more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Quote from: Berserker on August 30, 2015, 09:57:18 AM
Why does Frederick want to change, bit odd.

Something doesn't seem right at Bristol right now. Their fan forum is littered with theories that something is going on backstage.

Some think it's homesickness, but he spent most of his time at Middlesborough last year, and was great. Bristol is a far nicer city, so must be something at the club.

Ged

Quote from: Berserker on August 30, 2015, 09:57:18 AM
Why does Frederick want to change, bit odd.
he said it was personal reasons
Make of that what you will

Slaphead in Qatar

i am not too keen on fredericks - he has only played 29 league games in 4 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slaphead in Qatar

also hope we dont take kone.  stearman would be a good sgning and Mancienne, although not sure we need both of them.

jimmyc19

Some mentions of Gary hooper on Twitter, we've gone from 66/1 to 2/5 over the weekend. Could be the unnamed striker?

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: jimmyc19 on August 30, 2015, 10:26:31 AM
Some mentions of Gary hooper on Twitter, we've gone from 66/1 to 2/5 over the weekend. Could be the unnamed striker?

good at championship level.

Lighthouse

Sheffield Wednesday are reported to have offered 10 million quid for Ross McCormack - Fulham are reportedly not interested.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DevonFFC

I hope not

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Joly poly

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 30, 2015, 11:16:08 AM
Sheffield Wednesday are reported to have offered 10 million quid for Ross McCormack - Fulham are reportedly not interested.

Non starter this considering he's just signed a new deal.

Ordar

Lol. Why on earth did they think we'd accept 10m. Offer double that and maybe we'd consider it.

westcliff white

think that is because we are in for hooper and they thought they had the deal done. Wednesday are loaded though.

Hooper or Gayle though tough call.
Every day is a Fulham day

DevonFFC

Why do boro get fernando amore  for a season yet we get husband for a month.  Someone wasn't thinking

FPT

This Ross McCormack thing has come out of nowhere.

I think that one of Ross' biggest failings is his inability to lead the line on his own, he doesn't have the strength and power to hold the ball up and shrug off defenders, nor the pace to be a threat in behind. He's a striker whose ability comes to life from 25 yards outside the opposition box and inwards.

At the end of the day, players have prices. Ross isn't the only player capable of scoring 20 goals in this division. If it reached a point where the price would let us bring in a rounded no.9 and a winger (say Michail Antonio for the right hand side), I'd certainly be interested.

In our best interests to reject anything that's not too good not to.

Lighthouse

Quote from: ollienixs on August 30, 2015, 11:21:49 AM
Why do boro get fernando amore  for a season yet we get husband for a month.  Someone wasn't thinking

Or it was because they didn't want to sell or loan Husband out for longer. As we already have a player in that position on loan for the season recovering from injury we need a player as good as Husband to bridge the gap until he is fit hopefully.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Or they were and we saved 30/40k per week on salary
Every day is a Fulham day

Craven Mad

Quote from: ollienixs on August 30, 2015, 11:21:49 AM

Think they probably had us over a barrel. Amore wasn't going to play but is probably quite expensive (wage-wise), Husband is good and cheap - basically we wanted rid and needed cover, they weren't too fussed either way = we get shafted.

Still, I'm bloody glad Amore is gone and Husband back. Hopefully one day we'll be able to make it a permanent.

ffc73

Personally, and I now I am possibly alone here, if true I would take the money for Ross and run and invest it in a younger, fitter, faster no9. 

I do not think we will make promotion (or challenge for it) with Ross as our mainstay striker.  Even if we did make the Premiership then we would likely as not have to sell Ross back down to the Championship.  His contract extension for me was a mistake.  Yes Ross is effective for us but take his penalties and free kicks away from his goal tally (someone else can contribute those) and he does not score enough from open play as he spends to much time playing deep.

£10m could buy Gayle and our mid-field can do the creative stuff that Ross insists on getting involved with.   090.gif

I shoot myself now to save you all the trouble 

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC73 on August 30, 2015, 11:56:27 AM

Personally, and I now I am possibly alone here, if true I would take the money for Ross and run and invest it in a younger, fitter, faster no9. 

I do not think we will make promotion (or challenge for it) with Ross as our mainstay striker.  Even if we did make the Premiership then we would likely as not have to sell Ross back down to the Championship.  His contract extension for me was a mistake.  Yes Ross is effective for us but take his penalties and free kicks away from his goal tally (someone else can contribute those) and he does not score enough from open play as he spends to much time playing deep.

£10m could buy Gayle and our mid-field can do the creative stuff that Ross insists on getting involved with.   090.gif

Gayle won't drop a division whilst he is scoring in the prem. Another prem team will take him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Swiss72

Well there are two potential issues with that bid for Ross: how is the fee structured (upfront vs deferred) and how do we reinvest before the end of the window?

At face value £10m is not a bad price, especially if he is disgruntled which might be the case given the output and body language. But what is key is how much we can reinvest right now (so what is the cash portion) and who do we buy so late in the window to replace/improve our strike force?

Surely we are not the only one vying for Gayle and/or Hopper and timing is tight. Sellers will now we got some nice proceeds for the sale of Ross and push the price up. A complex deal like this so latenis fraught with risks that might outweight the benefits in my view. A January deal could be more suitable depending on where we stand in the table.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: FFC73 on August 30, 2015, 11:56:27 AM

agree with alot of what you say.  the only problem is we ony have a couple of days to get a 20 goal a season replacement.  maybe we have one lined up, if not i would reject this bid.