watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Would be delighted with Stearman. We need more options at RCB, £2m is a good price and would leave us with some funds for a striker or wide man.

It would also mean that we'd have a number of teams' recent players of the season: Tim Ream (Bolton), Jamie O'Hara (Blackpool), Ben Pringle (Rotherham), Richard Stearman (Wolves), Tom Cairney (Blackburn's player of the season the previous year) and kept our player of the season, Rossy.

VamosFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 29, 2015, 02:21:19 PM
Srearman not in Wolves team - gossip says fee agreed with Fulham.

If true, then we really are overhauling our defense completely. If Kone and Stearman sign are Burn and Hutch out of the picture?

NJFulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 29, 2015, 02:48:22 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on August 29, 2015, 02:44:31 PM
Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star  19m19 minutes ago
We'll get the official word on Stearman from Kenny afterwards but am told Fulham have bid £2m and it's been accepted.
27 retweets 8 favorites
Reply Retweet  27 Favorite  8
Please let this happen. COYW

Who is Kenny? Affiliated with Wolves I'd imagine, but....

Their manager.

FPT

Quote from: westcliff white on August 29, 2015, 02:50:04 PM
Stearman is a solid defender, so him and Kone are they 2 or the 3? do we need 2 centre backs

I think it'll be the one more defender.

Right backs: Ashley Richards, Kay Voser

Centre backs: Richard Stearman, Tim Ream, Shaun Hutchinson, Dan Burn

Left backs: James Husband, Sean Kavanagh

That's without including Nikolay Bodurov and injured Luke Garbutt and Jack Grimmer. Plus Kay Voser can cover both full back positions, Tim Ream frequently used a left back, Richards could shuffle over to the left if need be.

That's a strong group of defenders in my opinion.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Craven Mad

From a big poster on Molineux Mix:

"Stearman has been sold to Fulham.
£1m plus £1m add on.4 year deal,double his wages.
Impeccable source."

Later the same guy also said:

"Stearman didn't want to go either btw."

FPT

Wolves have just tweeted, "Plenty of questions about Richard Stearman. No doubt Kenny will answer those after the game."

I think we'll know by 5pm - Wolves have been impressively open all summer.

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 29, 2015, 03:05:18 PM
From a big poster on Molineux Mix:

"Stearman has been sold to Fulham.
£1m plus £1m add on.4 year deal,double his wages.
Impeccable source."

Later the same guy also said:

"Stearman didn't want to go either btw."
lol, if he didnt want to come he wouldnt

Denver Fulham

Quote from: FPT on August 29, 2015, 02:55:37 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 29, 2015, 02:50:04 PM
Stearman is a solid defender, so him and Kone are they 2 or the 3? do we need 2 centre backs

I think it'll be the one more defender.

Right backs: Ashley Richards, Kay Voser

Centre backs: Richard Stearman, Tim Ream, Shaun Hutchinson, Dan Burn

Left backs: James Husband, Sean Kavanagh

That's without including Nikolay Bodurov and injured Luke Garbutt and Jack Grimmer. Plus Kay Voser can cover both full back positions, Tim Ream frequently used a left back, Richards could shuffle over to the left if need be.

That's a strong group of defenders in my opinion.

We supposedly are signing Kone, too. That's suddenly a lot of CB options. Ream can play LB, but you have Husband for a month. Interesting. Well, at least the club did something about that weak area, it seems.

DevonFFC

Still need a new striker and wing man to take the pressure off the defence and allow us to stretch others rather than being stretched

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

FPT

Denver - I think we're at a point of making sure we have plenty of options going into the last few days. We've been rumoured to Kone, Mancienne, Stearman and a fella for the Times has spoken today of how Tyler Blackett's move for Celtic should end our hopes for Paddy McNair.

I think we'll only get one centre back, but the volume of rumours are those we've made enquiries for. We only need four centre backs - would be financially stupid to have more than 5.

FPT

Just seen that Ryan Fredericks is leaving Bristol City (after 26 days) for "personal reasons." I'm 99% sure that we've been linked with him before and Steve Cotterill has confirmed he's moving back to London.

With Phil Brown saying Jack Grimmer was going to join Southend on loan before his injury is a little interesting too. Potential back up right back?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: ollienixs on August 29, 2015, 03:42:46 PM
Still need a new striker and wing man to take the pressure off the defence and allow us to stretch others rather than being stretched

Would love to secure Gayle and Yedlin on loan to play RW.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 29, 2015, 04:06:25 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on August 29, 2015, 03:42:46 PM

Would love to secure Gayle and Yedlin on loan to play RW.

Not the most technical player, Yedlin, but has loads of pace, loves to take on defenders and is an above average crosser of the ball. Could fill in at right back as well. Loan would be excellent...even with option to buy...not sure how he fits in at Spurs.

Craven Mad

I think striker has to be the priority after CB. Stearman would fill the CB need, Gayle great for CF.

I think the midfield is looking strong, but we're maybe short of a proper RM/RW (Cairney more of a CM/CAM/RAM). Defence much improved but still not set with Jazz at RB. So, for me, Yedlin would be perfect on loan - gives us the pace we're missing up front on the wings or provides more cover/competition at RB. I'd prefer him at RB (mainly because I think Kit's teams work better with quick overlapping wingbacks (as proven by Husband today), and Stearman covering wouldn't leave me worried by a roaming fullback (unlike when Bod used to cover Jazz).

I would be delighted with a team like:

Lonergan
Yedlin Stearman Ream Husband
         Tunnicliffe O'Hara
  Cairney                    Pringle
             Gayle   Ross

Craven Mad

KJ supposedly gonna explain the Stearman situation to press shortly..

Craven Mad

Gaffer confirms Wolves have accepted a bid from Fulham for defender Richard Stearman. Says it is a 'football decision'.

Craven Mad

Slaphead in Qatar

well if kit has admitted bid accepted in public, then this deal has got to be very close.

fulhamben

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 29, 2015, 05:22:37 PM
well if kit has admitted bid accepted in public, then this deal has got to be very close.
think it was wolves gaffer not kit