more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: grandad on August 31, 2015, 10:21:29 AM
Well tomorrow we will not be signing players from Germany, Italy,France, Holland, Russia & Spain as their windows shut at various times today.
That still leaves plenty other countries I can hardly pronounce let alone spell.

Don't quote me on it but I think their deadlines mean they can't sign players. For example Madrid have to tie up De Gea today but we could still sign Bale tomorrow. Or Kone..........whatever floats your boat
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Craven Mad

Messi is obviously a ridiculous comparison to Kone, but my point stands - how many times have you heard the phrase "he's good, but could he do it on a rainy night in Stoke?".

For that sort of level of transfer, look at how Di Maria faired at Utd...

Currently Aaron Ramsey (a player who reportedly nearly joined us) is performing better than Mesut Ozil. James Wilson (a player only successful at youth levels before) was keeping Radamel Falcao on the bench at Utd. I don't think anyone would say Ramsey and Wilson are (on paper) better players than Falcao and Ozil, but they performed better in the league.

Right tool for the job an all that...

Every transfer is a risk, but IMO that risk is lowered when the player has succeeded against the same opposition, played in the same country, speaks the language, doesn't even have to move very far and hasn't got any of the "settling in" barriers a player from another country and different league has to face.

Sebb86

Plenty of rumors right now , will be interesting to follow this over the next 2 days. I've been follow Lyon a bit over the last seasons. Bakery is a little bit naive in his way of defending from time to time but a real threat in the air. Of course this would be a gamble, no doubt about that. 2 - 2,5 million is a bargin. At his top of his game he would take a place in any PL team in mid/bottom region. We'll wait and see but this COULD be a great addition to the team.

It's a lot of rumors - How many defenders do we actually need? Mancini, Fredricks, Jone and Stearman.. Witch one of these would fit best into our team? No rumours about any strikers recently? What about Gayle? Many questions will be answered in the next couple of days. Surly it'll be quite interesting anyway!

jimmyc19

Kone deal off, fulham prefer other options.

Lighthouse

Feyenord 1 Million Euros for Dembele rejected

Fulham have informed his club that they will NOT be signing Kone.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

Is that official then about Kone? I don't know the first thing about Twitter so I rely on you guys for these 'in the know' updates. Where did you hear the deals off?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

Well tomorrow we will not be signing players from Germany, Italy,France, Holland, Russia & Spain as their windows shut at various times today.
That still leaves plenty other countries I can hardly pronounce let alone spell.
that's incorrect, they can still sell players but not sign after their respective deadlines, a good example of this is Russian and turkish clubs signing UK based players after the deadline as theirs is a few days later and has been for the last few windows
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 31, 2015, 10:43:50 AM
Is that official then about Kone? I don't know the first thing about Twitter so I rely on you guys for these 'in the know' updates. Where did you hear the deals off?
hopefully means Mancienne and Stearman are close to completion

jimmyc19

L'equipe who reported the deal in the first place now reporting its off, they're usually correct by the sound of it.

Woolly Mammoth

We have far too many Kones on the M25, we don't need another one.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Swiss72

Quote from: jimmyc19 on August 31, 2015, 10:47:15 AM

L'equipe who reported the deal in the first place now reporting its off, they're usually correct by the sound of it.

L Equipe is usually not the fastest to report rumours, but generally very reliable when it comes to statements like the one for Kone. They mentioned a €6m fee for Mancienne though. Not cheap.

grandad

Quote from: westcliff white on August 31, 2015, 10:46:10 AM
that's incorrect, they can still sell players but not sign after their respective deadlines, a good example of this is Russian and turkish clubs signing UK based players after the deadline as theirs is a few days later and has been for the last few windows

Thanks for that. I was not aware of that.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Tempest

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 31, 2015, 10:49:09 AM
We have far too many Kones on the M25, we don't need another one.

At a guess I'd say having a Wolley Mammoth on the M25 probably causes a little more of an issue traffic wise....................
Live in Falmouth!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 31, 2015, 10:25:09 AM

Don't quote me on it but I think their deadlines mean they can't sign players. For example Madrid have to tie up De Gea today but we could still sign Bale tomorrow. Or Kone..........whatever floats your boat

Yep, fairly sure teams with an open window can still sign from those where the window is closed.

TheManOnTheBus

Correct. windows are for incoming players. So we can buy from France tomorrow, but a French team can't buy Moussa.

Slaphead in Qatar

hope kone is off. heard only negative things about this player.

window will be closed in 24 hours. so we will all be put out of our misery and find out who is actually coming in,,,,,,,,,,,,,and going out.

westcliff white

Some rumours that Hutch maybe joining Sheff Utd on loan

Bronaldinho

Fulham still being linked with moves for Matej Vydra
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

grandad

Victor Moses could be going to W. Ham on loan. The chap has spent the last 2 seasons out on loan.Why on earth did the Blue Poo buy him in the first place. Feel sorry that he has been pushed around with them having no intention of playing him. They have another 29 out on loan. This stockpiling has to be stopped.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FPT

Quote from: grandad on August 31, 2015, 12:41:27 PM
Victor Moses could be going to W. Ham on loan. The chap has spent the last 2 seasons out on loan.Why on earth did the Blue Poo buy him in the first place. Feel sorry that he has been pushed around with them having no intention of playing him. They have another 29 out on loan. This stockpiling has to be stopped.

+1.

They are damaging careers by contracting a tonne of players and farming them around the world.