https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss72

Quote from: Ordar on August 28, 2015, 07:59:50 PM
Quote from: Swiss72 on August 28, 2015, 07:51:54 PM
A lot of comments in France telling FFC is getting mugged with Kone.... From various foot radio shows like RMC. Doesn't bode well.

here's what I think. This guy has played regular first team football for one of the best teams in France and played regularly in the Champions League. If he was such a bad player, surely given how good Lyon are, they wouldnt have played him regularly for the past 4 years

Also if he did sign here, he'd be taking a significant drop in the quality of opposition he's playing against. Maybe he's not good enough for CL football according to some Lyon fans, but surely he's good enough for the Championship

You might actually be right. Kone could well compare favourably to Championship quality CBs. I guess we have to adjust our expectations in terms of new players. And at EUR 2m he is way cheaper than Dunk could have been.

It is just annoying to be linked to a player that is generating negative feedback from the league is playing in.

Denver Fulham

A lot of comments in France telling FFC is getting mugged with Kone.... From various foot radio shows like RMC. Doesn't bode well.

here's what I think. This guy has played regular first team football for one of the best teams in France and played regularly in the Champions League. If he was such a bad player, surely given how good Lyon are, they wouldnt have played him regularly for the past 4 years

Also if he did sign here, he'd be taking a significant drop in the quality of opposition he's playing against. Maybe he's not good enough for CL football according to some Lyon fans, but surely he's good enough for the Championship

We also have no idea how the player will translate into a new league. Amorebieta had legit credentials. He played for like a decade in La Liga and as an international. He was terrible here.

Lyon fans might think Kone is terrible, and he might be great for us. I don't recall German fans thinking much of Sascha Riether when he came to us, and he was probably the club's player of the year in his first season.

Twig

I don't really give a sh1t what the Lyons fans are posting.  He is an established international costing Sth of £2m.  Let's wait and see, who knows he could be the new JP!

Twig

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 28, 2015, 08:42:14 PM

We also have no idea how the player will translate into a new league. Amorebieta had legit credentials. He played for like a decade in La Liga and as an international. He was terrible here.

Lyon fans might think Kone is terrible, and he might be great for us. I don't recall German fans thinking much of Sascha Riether when he came to us, and he was probably the club's player of the year in his first season.

Spot on, Sacha probably  was.

westcliff white

during 3 years I spent working in Belgium I spent a lot of time watching French, Dutch and Belge football. I watched Lille, Lyon and Paris quite a bit as well as Anderlecht, Gent, Genk, Liege and Brugge and from Holland Feyernoord, PSV, Ajax and AZ.

I say this as I have seen Kone play at league level and he had decent games as well as some not so decent, I also seem to remember he never played a full season, several injuries (nothing serious) or lack of form for non selection. He is not great but then he isn't bad either.
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

C O Y W

Rhys Lightning 63

Can we give him the number 2012, just for a laugh
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

FPT

I've just come back from 8 days on holiday, but checking this page when having wifi has been great, so thank you all for contributing!

Michael Mancienne is an interesting one, though the profile is clear to see - Mancienne, Dunk and Ream all ball players - we're for sure wanting to build from the back and the proposed team shape suits that. I can't say I know too much about Bakary Kone, but you'd have to say it's a drop in quality from Ligue 1 to the Championship, and he may suit a more rough, leeway, athletically quicker division - one I'd be happy to give a bit of time should it come through.

I'm certain the James Vaughan rumour was horsesh... and think the Richard Stearman one is lazy rehashment.

I don't wish to go back too far, but some decent rumours. I have a feeling we'll be satisfied though come 6pm on Tuesday afternoon.

westcliff white

Forestieri to Wednesday for 3 million apparently

grandad

Brentford will not sell £5 mil rated (Haha) Tarkowski due to injury to Bellend.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Srearman not in Wolves team - gossip says fee agreed with Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Yep. Exactly what I'm seeing on Twitter. Wolves based accounts making that assumption ( 2 million pound fee agreed, apparently ).

I'd imagine that'd be the end of our defensive signings.

Now for a striker, unless Dembele is willing to agree to a new contract and Ross/Kit actually believe it's better for Ross to play further up top.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

mkras99

@tim_spiers_Star: We'll get the official word on Stearman from Kenny afterwards but am told Fulham have bid £2m and it's been accepted.

FPT

£2m seems to be the fee going around for Richard Stearman. Recall him being thoroughly excellent in the league games against Wolves last year, has that vital Championship promotion to his name also (though two Championship relegations as well).

Leicester City's Player of the Year (and Players' Player) in 2007-08, when they were relegated to League One. He was Fans' and Players' Player of the Year last season too for Wolves. Last one - he was a member of the 2008-09 Championship Team of the Year.

Perfect pedigree, strong experience, results experience and a nice price for a player entering his prime years. Would give us a great spine (ages in brackets) from Lonergan (31), Stearman and Ream (28 and 27), O'Hara (28) and then Ross (29) up top.

mkras99

@sportbbcwm: .@sportbbcwm understands #Wolves have accepted a £2m bid from Fulham for Richard Stearman. He's been left out of today's 18 man squad

f321ffc

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star  19m19 minutes ago
We'll get the official word on Stearman from Kenny afterwards but am told Fulham have bid £2m and it's been accepted.
27 retweets 8 favorites
Reply Retweet  27 Favorite  8
Please let this happen. COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: f321ffc on August 29, 2015, 02:44:31 PM
We'll get the official word on Stearman from Kenny afterwards but am told Fulham have bid £2m and it's been accepted.
27 retweets 8 favorites

Who is Kenny? Affiliated with Wolves I'd imagine, but....
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

kiwiwaka

Stearman is a good signing if it happens, definitely prefer him to Dunk personally as well!

FPT

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 29, 2015, 02:48:22 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on August 29, 2015, 02:44:31 PM
27 retweets 8 favorites

Who is Kenny? Affiliated with Wolves I'd imagine, but....

Kenny Jackett is the Wolves manager.

westcliff white

Stearman is a solid defender, so him and Kone are they 2 or the 3? do we need 2 centre backs