more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Boro News and Info ‏@boronewsmfc  15m15 minutes ago
Fernando Amorebieta is set to join Boro on a permenant deal - will be confirmed Monday.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 28, 2015, 02:08:51 PM
Fernando Amorebieta is set to join Boro on a permenant deal - will be confirmed Monday.

There is a god!

Deeping_white

Quote from: jayffc on August 28, 2015, 11:42:43 AM
I try not to judge players too harshly before seeing them play for us but Bakary Kone appears to be the Titus Bramble of Ligue 1 in that no one can believe he's managed to maintain a career in a top league and he's prone to numerous ridiculous elaborate errors... just from a brief look through twitter you can see how people feel about him.  Parody videos of him from fans pretending to make him look good and advertise him for sale at 10mil (tongue in cheek) funny vine reaction videos of players who are joining Lyon finding out they might have to play alongside Kone etc - tweets from Lyon fans across the board rejoicing at his departure all over the place - a real laughing stock in the French league by all accounts. Worrying if true, would rather Mancienne or Stearman by the looks of things!

Didn't people in Germany say a similar sort of thing about Riether though before we signed him? It's always hard to judge a player in a foreign league because they can play so differently when they move to a different country - just look at Angel Di Maria as an example of a wonderful player who looked average in the prem.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 28, 2015, 02:21:37 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 28, 2015, 02:08:51 PM

There is a god!

Thank the lord!

Having played for a team like Athletic Bilbao with its history and traditional playing style I thought we had signed an organised, thoughtful team player but we got an idiot.

mkras99

Bronaldinho

Kone would be a great addition, quick across the ground. Similar playing style to Mancienne, so it looks like we want a ball-playing defender.

Especially with Amore going, we'd be short on those.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

BedsFFC

SKSW6

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 28, 2015, 03:36:43 PM
Do you think he is eligible for tomorrow?

Kit mentioned in his pre-game video that he's hoping a new singing will be ready for Rotherham. Assume that means him.

Horsfield_No9

Has to be registered by 5pm so you'd imagine he steps straight in to Vosser's spot for tomorrow.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

westcliff white

my local team southend signed Piggott on loan on the day of the match this season, I thought it was the day before but that sort of proves that thought wrong
Every day is a Fulham day

Friendsoffulham

MBS Sport ‏@MBS_Sport  1h1 hour ago
French media reporting that Lyon defender, Bakary Kone is set for a medical at Fulham. £2m fee reports. #FFC #FulhamFC #OL

westcliff white

2 million euros is the fee not 2 million pounds
Every day is a Fulham day

DevonFFC

Still feel eve if we bring in a new cb we are not good enough up top to cause problems and ultimately means we are back defending again

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Swiss72

A lot of comments in France telling FFC is getting mugged with Kone.... From various foot radio shows like RMC. Doesn't bode well.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: ollienixs on August 28, 2015, 06:33:01 PM
Still feel eve if we bring in a new cb we are not good enough up top to cause problems and ultimately means we are back defending again

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Agreed, still need another striker regardless.

Ordar

Quote from: Swiss72 on August 28, 2015, 07:51:54 PM
A lot of comments in France telling FFC is getting mugged with Kone.... From various foot radio shows like RMC. Doesn't bode well.

here's what I think. This guy has played regular first team football for one of the best teams in France and played regularly in the Champions League. If he was such a bad player, surely given how good Lyon are, they wouldnt have played him regularly for the past 4 years

Also if he did sign here, he'd be taking a significant drop in the quality of opposition he's playing against. Maybe he's not good enough for CL football according to some Lyon fans, but surely he's good enough for the Championship

MarryatsChild

Quote from: Swiss72 on August 28, 2015, 07:51:54 PM

Well that is a foregone conclusion.

The only pre-requisite for a new CB is to have a 4 letter surname it seems.

Julius Geezer

2 Million for Koné has to be worth a gamble.

There's no value for money in the bang-average English players!