more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Quote from: @jolslover on August 30, 2015, 10:30:09 PM
Hoilett has been made avaliable on a free by QPR, would anyone take him? I would, Pacey winger who didnt have the best time at QPR but there is clearly a decent footballer there somewhere

Unfortunately isnt he one of the players Harry signed for about 70k a week and hardly ever plays

Jamie88

Quote from: ollienixs on August 30, 2015, 09:57:52 PM
Casasola has joined roma

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

So much for the whole homesick rumour!

DevonFFC

Hoilett  is only 25.

In the Enclosure

Most Rangers fans on their websites seem to think Hoilett has been a waste of money for them and was well overpaid on ' Arrys watch. That is why he is available !

DevonFFC

He was also mustard at Blackburn so the boy has promise

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: ollienixs on August 30, 2015, 11:34:01 PM
He was also mustard at Blackburn so the boy has promise

At 25 years old he should have more than promise, he should be delivering.

Jims Dentist

If true S Wed would be doing good business to get Vydra and Jones.
They would fit together pretty well given a switched on MF.

Lighthouse

As it is Bank Holiday will anybody be at Fulham to announce all the comings and goings tomorrow or will we have to wait until Tuesday when the window SLAMS shut at 6pm
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mkras99

19:15  Bakary Koné currently in London
Lyon are also expecting at least one departure in the next 24 hours.

The most likely player to be leaving the club is Bakary Koné. Lyon and Fulham had a agreed a fee for the player worth between €2m and €2.5m.

Koné has been in London since the beginning of the weekend to finalise a move, but there have not been any further developments since then.

One to watch.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/transfer-deadline-day-live-monday-31st-august-to-tuesday-1st-september-2015/

..FOF..

Some Fulham fans have already started commenting on the stats page saying he is no better than Bodurov.

I think video games stats are pretty accurate and update often. Don't take my word for it  :005:

http://www.futhead.com/15/players/14124/bakary-kone/

Ordar

It makes me laugh how people where clamouring for Lewis Dunk, who I expect 90% of people has probably only seen play against us, who lets face it has only had 1 decent season in the second tier of English football, and Kone who has been regularly playing in the top flight of French football and in the champions league for the second best team in France is seen as not good enough for us.

Do people think better players are at championship clubs than Lyon? Surely Lyon would have been after Dunk if that were the case.

As I said before, maybe Lyon fans don't think Kone is good enough for CL football, but surely there is a massive step down from Lyon to championship teams

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Ordar on August 31, 2015, 08:58:32 AM
It makes me laugh how people where clamouring for Lewis Dunk, who I expect 90% of people has probably only seen play against us, who lets face it has only had 1 decent season in the second tier of English football, and Kone who has been regularly playing in the top flight of French football and in the champions league for the second best team in France is seen as not good enough for us.

Do people think better players are at championship clubs than Lyon? Surely Lyon would have been after Dunk if that were the case.

As I said before, maybe Lyon fans don't think Kone is good enough for CL football, but surely there is a massive step down from Lyon to championship teams
7Transformation

Know sweet FA about Kone apart from Lyon fans think hes crap. Do we need him though? If Stearman comes which by all accounts looks likely, you'll have him, Kone ,Ream and the present lot. Maybe Ream being lined up for left back?

Craven Mad

I'm not saying Kone's bad, but CL football isn't necessarily a badge of quality; Voser being a prime example of that. Many would argue that Voser, a CL RB, would be behind Jack Grimmer, a player only really experienced in L1 as an RB.

I also think that many on here - like myself - like the fact that Championship proven players are more of a known quantity and won't need time to adjust (that is, if that manage to adjust to life here at all). Look at players like Cairney, Lonergan and O'Hara - certainly not CL quality, but know the league, know what it takes to succeed here and perform well.

The Championship is a funny league and one that I don't think many people comprehend the challenges of.

So, yeah, for me it'd be Dunk>Kone, just because Dunk is proven in this league. Kone could turn out to be amazing, even the best CB in the league, but it's a risk - that's the point.

Still, I'd be happy to have him here (even if I think it's slightly unnecessary if Stearman joins).

dannyboi-ffc

I would rather sign Mancienne and Stearman if we are going to sign two
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

HillingdonFFC

If Kone in London rumour true I find that quite worrying.
If Stearman was coming would we need Kone? Not unless Symons sees Ream as a left back?
Think Stearman, Ream and the other CBs perfectly adequate, Kone would be too many

Ordar

Surely all transfers are a risk though. The championship experience argument just doesn't work for me personally. If we look at an extreme example, it would be like saying you'd rather sign Beckford rather than Messi because he's more experienced in the league.

RE Voser: I have no idea what happened to him. Although I will say that I'm of the opinion that fullbacks should be played on their natural side (left footed on the left, right footed on the right.) I actually think that has more of an impact on performance than people think. That said, Voser has been extremely average

dannyboi-ffc

I look at it this way, a player who plays in European leagues or CL coming to Fulham in the championship. And a club willing to sell them to us for peanuts suggests to me they are not that great. Let's be honest if they were that great they would be signing for a premier league club , the champs league on their CV paints a false picture in many cases.

Voser Amorebieta and Hoogland. Are they really any better than a solid championship player. I feel you know what you get with a stearman or a dunk and they tend to be less of a risk. Kone might come off but I would suggest if he was that good for just 2 million why haven't a better team come in for him? And why is he so keen on a downgraded move?

Comparing Messi isn't really relevant because he wouldn't ever come here. I know you said it was an extreme example but I think the comparison has to be more realistic if it's to be a valid point in this debate. But having said all that, fulham do tend to find gems from abroad so fingers crossed he turns out to be good. I won't criticise any player until I've seen them play

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 31, 2015, 09:54:56 AM
I look at it this way, a player who plays in European leagues or CL coming to Fulham in the championship. And a club willing to sell them to us for peanuts suggests to me they are not that great. Let's be honest if they were that great they would be signing for a premier league club , the champs league on their CV paints a false picture in many cases.

Voser Amorebieta and Hoogland. Are they really any better than a solid championship player. I feel you know what you get with a stearman or a dunk and they tend to be less of a risk. Kone might come off but I would suggest if he was that good for just 2 million why haven't a better team come in for him? And why is he so keen on a downgraded move?

Comparing Messi isn't really relevant because he wouldn't ever come here. I know you said it was an extreme example but I think the comparison has to be more realistic if it's to be a valid point in this debate. But having said all that, fulham do tend to find gems from abroad so fingers crossed he turns out to be good. I won't criticise any player until I've seen them play
WHY HAVEN'T A BETTER TEAM COME IN FOR  HIM? I think you are confused DB! I shall be keeping an eye on you!! :(
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 31, 2015, 10:06:31 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 31, 2015, 09:54:56 AM

WHY HAVEN'T A BETTER TEAM COME IN FOR  HIM? I think you are confused DB! I shall be keeping an eye on you!! :(

I bleed black and white.............I was born confused!!!!!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

grandad

Well tomorrow we will not be signing players from Germany, Italy,France, Holland, Russia & Spain as their windows shut at various times today.
That still leaves plenty other countries I can hardly pronounce let alone spell.
Where there's a will there's a wife