongside Kone etc - tweets from Lyon fans across the board rejoicing at his departure all over the place - a real laughing stock in the French league by all accounts. Worrying if true, would rather Mancienne or Stearman by the looks of things!

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: jayffc on August 28, 2015, 11:42:43 AM
I try not to judge players too harshly before seeing them play for us but Bakary Kone appears to be the Titus Bramble of Ligue 1 in that no one can believe he's managed to maintain a career in a top league and he's prone to numerous ridiculous elaborate errors... just from a brief look through twitter you can see how people feel about him.  Parody videos of him from fans pretending to make him look good and advertise him for sale at 10mil (tongue in cheek) funny vine reaction videos of players who are joining Lyon finding out they might have to play alongside Kone etc - tweets from Lyon fans across the board rejoicing at his departure all over the place - a real laughing stock in the French league by all accounts. Worrying if true, would rather Mancienne or Stearman by the looks of things!

oh dear - this sounds like a couldn't get anyone good, last minute transfer window desperation buy of a player no one else wants.

i bet you we get him in.

Lighthouse

Richard Stearman of Wolves has been approached again by Fulham. Up a dark alley and a with sad puppy dog eyes.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope